Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,776 members, 7,908,999 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:39 PM

Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff (5715 Views)

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Akanbiedu(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
fuckmedown:

there is a dark sheep in our mist on this forum, whe need to be very carefull. cry[color=Black][/color]

He who is down fears no fall
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by rasputinn(m): 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
That's his own personal opinion and I respect that hence wont tell him to shut his dirty trap,however Jonathan should do everything he needs to do to ensure he has only people loyal to him in his cabinet
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Realpoint(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
@all,

Most of the people in this forum sound bias because instead of disagree with what Sultan said they are blaming his religion abah!!! If truly we are sincere about the unity of the country let us face reality.

Is it only Muslim that commit crime in Jos? As for me no!!! because those Generals there are doing more evil undernet.Imagine before 2002,no problem in Jos,Why sudden change? I believed the perpetrators of this killing in Jos and other part of this great Nigeria will suffer.

Back to the utterance ascribe to Sultan. I don't agree with him by linking it with religion at all. But we should understand that nobody blame Christianity when OBJ,Iwu and other commit my mistake/crime so let us be sincere and contribute meaningfully when issues like this is being addressed.

Remember that all these traditional rulers are more like political part or godfather used by the wick/rich to enslave our thought/reasoning take or leave it so Sultan does not represent Muslims veiw in this case.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by sjeezy8: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ he respresnt MOST MUSLIMS IN THE NORTH SO IT MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

Realpoint:

@all,

Most of the people in this forum sound bias because instead of disagree with what Sultan said they are blaming his religion abah!!! If truly we are sincere about the unity of the country let us face reality.

Is it only Muslim that commit crime in Jos? As for me no!!! because those Generals there are doing more evil undernet.Imagine before 2002,no problem in Jos,Why sudden change? I believed the perpetrators of this killing in Jos and other part of this great Nigeria will suffer.

Back to the utterance ascribe to Sultan. I don't agree with him by linking it with religion at all. But we should understand that nobody blame Christianity when OBJ,Iwu and other commit my mistake/crime so let us be sincere and contribute meaningfully when issues like this is being addressed.

Remember that all these traditional rulers are more like political part or godfather used by the wick/rich to enslave our thought/reasoning take or leave it so Sultan does not represent Muslims veiw in this case.

Jos was peacful because there was no sharia in the north and jos indignes didnt have to worry about muslims coming into jos with sharia and islamization on their bloody minds.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by biina: 11:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Builder:

@ Bina

i believe u are a  moderate moslim, nothing wrong in that, but instead of condeming the atrocities done by the islam people, u rather find faults associted with christianity in place like serbia , ireland etc.  Indeed islam is a religion of peace.
You believe wrongly. I am not approving of, and do condemn, atrocities committed by anyone (Muslim, christian, oracle priest or whatever). What I do have a problem with is people, pretending like if 'Christians' are holier than thou,  who use the fact that some muslims commit atrocities, or make some condemnable statements, as a sufficient requisite to find all Muslims and Islam guilty of the offence. Yet they would not apply same measure to other people and religion.

Some of the worst leaders in history like Hitler, or organizations like KKK, thought of themselves as Christians, and yet I don't see anybody throwing the entire Christendom under the bus. After all, wasnt the slave trade dominated by christians? Nigeria is filled with people who claim to be either Christian or Muslim and yet they commit some of the worst atrocities you can think of. I have met several God fearing people and have also seen some devil incarnates, yetr I have never observed any correlation between their nature and their religious affiliation. If someone does that which is wrong, condemn him and hold the individual responsible for his speech or actions, but do not use such as an opportunity to take shots or make sweeping condemnation of another religion.

Anyone is free to condemn the statement by the sultan, but it should not be used as an excuse to assault Islam. More so, the Sultan's position in the Nigerian Muslim community is by virtue of his birth and enthronement, and not piety. So there is nothing to say he is even a good muslim.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by sjeezy8: 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
biina:

You believe wrongly. I am not approving of, and do condemn, atrocities committed by anyone (Muslim, christian, oracle priest or whatever). What I do have a problem with is people, pretending like if 'Christians' are holier than thou, who use the fact that some muslims commit atrocities, or make some condemnable statements, as a sufficient requisite to find all Muslims and Islam guilty of the offence. Yet they would not apply same measure to other people and religion.

Some of the worst leaders in history like Hitler, or organizations like KKK, thought of themselves as Christians, and yet I don't see anybody throwing the entire Christendom under the bus. After all, wasnt the slave trade dominated by christians? Nigeria is filled with people who claim to be either Christian or Muslim and yet they commit some of the worst atrocities you can think of. I have met several God fearing people and have also seen some devil incarnates, yetr I have never observed any correlation between their nature and their religious affiliation. If someone does that which is wrong, condemn him and hold the individual responsible for his speech or actions, but do not use such as an opportunity to take shots or make sweeping condemnation of another religion.

Anyone is free to condemn the statement by the sultan, but it should not be used as an excuse to assault Islam. More so, the Sultan's position in the Nigerian Muslim community is by virtue of his birth and enthronement, and not piety. So there is nothing to say he is even a good muslim.

we know there are bad christian as there are bad muslims BUT we dont need muslims in Naija actin like terrorist and terrorizing people in the name of Allah.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by furacao(m): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Stupid malo. No sense. Who asked you?
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by zmurda(m): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
phuckin oaf. phucking fulani ass

my advise is the Plateau christians should arm themselves and retaliate. If they don't it would happen again and again. The government is not gonna give them justice.

That was what was done in Kaduna in 2000. Hit the fulani real hard, as much as we want to live in denial, this is war.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by biina: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
sjeezy8:

we know there are bad christian as there are bad muslims BUT we dont need muslims in Naija actin like terrorist and terrorizing people in the name of Allah.
and attacking Islam and labeling all Muslims as terrorists is the right approach? undecided
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by zmurda(m): 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
biina:

and attacking Islam and labeling all Muslims as terrorists is the right approach? undecided

tell on that one occasion that a christian has ever started a massacre in Nigeria. They are the terrorists in Nigeria. I have a feeling the Northern muslim politicians, emirs, soldiers, sultan are the ones providing firepower and logistics for those stupid fulani herdsmen

PS: I am not christian.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by sjeezy8: 11:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
biina:

better safe than sorry. If you are from the north the north is there for you to stay and if youre from the SW the north is also there for you to stay. What im saying is muslims dont do a good job in curving extremism amongst muslims and I have been to the mosque plenty of time and my mothers whole family is muslim. They might not be terrorist but they dont say or do anything to address the problem of islamic extremism.- truth be told

If it were christians terrorising people because of christ - I would be DAMN MAD that someone is using JESUS AS AN EXCUSE TO KILL PEOPLE. I just dont see that type of attitude from muslims- they are more or less unconcerned if it doesn directly affect them.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Kilode1: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2010
Why do we even need a Sultan, an Oba, Obi or Emir?

These folks are nothing but some historical hangover, a reminder of how foolish we used to be, thinking some Man has more right than the other, The only purpose they should serve is just as an amusement, unfortunately they aren't even funny.

Your people are dying of poverty and ignorance Sultan Abubakar! can you give us some wise statement on how to solve that? have you looked out of the palace lately?angry

Remember Louis XVI! Sultan, Nigerians will get tired one day.

The same goes for Jonathan and all those gluttons masqurading as leaders.

Enough will soon be Enough. angry
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Arysexy(m): 12:12am On Mar 10, 2010
S-U-L-T-A-N => S-A-T-A-N!

I WONDER TO THE EXTENT MUSLIMS WOULD TRY TO CONVINCE , SORRY CONFUSE ME THAT ISLAM MEANS PEACE? ABI NA PIECES?

U CAN IMAGINE A WORSHIPER WITH A DAGGER UNDER HIS CLOTHE, WAITING FOR THE USUAL RITUAL TO END BEFORE HE WILL GO AND MASSACRE INNOCENT FELLOW ALL IN THE NAME OF RELIGION, IF ISLAM IS PEACE WHY ARE WE NOT HAVING PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST? IN THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIAN? AND EVERY WHERE U FIND MUSLIMS IN THE MAJORITY? HAVE U HEARD OF RELIGIOUS WAR IN VATICAN, ENGLAND? EVEN INDIA THAT IS NEITHER XTIAN NOR ISLAMIC STATE?

THERE IS MORE TO THESE LIES THAN MEET THE EYE.

I HAVE VOWED! ANY DAY MY RELATIVE WILL BE AFFECTED BY ALL THESE FANATICS IN THE NAME OF ISLAM, I WILL KILL 20 OF THEM IN REVENGE, WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN I WILL EXPLAIN TO GOD. NDI ARA!
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Arysexy(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2010
[b][b][color=#990000][b][b][b]
If your father was killed in Jos, u would have been doing more than name calling. Christian my foot!

They only convince you when they say only Alma gris cause troubles as the Alhajis buy cheap plots of land and houses as Christians desert the area heavily populated by muslims, only u believe them when they say one Nigeria as it is said because oil is not in their region. I know Azikwe is not resting well and up up Ojukwu. Shame on Yorubas and Niger Deltans for selling out and thank God the latter is 'hearing' it now.It remains the former. Now the Plateau people are being bleeped up-Thank God. They collaborated with Tiv and Taraba men to humiliate Igbos. Opari!Na turn by turn Plc for all una!

The only regret is Igbos' businesses and lives are being decimated.We will figure out how to handle those pretty soon.One Nigeria-my assss
[/b][/b]
[/b][/b][/b][/color]

GBAM!

grin
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by arogbowei: 12:56am On Mar 10, 2010
It's a pity that the Sultan could bring ethno/religious sentiments into a serious issue such as that unlawful/illegal/unconstitutional/criminal deployment of troops. The COAS should face the music, he failed to realize the transient nature of power, he was blind to reality. Since he took that risk to end his own career so be it. He should just go. He has failed Nigeria and Nigerians, he has failed the Army.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by chelseabmw(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2010
sultan of sokoto, maybe the sun affects these northerners some times
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Realpoint(m): 9:29am On Mar 10, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^^ he respresnt MOST MUSLIMS IN THE NORTH SO IT MATTER WHAT HE SAYS.

Jos was peacful because there was no sharia in the north and jos indignes didnt have to worry about muslims coming into jos with sharia and islamization on their bloody minds.
ir

He does not represent Islam so stop labeling Muslims bad. Thinks of what NORTHERN CHRISTIAN ELDERS FORUM said that the chief of army staff should be sack. Are they not wrong? Let people talk on his/her own without linking it with religion body that is my point.

Try to find out where sharia is being practice in the North? And I must tell you the truth that you know nothing about sharia at all if only you will agree. So find out about sharia itself to know if it's order killing of innocent life.

The last crisis in Jos before the resent one is cause by whom? Find out very well please. See people like you have little knowledge of what they are saying so try to read and know about Islam instead of using what I will call conspiracy on the earth to judge.

How did you know Muslims don't preach against terrorism? I totally disagree with you because I know so many that against it.

z-murda:

phuckin oaf. phucking fulani backside

my advise is the Plateau christians should arm themselves and retaliate. If they don't it would happen again and again. The government is not gonna give them justice.

That was what was done in Kaduna in 2000. Hit the fulani real hard, as much as we want to live in denial, this is war.

That is what happened last time in Jos that lead to this one again? Please stop calling for war as one only know the beginning but only God knows the end ooo.I hope you don't have any of your family members in Jos that is why?

Islam is a religion of peace because if you truly believe with all sincerity, you will attain the level of total peace of mind and contentment in life.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by yemipretty(f): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2010
Sultan ko, Sound Sultan ni.
Y don't people ever think of the meaning of their words before spilling out crap. Nonsense.
Either way u look at it, the COAS shld be sacked. If he was caught unawares, then he isn't doing his job at all and should be sacked. If he knew about it and authorized the deployment of troops without the President's (Acting or not) consent, he is overeaching his powers and authorities and should be sacked.
End of story.
It is when things like this happen that u know that the country is not secure at all.
Good thing the NSA was sacked.
Even Jonathan should be queried for having a porous intelligence mechanism. How could this happen and he will be unaware. If they were plotting a coup, thats how they will kill him and he won't even know.

People, let the Sultan talk his crap. Afterall 'nkan to ba wun anybody lole fenu won so'
Detach religious sentiments and address the real issues involved. Awon agbaya.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by babylishus: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2010
AS a matter of fact the Sultan is being veeeery smart and politically astute here. Don't you see: there is absolutely no reason for Danbazzau to remain in office after his flagrant disregard for law, respect for authority and braggadacio attitude. So, what's the best way to protect him? Throw in the religion card. It works every time. wink So now, if they fire him it will be about him being 'victimised' because he's a Muslim and in the process sweeping his glaring faults under the carpet.

No, my friends, the Sultan is no idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing.

And BTW, I am in Jos. I have seen the pictures. I know people who lost relatives (one of them living in my house) so please don't throw the 'you don't know what it feels like' card at me. I have stayed up at nights hearing gunshots and shouting and have seen things and felt things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I pray and hope that NONE of you nairalanders ever has to go through this in your life.

There's a bigger picture here. It's not about a few 'random' reprisal attacks. It's a whole idea that we have come to live with in Nigeria. As long as you have the right excuse, the right connection, the right 'godfather' you can murder hundreds of people and you'll get away with it. No?

What happened to the guys arrested and sent to Abuja after the 2008 crisis? Where dem dey? Any news? ANY arrests made in connection with the brutal murders that took place in Kano after that Danish cartoon debacle? ANY compensation given to victims (both Christian and Muslim) in the Boko Haram crisis that engulfed Borno, Bauchi and parts of Yobe? Any arrest and indictments made in relation to the bloody Kaduna crisis of 2001?

As long as we shelter people based on their ethnic and/or religious affiliations, we will NEVER move forward in this nation. I am only very disappointed in the Sultan- but I don't blame him as he seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure his predecessor, the late and very wise Sultan Maccido would have handled this a little better and with a little more tact.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Bmcc(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2010
when Micheal AONDOKA was removed from justice minister no muslim saw anything wrong with it why re peolpe just trying to heat up the polity with religious matter i am very disappointed with the utterances of the sultan.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by furacao(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2010
Bmcc:

when Micheal AONDOKA was removed from justice minister no muslim saw anything wrong with it why re peolpe just trying to heat up the polity with religious matter i am very disappointed with the utterances of the sultan.

Are you really disappointed? what did you expect from such a man? Abeg, it's a typical utterance from someone like him who can only see things in two lights; muslim and others,
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by idifu(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
Sultan should be arrested rite now for making such a statement
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by splashbaby(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
idifu:

Sultan should be arrested rite now for making such a statement
No crime in opinion brov
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by furacao(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2010
splashbaby:

No crime in opinion brov

Unless stupidity is a crime,
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
sjeezy8:

better safe than sorry. If you are from the north the north is there for you to stay and if youre from the SW the north is also there for you to stay. What im saying is muslims dont do a good job in curving extremism amongst muslims and I have been to the mosque plenty of time and my mothers whole family is muslim. They might not be terrorist but they dont say or do anything to address the problem of islamic extremism.- truth be told

If it were christians terrorising people because of christ - I would be DAMN MAD that someone is using JESUS AS AN EXCUSE TO KILL PEOPLE. I just dont see that type of attitude from muslims- they are more or less unconcerned if it doesn directly affect them.

this is so true. naija muslims are indifferent at best. at the worst they actually root for the terrorists
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by amazonia(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
@ St. t, mega ditto to your comment. I adverse all nigerians to please ARM themselves the barbarians from the North are already armed. Buy you, you families and love ones some arms. Get cutlasses, daggers, knives, acids and guns handy to defend and protect your love ones when the Hausa/Fulani muslim jihadist [terrorists] come calling for a blood sucking orgy.Nigeria govt. is illegitemate and irresponsible. We must start disobeying their irresponsible laws. Active and passive resistance to their rules should prevail.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by suave: 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hold on a second, I thought he was replaced by another Muslim. Very prosaic comment from this highly revered leader, with all due respect. And what the hell does this even got to do wiv religion?
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by jamalzox: 4:47am On Mar 11, 2010
WANTED:
AN EXPERIENCED MUSIC/SOUND PRODUCER WHO IS VERSATILE AND CAN MAKE USE OF PRO TOOLS WELL.
CAN MIX AND MASTER WELL ON PRO TOOLS,
CALL 08066301946.
LASGIDI ,
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by beeke(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2010
I am not surprise @ the saltan of sokoto comment cos i neva expected him to say otherwise i could hav been surprise if he said dat what the COAS did was wrong, some of us are 4getting sometin here when your president left without notice for 90 days your national assembly was practically sleeping nobody was talking but when my dearly beloved sister and mother Mrs Dora was fed up with their lies and decided to speak out the so called stup.id dishonorable NA members with a northern tag on them raise from a dumb.ass meeting and called for her resignation becos the president is a northern and a muslim and my Dora is a christian, i dont really care what the saltan says i only blame zik for accepting the one 9gerian bull-shit cos if has never work and cannot in the next 100 years work
frankly speaking not becos am a Christian but sometimes i see Christianity as a way of life cos we always tolerate the unthinkable
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by Diamoney: 9:25am On Mar 12, 2010
Islam is known to be the religion of peace, but some make it the religion of pieces. Religion should not be added to crises, nor political crises, but you know Nigerians will always remain NIGERIANS. they are bias and sentimental. Any action taken is individual action and not be cause the person is a Muslim or christian.
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by yeswecan(m): 11:27am On Mar 12, 2010
Diamoney:

Islam is known to be the religion of peace, but some make it the religion of pieces. Religion should not be added to crises, nor political crises, but you know Nigerians will always remain NIGERIANS. they are bias and sentimental. Any action taken is individual action and not be cause the person is a Muslim or christian.

deception point . .  what religion of peace? why are you deceiving your self, your book ordains as a religious duty the murder of jews and none muslims . . i have read the quran and i can quote it if you want me to . . . ISLAM IS NO RELIGION OF PEACE that is a lie
Re: Sultan Condemns Calls For Sack Of Chief Of Army Staff by OmoOlorun: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2010
We will need to demolish the present structure we have in order to have a meaningful nation building. We need to destroy the hold of religion on our nation and politics, we need to destroy the establishment of traditional rulers, we need to remove state boundaries and move to local council level administration. We will thus save more on overhead costs and the people will better feel the impact of governance. We need to detribalize Nigeria, the present constitution that emphasizes state of origin needs to be revised to read your origin is where you live or have lived for a period of time etc. A complete uproot will do the job. Sack the emirs and obas, we do not need them, their opinion should mean nothing to Nigerians. They are ordinary citizens like the rest of us. Hence they will be unable to cause commotion in our country by linking calls for the discipline of an outright indiscipline Northern and Moslem General to religion. At the moment, Moslem youths in Sokoto have given the ethnic minorities and other religions apart from Islam ultimatum to vacate the state within 24 hours. I am not sure a democratic government can bring about this change we desperately need. We can live together as a nation if we break the structure down and rebuild.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola Declared Governor Of Osun State: Sahara Reporters / Pdp Youths Attack Pastors, Acn Candidate In Abia State At Christian Gathering / Don't Be A Weakling, Be Assertive - Prof Sagay To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.