Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,676 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (69565 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by just2endowed: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
talk2dboss:

Please note that they keep specifying on satelite. Satelite has nothing to do with the internet or data. Data or internet is an add on service. This is what is being used in USA. Internet and Satelite being sold as a package
Tell us something and explain how the package like in usa

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
Themandator:

People want to buy , the problem is where to buy ....I called a number on their site and was told two weeks that installation staff are on training ....Because it comes with internet service is and not just dish

They told me anybody that can install dstv can also install tstv

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by VellyG(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/
Oga don't mislead people because u don't want Dstv to go down. How has CTL managed to survive with Beinsports for years now? CTL is Nigerian owned and they have all the Bein sports channels for EPL, LA LIGA and champions league.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
[s]
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/
[/s] Ur analysis is baseless. If it is as u claim how come Sky plc nd BT have been able to achieve dis feat in d U.K

7 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by MrRitchie: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
Vodafone has been doing the same thing here in Europe for a very long time, you have a decoder plus internet WiFi altogether, your Internet doesn't have anything to do with the stations you're watching as they're both working differently, so for those saying TSTV internet will also act as an access to watch their stations that's completely false

The internet is there only if you want to make a video call direct from the decoder or connect the WiFi to your phones and computers

While the dish will be there also to pick the satellite stations.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
Millz404:

Don't mind people. Tstv people are playing smart. U use the data for both tv and browsing before u know 1 month 10gig don finish in two days. Den wen u don subscribe 12k in 1 month. They will know that "when something is too good to be true, it actually is too good to be true
See mk I tell you truth,10gig subscription cannot last for even 1week sef. Dah time subscription was 10gig for 2500 mine lasts just 1week plus. So using 10gig to sub won't even last days. Dz one na high scam maybe cos person fit subscribe 2/3 tyms in a month
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
A lot of people now forming tech pros these days.

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by akinwumiedward(m): 7:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
paranorman:
See as everybody dey fear to buy am and test for the the ret of us! grin tongue

Customer confidence in Nigerian has gone sore sha
grin
paranorman:
See as everybody dey fear to buy am and test for the the ret of us! grin tongue

Customer confidence in Nigerian has gone sore sha
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by nototribalist: 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
abhosts:
Human Beings are just like weather. The same people singing praises of this company would soon change their tune when they discover they are simply chasing a Fantasy.
do you know something similar like tstv have been in use in some South East states like imo. It's called CTL just that the beIN sports 1 - 10 HD are not English channels but the 10 stations will show you all football live matches. As for the TV part I believe, but my problem is the internet part.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by greggng: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Whether good or bad I am going for it. Anything that will chase this south Africans out of here is welcomed

7 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by TheEastActivist: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Boscolo:

I will like to know what is the average broadband speed in Nigeria? Now if the broadband speed is ok (which I don't think) then their advert is a bait to attract people to patronize them, because you can't stream with 10GB for 10day (let say 5hours minnimum each day)
It's a good idea but only if and if only if what they plan to offer is satellite.
Even sky tv has a router box and sky tv HD box. Is the box they ll provide serves as a router ? Well further explanation ll help, anyway nairaland is a place to learn grin

Router with a modem not just router cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Ericsdm55(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
Testimonies from those who bought it pls. We need proof..
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by stilldoingokay(f): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Am surfing with my free tstv data since yesterday. Thanks to tstv for this wonderful experience

why isn't that I don't feel like believing you
hmm
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Correspondence(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ericsdm55:
Testimonies from those who bought it pls. We need proof..

Those who bought it can't be here. They are watching the Tstv channels.

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by raystanley(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
Opinionated:
Many small businesses and even homes incur 2 bills that are not essential needs in the real sense of it but many people feel they cannot do without them -Internet and satellite television subscription.

Would it not be nice to have one solution that provides you with both at a cheap rate? This is exactly what the newly-launched TSTV is bringing. You can depending on how heavily you use data for example, subscribe to Internet and satellite TV for N3,000 per month or even less if you are a light user. Some people pay higher rates to get Internet on their smartphones alone. This for us is the real game-changing proposition that TSTV has over DSTV and StarTimes which are currently No. 1 and 2 in the Nigerian satellite/Pay-TV market.

TSTV explains it thus:

“We will pioneer the introduction of Smart set top boxes in Nigeria DTH industry.” it set-up box as the following features:

“HD SMART Set Top Box (Connected Set top box) converts your existing LED TV into a Smart TV besides showing you more than 100 Channels & services in High Definition and Standard Definition. While the DTH tech in it brings television channels in Standard Definition and High Definition, the Connected set top box allows one to browse content from Twitter, Facebook, Daily Motion, video on demand sites, Over the Top, OTT apps, news, weather etc. through applications residing on STB. Our HD Smart Set Top Box will work as a tool for personalization, engagement, and new customer experiences and with internet connectivity, one can convert one‘s TV into a smart TV using it. Subscribers are entitled to a complementary 20GB internet capacity every month and this service is available for extension on demand.

“TSTV STB Back-Office End-to-End Solution is an easy-to-maintain solution for delivering TV, Video-On-Demand, and interactive services to end users who use LAN. It suits for schools, hospitals, hotels, communities, securities firms and so on.

“TSTV STB platform also includes in-built fast Wi-Fi, up to 802.11ac, 1 GBit/s Ethernet and USB 3.0 interface. TSTV STB supports built-in Bluetooth 4.0, RF for hybrid remote controls and support of Smart Home services via Zigbee/Thread standard. Multichannel video recording is possible via fast external USB 3.0 hard disks up to 50 Gigabyte capacity. Our Smart STBs also have the capacity to make video calls with other TSTV subscribers via IP.”

Not only can you watch the channels that TSTV is having on its satellite platform, you can also stream other content from the Internet including but not limited to YouTube.

TSTV Purchase and Subscription Rates

TSTV decoder plus dish goes for N5,000 (you might have to pay extra for installation which is a separate service).

As you can see, very attractive rates:

TSTv daily plan – N200 plus 500MB
TSTv 3 days plan – N500 plus 1GB
TSTv Weekly plan – N750 plus 2GB
TSTv 10 days plan – N1,000 plus 3GB
TSTv 2 Weeks plan – N1,500 plus 5GB
TSTv Monthly Plan – N3,000 Plus 10GB

This kind of ‘democritization’ of Satellite TV and Internet access to Nigerians is likely to unleash our creativity and force the likes of DSTV and StarTimes to provide similar or better services.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/tstv-set-change-internet-satellite-television-experience/

Here is another one...
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by shibanbo(m): 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
TStv give them a chase for their RANDS
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by bodejohn(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnwankwo:

Don't mind our people...

It amazes me how we get burnt each time with sweet scams. We won't just ask the right questions. No one is against cheaper solutions but how will it be delivered?

No be so we no ask which change the last?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by kally90(f): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Am surfing with my free tstv data since yesterday. Thanks to tstv for this wonderful experience
How did you get yours?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Freelancer007(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
TSTV is the sure game changer
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by hermosa7: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Lomprico2:
Who don buy and the use am eeeeee?

October 1st was launch date. Then the dealers go to stock their shops and later in the week you and I can get it from their shops. I've been chatting with one particular dealer all week.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Wayne4uall(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Maydfourth:
I beg will it work without Nepa ooooooo

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Smutt360raven: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool

Trust me, you know nothing about technology.

3 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Frankel7(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Already following.....
Thread.................

Patiently...........
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by miketayo(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:

liar grin grin
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by ayoyonet(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
Good
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by DrHighchief(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Really? Picture quality nko?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by basic23111: 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
I have been calling Tstv dealers since yesterday non of them have it
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by 2shure: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Liar spotted
Decoder sales starts i guess by next week
Liar
blogbuilder:
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Hilles(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
http://www.lemmymorgan.com/tstv-africa-launchedunveiled-without-sports/ came across this blog earlier today, it includes a video of the test run,it sure ran well even with out the much anticipated sport channels..I choose to stay hopeful, knowing fully well they will straighten it all out soon.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by lonelydora: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool

Igbo man fear fear......you cracked me up shaa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / Bbnaija: How Viewers Voted For Tega, Peace, Michael, Boma, Saga, Nini / KiddWaya & Erica Boobs: Will This Fresh Scandal In BBNaija Be Ignored Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.