Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,397 members, 7,978,264 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:03 AM

Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? (1144 Views)

Would you Buy This 13hp Baby Bugatti For ₦11.1m ?The Price Of Brand New Kia Soul / This Japanese Robot Car,Earth-1,Can Fold & Park In Tight Spaces & It Costs £52k / American And Japanese Camry Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? by obamaverick: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pls I want to find out if the kiA soul can take any Japanese engine, and which ones. thank you.
Re: Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? by menstrualpad: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
obamaverick:
Pls I want to find out if the kiA soul can take any Japanese engine, and which ones. thank you.
Contact mazdaenginepart....

Cc
Nurey
Princetom1
Gazzuzz
Re: Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? by nurey(m): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
obamaverick:

when you remove an engine from a car, it is cheaper to fix the exact engine than fixing another type of engine except it is for research purpose. getting a different brand engine needs additional expenses in fixing

1. engine
2. Transmission
3. ECU
4. new drive shaft cause your stock shaft wont fit except you jomo jomo
5. engine seats will have to be rewelded so the new engine can sit down comfortable
6. Special wiring needs
7. additional fixes for peripherals like injector, alternator, stater etc

most people who do it abroad are actual car enthusiasts who know what needs to be done and take the challenge so cost is always minimal as the labour is done by the owner and friends who wish to see the project come to completion. They fix more expensive engine into their cars just to make it faster for bragging rights and pure fun.

In nigeria the reverse is the case as there is no standard so you can do a shady job and drive the car on the road putting lives and property in danger. they buy a 1980 engine with 100hp and fit into a car that came with standard easy components and has advanced electronics, they leave wires dangling, fuel lines hanging close to hot exhaust, aberration to be heard not seen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Kia Soul Take Any Japanese Engine? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
obamaverick:

you bought a soul without a soul cry

This case reminds me of the frankinstine monster creation. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bentley Mulsanne Grand Convertible Unveiled - Only 19 Will Be Produced (photos) / Sharp 06/07 Corolla For Sale PH Only. / Lamborghini Urus Is The Fastest SUV On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.