Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,996 members, 7,931,429 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:25 AM

Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? (12385 Views)

How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari / Do Fresh Party Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2006
Hmmmm i have no comment
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2006
For those who say is not qualified for this or that. You have a right to have views. However, we must really look at our views critically.
A lot of greenhorns have ruled the world and succeeded.
For crying out loud, why are we not tired of people without conscience? Of people who cannot do in office what they say during campaigns (liars of the pdp)? Why are we campaigning for people who do not tolorate dissent? Why do we prefer people who do not believe in consultative leadership where applicable? Why do we prefer people who cannot speak without reading pages prepared for them by professional script writers? Why are we interested in people who want to continue with OBJ's anti-people, anti social reforms?
For those who desire change, answer these questions then you'll stop being influenced by such matters as experience, religion, etc and become objective. Speaking also about objectivity, we need an objective person to rule this country, there are few of such people and they are Chris Okotie and infact Chris Okotie.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by otolorin(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2006
Jaybaba:

. . . there are few of such people and they are Chris Okotie and infact Chris Okotie.

now it hasn't gotten dat fanatic
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Seun(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2006
What "conscience" does Okotie have? Wasn't he the one who [b]lied [/b]that GOd promised him the last election?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Boot30(f): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2006
Maybe the lord has given Chris a word, "Go rule over the land" tongue
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by chelsea4su(f): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2006
u are right joftech
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by candylips(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2006
*** thinking***
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by goodguy(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2006
Okotie is the man Nigeria needs!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Jaybaba(m): 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2006
Goodguy u really are a good guy!
Reading the papers, you'll find IBB's kind of campaign. He's paying some unethical, good-for nothing, gutless men with FLEXIBLE or NO CONSCIENCE to make write-ups against human rights activist who are critical of his person.
From the foregoing, it is apparent that more "individual/personality" driven and vendatta kind of politics will soon be played out in another 4 years if anyone but Okotie becomes president.
If Okotie becomes president today, I am sure, we will get better.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ezeking(m): 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2006
Yes evryone is entitled to his/her opinion about Okotie, but the issue is that he is still the best candidate today. u can't take that away from him. For God's sake if u think people will not vote for him in 2007, then why did he win the Vangaurd/Silverbird popularity poll. Isn't it sheer sentimentalism? Infact he won by a wide margin that the next person didnt score up to half his points! how do u xplain that one??
I know that he will appear durin the debate stage of the poll, then jugde him with others based on facts not sentiments.
The arguments against him is normally that he is a pastor and shld not meddle into politics, thats sheer nonsence. The man is a Nigerian by birth, a lawyer turned musician then to pastor. But they forgot that Ronald Reagan was a hollywood actor turned politician. Pat Robertson of The 700 Club lost the 1988 US election based on issues not because people thought he was a pastor. i even hear people accuse him of owning a hummer jeep, thats sheer hypocrisy, IBB tours around with agbada that marches with the colour of his car and people want in in aso rock in 2007?
Na wah oohhh
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by goodguy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2006
Nigerians never fail to amaze me. We all want Nigeria to be greater, yet we do not want to vote for the person who, at this present time, seems the most suitable person to help achieve that greatness, simply because he is a Pastor.

Some even go ahead to say he's mixing God's work with worldy activities, and as such, he is a thief and a self-centered good-for-nothing fraud. Is this to say, if I, for instance, am a born again Christian, I should not contest for presidency simply because it is a thing of the world? Is this to say we should continually keep voting for crooks simply because they are "experienced" and "rugged"? For Christ's sake, I believe men of God, whose good works are visible enough for all to see, should even be the ones we all should be craving for to rule this devasted nation! Why on earth would anyone want to vote in renowned thieves like IBB and Atiku?

Please people, we need someone with a boundless vision and definite commitment to excellence, and I believe, Okotie is one of the very few that can do this job right.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by derint(m): 3:12am On Jan 05, 2007
Okotie for president.

In 2003 I voted for Gani but now with the info mation i have and my level of exposure I think and strongly urge Nigerians to exercise their right this next election and vote for change and not thesame old face. There can't be change in Nigeria unless We all play our very little part.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by prettyfola(f): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2007
[color=#990000][/color][size=8pt][/size][b][/b]actually what i feel about dis whole thing is that since Chris okotie said in the public that, the revelation is from God. if its actually of God then he will because God completes whatever he starts.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ezeking(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2007
God does not work in isolation FOLA. He uses people. Yesterday i watched Okoties interview on Silverbird and boy, He keeps getting better and more convincing.
At the end of the day it shall boil down to who u gonna vote for, Yar dua who is a puppet of OBJ or Okotie who has stood to what he believes. God might have told him something but it definately does not mean that he wont need me and you to accomplish it. If u are not convinced about Okotie, vote Yar dua but dont complain 2moro.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2007
I already know whom to vote for my finger is just waiting to thumb print.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2007
Okotie is a failure in terms of leadership and management. He could not manage is marriage till it crashed and he got divorced from his wife now he wants to manage Nigeria, What a irony! Pastor Okotie should try to manage his house first, then he could be considered to run as the Chairman of his local government.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by oyinboaja: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ezeking(m): 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2007
Its amazing that people think through their anus when they just dont understand people. They can say anything to justify how they feel.
Okotie and his wife did not, repeat did not divorce. It is a separation. Mariage counselors knows the diference. His wife walk out and can still walk back in. The thing about this is that Okotie has no control over the issue and he cant stop his wife against her will.
Hitler was a chicken with women but he domineerd his country and almost the whole world ; a lot of people dont know this. I am not sayin this to mean that Okotie has failed. i just want to point out some error in the way people thinks. George Washington had many crashed marriages and yet succeeded in leading America to independence.Isnt it ironic. If the only reason Okotie will not do well in leading Nigeria is because of his failed marriage, then i have no reason not to vote for him.
People should find more meaningfull and concrete reason why he wont make a good leader in Nigeria. More reasons please, ;;;; angry
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2007
I'd sooner vote for Okotie than any of the other contestants going around with their stolen wealth and inherited stolen wealth.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 12:26am On Feb 06, 2007
donnymikky:

Okotie is a failure in terms of leadership and management. He could not manage is marriage till it crashed and he got divorced from his wife now he wants to manage Nigeria, What a irony! Pastor Okotie should try to manage his house first, then he could be considered to run as the Chairman of his local government.
Can you please tell us the one that is not a failure in leadership?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2007
Its amazing that people think through their anus when they just don't understand people. They can say anything to justify how they feel.

You should be matured and constructive when you disagree with someone else' point, brother you needn't abuse or call people names when they dont agree with you.

Okotie and his wife did not, repeat did not divorce. It is a separation.
since when yesterday? No since last month??

if the only reason Okotie will not do well in leading Nigeria is because of his failed marriage, then i have no reason not to vote for him.

NOBODY has ever asked YOU not to vote for him.

People should find more meaningfull and concrete reason why he wont make a good leader in Nigeria. More reasons please,

I will give you just one reason I think Okotie is not the leader we need presently. He bought a HUMMER JEEP with millions of naira for his personal use while right there in his church there are so many unemployed graduates. The money spent in acquiering that jeep should have been used to create employement for the unemployed in his church atleast . He could have granted soft loan of 100,000 naira for each person and by the end of a year or two the money would have yielded profit even after the loan has been fully paid. If that is not good enough to him, he could have set up a small scale factory ( pure water factory, nylon factory, Poultry farms, etc) and employ the jobless in his church. If voted as the next president of Nigeria how does he want to tackle the issue of unemployement when he cant practice what he preaches about good governance?. If i may ask "what did you think gave MOSHOOD KASHIMAWO ABIOLA the victory he recorded in the 1993 June 12th Election?, he simply practiced what he believed to be good gorvernance. He touched the lives of so many poeple across the entity called NIGERIA. My brother you know a good leader by what he does before he gets to position of power.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 07, 2007
donnymikky:

I will give you just one reason I think Okotie is not the leader we need presently. He bought a HUMMER JEEP with millions of naira for his personal use while right there in his church there are so many unemployed graduates. The money spent in acquiering that jeep should have been used to create employement for the unemployed in his church atleast . He could have granted soft loan of 100,000 naira for each person and by the end of a year or two the money would have yielded profit even after the loan has been fully paid. If that is not good enough to him, he could have set up a small scale factory ( pure water factory, nylon factory, Poultry farms, etc) and employ the jobless in his church. If voted as the next president of Nigeria how does he want to tackle the issue of unemployement when he can't practice what he preaches about good governance?. If i may ask "what did you think gave MOSHOOD KASHIMAWO ABIOLA the victory he recorded in the 1993 June 12th Election?, he simply practiced what he believed to be good gorvernance. He touched the lives of so many poeple across the entity called NIGERIA. My brother you know a good leader by what he does before he gets to position of power.

Touché . . .I've actually made the same point before.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2007
I also made the point before about his osentatious lifestyle and how I believe that will not be in the best interest of Nigeria. However, I do not see any better candidate out there, or maybe I dont know they exist
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by graciella(f): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2007
YOu people should stop criticising this man abeg.

Nigeria's first ever opinion poll
pat utomi 5%
rufai 9%
dora 7%
uzor kalu 11%
babangida 3%, etc. the worst part is that Silverbird tv invited them all to say a word. Na only the guy come

see more on this website: www.freshdemocraticparty.com
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Mariory(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2007
graciella:

YOu people should stop criticising this man abeg.

Why? Since when do sincere pastors, evangelists, reverend fathers etc earn enough money to purchase a Humvee?
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2007
Why? Since when do sincere pastors, evangelists, reverend fathers etc earn enough money to purchase a Humvee?

Ask them again maybe they did not hear you clearly. I dont like talking about anybody who calls himself a man of God or clergy but i'm constrained to comment on Pastor Okotie's politicl ambition. Nigerian president is not expected to favour any religion more than others. For eample, if Okotie as the president of Nigeria is to be visited by members of Traditional Religion Association of Nigeria how will he attend to them being a pastor?. Every year sellected Muslims and Christians are sponsored by federal and state Governments to perform hadj in Mecca and Jerusalem respectively. We are also aware that some traditional festivals such as Osun Oshogbo day are major festivals that attract the support of the F.G every year. What will be the position of pastor Okotie towards the celebration of this fetivals if elected the next Nigerian president? If the Minister for/of Culture presents budget for these festivals will Okotie approve of do otherwise being a pastor?? there are so many reasons Pastor Okotie will not make a good leader if indeed he has strong sentiments for his FAITH.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by tedukaegbu: 7:01pm On Feb 13, 2007
I have listening to this guy speak of what his presidency would mean to Nigeria and the Nigerians. I have no doubt he understands Nigerian politics - albeit theoretically. He is ambitious and obviously has more than the intellectual capacity for the job. His followers tell me he is a great preacher. As a musician, he was my hero in the 70s. But I think he is dubious in intent. With all the disadvantages: Coming from the South South, had neither had any political positions (other than ambitions) in the past nor requisite political experience and he knows it. Nigeria is the same as Bleep Ministry. As some commentators had rightly said, he should start from his State - and Nigerians can watch him from there. Will I vote for him? No!  , Ted Ukaegbu
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by slimnike(m): 11:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
If some of you do not like Chris ,that does not mean others don't.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2007
If some of you do not like Chris ,that does not mean others don't.

It is not all about LIKENESS but ABILITY to deliver!
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2007
Perhaps he should be a little less ostentatious. He appears to be taken in by materialism and an open display of wealth.

I'd still vote for him among the present lot
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by ezeking(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2007
I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE CAN STILL BE THINKING THROUGH THEIR ANUS.
IF IBB BUYS A HUMMER GEEP AND WEARS A NATIVE TO MATCH AND GO WITH TO MATCH CONVOY, WE APPLAUD HIM. MEANWHILE U AND I KNOW WHERE AND HOW HE GOT THE MONEY.
   WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR IS THAT OKOTIE STOLE THE MONEY HE USED IN BUYING HUMMER GEEP. FOR CHRIST SAKE A BLESSED MAN IS ENVIED HERE. I CAN TRUELLY READ THE HAND WRITTINGS ON THE WALL. U DONT AGREE WITH OKOTIE,,,GOOD, BUT U CANT SEEM TO HANDLE HIM OR PLACE HIM WHERE U THINK HE BELONGS, I PITY U SHA.
 THE MAN IS WELL ABOVE HIS CONTEMPOS. ALL U NEED TO DO IS TO LISTEN TO HIM TELL U ABOUT NIGERIA. NO BULLSHITTING, U WONT COME HERE AND ARGUE.
Re: Chris Okotie (Fresh Party) For President In 2007? by Easyy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2007
ezeking:

I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE CAN STILL BE THINKING THROUGH THEIR ANUS.

there was no need for that.

I doubt if your pastor will be happy with you for insulting someone who has done nothing except to disagree with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Rev. Fr Mbaka Advices Christians To Not Vote For GEJ. / Bukola Saraki At The Celebration Of French National Day In Abuja / NGO Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.