Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:52 AM

Obiano's N20m Choose-your-project Fund, An Innovation In Good Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano's N20m Choose-your-project Fund, An Innovation In Good Governance (297 Views)

El-rufai: I Don’t Have N20m In My Account To Buy Form, Except I Sell My House / $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu / Tony Nwoye, Anambra APC Guber Candidate Embezzles Constituency Project Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obiano's N20m Choose-your-project Fund, An Innovation In Good Governance by Irukkanews: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Obiano`S N20m Choose-Your-Project Fund, An Innovation In Good Governance - Okogbuo

The Deputy National Chairman(South),of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA),Chief Uchenna Okogbuo has described Governor Willie Obiano`s N20 Million Choose-Your-Project fund as innovation in good governance, According to him, it is an exercise that is very worthy of emulation by leaders in the three tiers of government.

He said with the project ,the governor has been able to reach the nooks and crannies of the state. Okogbuo said what made the project unique is that it has eliminated cing projects that are irrelevant in the communities. According to him ,the choose-your-project exercise has also ensured transparency in using of fund since nobody in a community is le7 in the dark concerning the fund.He said in some other states ,giving money to traditional rulers and leadership of the town unions was seen as delivering dividends of governance.However ,he said Governor Willie Obiano has given a blue print for rural development

"I want to say that Governor Willie Obiano has changed the narrative in government. I know of some states where the governors idea of delivering the dividends of democracy is every month ,once they get the federal allocation the presidents of the town unions and their traditional rulers would go to the government house and would be given big envelopes of money as pocket money .The governors feel that once they are in the good books of these presidents of town unions and traditional rulers ,their re-election are assured, but Governor Obiano has with the choose your project fund ,taken governance to the masses .

The common men and women are now part of the decision making as they have to decide what project to be executed in their various communities and also help in the execution because they see it as their own thing.”Okogbuo said

http://irukkanews.com/obianos-nm-chooseyourproject-fund-an-innovaon-in-good-governa-p2304-95.htm

Cc Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

200 Ex-agitators Graduated From Nine Months Intensive Automobile Engineering / I Trusted The Retired Soldier Upon The Retired Custom. / Office Of The Speaker, Kogi State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.