Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,148 members, 7,890,873 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:40 PM

Neighbour Refuses To Pay PHCN Bill - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Neighbour Refuses To Pay PHCN Bill (463 Views)

My Neighbour Is Loud All The Time / Phcn Bill; Is This Correct Or Fraud? / Chinese Man Involved In Accident In Ghana Refuses Helpers To Hold His Money Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neighbour Refuses To Pay PHCN Bill by Chachangi: 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
A relative of mine rented an apartment in 2014 and met two neighbours in the premises.

For almost a year, she was always staying elsewhere and returning home just for the weekends.

She was religious with payment of bills presented to her by the two neighbours. (Note that the landlord doesn't stay in the house).

One day my relative asked for the PHCN bill just out of curiosity. The two neighbours kept passing the responsibility to produce the bill to each other . They did want her to see it.

She insisted and eventually after about two weeks one of them brought it out with a flimsy excuse for the delay .

My country people! " Lo and behold" , they were contributing 25% of the current bill each and had been making my person who was only home for weekends pay 50%.

Another revelation was that they had a debt of about N35k.

My relative queried the debt and they said it was the fellow that left my relative's apartment that incurred the debt (an apparent lie)

Fast forward- one of them was evicted . The flat was renovated and
It became two flats . So , two (2) new tenants came in. Making total number of tenants 4-

2 new tenants
1 old tenant
My relative (she they their middle �)

After consultations, the new people decided they'd only pay current bill and my relative agreed with them.

Now let me say she now stays at home more regularly .

NOW THE CRUX OF THE MATTER
This old tenant (he's a young married man)
has refused to pay PHCN bills for 3months now. When, he was challenged by the person in charge now. He said he is broke . Guess what- HE PUTS ON HIS GENERATOR EVERY EVENING FOR NOTHING LESS THAN 4HOURS whenever there is power outage (which is very frequent). Yet, he is not able to pay his portion of his electricity bill which is most times less than N1000 (One thousand naira)

Abeg, how person go do this one?
Re: Neighbour Refuses To Pay PHCN Bill by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Chachangi:
A relative of mine rented an apartment in 2014 and met two neighbours in the premises.

For almost a year, she was always staying elsewhere and returning home just for the weekends.

She was religious with payment of bills presented to her by the two neighbours. (Note that the landlord doesn't stay in the house).

One day my relative asked for the PHCN bill just out of curiosity. The two neighbours kept passing the responsibility to produce the bill to each other . They did want her to see it.

She insisted and eventually after about two weeks one of them brought it out with a flimsy excuse for the delay .

My country people! " Lo and behold" , they were contributing 25% of the current bill each and had been making my person who was only home for weekends pay 50%.

Another revelation was that they had a debt of about N35k.

My relative queried the debt and they said it was the fellow that left my relative's apartment that incurred the debt (an apparent lie)

Fast forward- one of them was evicted . The flat was renovated and
It became two flats . So , two (2) new tenants came in. Making total number of tenants 4-

2 new tenants
1 old tenant
My relative (she they their middle �)

After consultations, the new people decided they'd only pay current bill and my relative agreed with them.

Now let me say she now stays at home more regularly .

NOW THE CRUX OF THE MATTER
This old tenant (he's a young married man)
has refused to pay PHCN bills for 3months now. When, he was challenged by the person in charge now. He said he is broke . Guess what- HE PUTS ON HIS GENERATOR EVERY EVENING FOR NOTHING LESS THAN 4HOURS whenever there is power outage (which is very frequent). Yet, he is not able to pay his portion of his electricity bill which is most times less than N1000 (One thousand naira)

Abeg, how person go do this one?

an evidence that the unemployment level in Nigeria is really really going dangerous. op what is the meaning of ur post and what do u want nairalanders to make of if?

(1) (Reply)

5 Money Tips You Need To Learn Before You Clock 30 / Francesco Totti Believes Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In The World. / Ncc And Network Providers Sims Cards Registeration A Big Failure!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.