Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,605 members, 7,944,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? (1063 Views)

The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks / Wizkid Shades Davido At Royal Albert Hall, London: We Don't Want Any Funny Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by MovicVibe(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela?
On Friday (Sept. 29), music star Wizkid made history becoming the first African artiste to sell out London’s prestigious Royal Albert Hall.

26 year old Wizkid impressed with his nearly two hour set which saw him performing timeless hits like Jaiye Jaiye, One Dance, Ojuelegba and many more tracks from his latest album (Sounds From The Other Side) with a live band and no backing vocals.

The over 5,000 strong audience (which consisted of a mix of Nigerians, other African and European nationalities) sang every word along with him.
It was history.
It was emotional.
It was the stuff legends are made of.
Wizkid’s history making performance brought so much national pride to us as Nigerians, that some over excited millennials thought it was wise to not only compare Wizzy to Fela but to also say that he had surpassed the late great Afrobeat king.

Wrong Move.
The blasphemous tweets resulted in an all out dragging by fans session by not just Fela fans but Wiz’s as well.

Wizkid has achieved a lot…no doubt.
But I think it is beyond MADNESS to compare Wizkid to Fela much less say he has surpassed his achievements.

FELA was the original, the greatest.
The man wasn’t just an iconic musician that created a new genre of music.

He was a movement.
It was more than music, it was about the people, it was about being pro black, it was about fighting for the common man to be heard, to the detriment of himself and his family.

CREDITS: BIMBOGRAMM
Share Your Thoughts!

More updates on www.movicvibe.com

Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by Jumbus31(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Fela put naija music on the map . No social media, no technology. Just straight raw talent I'm personally offended at the slander.
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by MovicVibe(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jumbus31:
Fela put naija music on the map . No social media, no technology. Just straight raw talent I'm personally offended at the slander.

Is that what you think?
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by Jumbus31(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
MovicVibe:

Is that what you think?
You're still asking me if that's what I think? Nawa o. If not that Wande Coal is unserious and chooses food and awoof over his music career. You should have been comparing Wizkid to Wande, not Fela.

2 Likes

Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by MovicVibe(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jumbus31:
You're still asking me if that's what I think? Nawa o. If not that Wande Coal is unserious and chooses food and awoof over his music career. You should have been comparing Wizkid to Wande, not Fela.

Lmao
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by yungmoney447(m): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jumbus31:
MTN TRUE TALK.
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by loomer: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
That time when fela dey sing for abroad, how many black people dey go watch shows?
Na mostly whites and the place dey full.

So compare
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by MovicVibe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
loomer:

That time when fela dey sing for abroad, how many black people dey go watch shows?
Na mostly whites and the place dey full.

So compare

cheesy grin grin
Re: Does Wizkid Selling Out Royal Albert Hall Makes Him Better Than Fela? by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2017
Luv wizzy to the bone,but come on we are talking about FELA.The afrobeat KING,the CREATOR of afrobeat for that matter.I see wizkid as a student of fela if you know what I mean.the student can never surpass the teacher,he can only be like him.but never better or greater than him.

(1) (Reply)

Actor Tyrese Gibson Accused Of Abusing His Daughter / Photos From The Idibia's Trip To Dubai. Annie, 2Face, Olivia & Isabella. / My Goodness… Excited Banky W Posts Nude Photo Of Adesua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.