Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,564 members, 7,951,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Everything You Need To Know Concerning The West African Azawakh Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Everything You Need To Know Concerning The West African Azawakh Dog (731 Views)

Amazing Result Of My Sokoto Red Crossed By West African Dwarf (WAD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know Concerning The West African Azawakh Dog by WanyeKest: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
Okay, guys good day.
I was strolling through the estate and saw some slender greyhoundish type of dogs with some aboki guys
I was wondering how they got it cos these dogs were different from the normal ekuke we see. Then I had to conduct some local survey for me to find out the dogs were called AZAWAKHS.

Then I have to share the info with you all.

AZAWAKH HOUNDS

The Azawakh is a sighthound livestock guardian breed of dog from West Africa. It is also used as a hunting dog , though relegated to a secondary function due to the lack of game in the region. With ancient origins, it is raised throughout the Sahelian zone of Mali, Niger , and
Burkina Faso . This region includes the
Azawagh Valley for which the breed is named. While commonly associated with the nomadic Tuareg people, they are also bred and owned by other ethnic groups such as the Peulh , Bella , and
Hausa . The Azawakh is more related to the Sloughi than it is to the Saluki
Re: Everything You Need To Know Concerning The West African Azawakh Dog by WanyeKest: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
as here is the noble creature

(1) (Reply)

Cats In Water! Watch What Happens With The Cat, That Really Hates Water!))) / Very Affordable GSD Pups For Sale / If U Can Get Me A Baby Chimpanze...am Ready To Pay...a Male And A Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.