Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,212 members, 7,903,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:49 AM

The Second Stanza. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Second Stanza. (520 Views)

Osogbo Book Club Set To Host The Second Phase Of The Read Nigeria Project / Characters And Characterization In The Second Class Citizen By Buchi Emecheta / The Second Wife - A Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Second Stanza. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
MUSINGS OF MICHARMONY

THE SECOND STANZA

"Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause.
Guide our leaders right,
Help our youth the truth to know.
In love and honesty to grow,
And living just and true,
Great lofty heights attain,
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign."

The answer lies in this prayer, but unfortunately it has been relegated, forgotten by people who were meant to sing its song in total conviction with hearts brimming in belief, but now filled with doubt.

Leaders now guided wrong, decisions blinded by greed, myopic in vision, short sighted as they can not see farther than their selfish interests.
Doing not right, they try to appease the wronged populace with leftover crumbs from the national cake, satisfying themselves they move around potbellied,
Or not.
Lies becoming the bedrock of true information or defamation, whilst the propagators rock their beds with smiles of content, contempt.

Youths in the throes of ambition, aiming for the top but never willing to climb, so we make ourselves 'high' just to feel 'fly', with our controls looking for the shortcut.
Youths deceived at the sight of an apple, with self esteem as low current, limited vision so they need phones with one eye, like iphones to be high folks with names like bitch, having no main target they wouldn't mind being side chicks for a few grains. Craving for so much yet you feel incomplete like broken chords.
Though you still want to be baby mamas, but how does a 'baby mother' mother a baby? What seeds do you plant into the brains of the fruit of your womb when your mind is uncultivated?
And we're called the leaders of tomorrow, but we have not mastered today.

I leave judgement in the hands of no man.
We may not have a perfect life, but we can make our existence favorable with better choices.
One man acts like he knows all because the people are ignorant means;
The people are ignorant so one man thinks he knows all, which they believe.

Arise, o compatriots,
We choose our fate,
Blood has been spilled on this land, we must not let it be in vain.
On the path to love and honesty, justice and truth, great and lofty heights, peace and unity,
I choose to ask, not what my country can do for me, but how I may make my country better, doing my part, giving my best.

Nigeria is 'I', Nigeria is 'YOU'.
Change begins with 'US'.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

©2017, Eruedoja Valentine Michael.
'Micharmony'

(1) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Josh. True Life Story. / After Death Comes Life / The Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.