Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,869 members, 7,969,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:14 AM

Please I Need Help With C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need Help With C++ (1269 Views)

There's No Way To Measure Learning Progress With C++ Or Java / Help With C# Programming And Omnisharp. / E Commerce Site With C# Mvc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help With C++ by princehassan(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
Please am trying to compile a program using gcc but its giving me fatal error.i need help please drop me your facebook link let me add you asap pls
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
depending on the IDE you are using! but if your are using code::block IDE, save the source file with .cpp, delete the initial file that save with .c extension and build if there is no syntax error. it will run.
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
laskilala:
depending on the IDE you are using! but if your are using code::block IDE, save the source file with .cpp, delete the initial file that save with .c extension and build if there is no syntax error. it will run.
Wow. I am stunned by your advice. shocked
What in the name of Bjarne Stroustrup is this?
I really wish I had a horse whip to whop you throughout the weekend.. undecided

-----------------------------

...if there is no syntax error. it will run

I find this kinda cute... grin smiley
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lol you have to say what the error is, there's no way we can guess post it here if you want help, though I see whiz timm so you are in good hands.
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by WhiZTiM(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
laskilala:
Ok, coming off the horse now. Assuming the OP didn't post a very vague question, Compiler error's shouldn't depend on IDEs.
I suspect you may have had a problem using Codeblocks before, and you resolved that problem by doing what you prescribed to the OP; fine.

Codeblocks actually invokes your compiler toolchain using options from its "build system", or options specific to the active project. The invocation of the "gcc" or "g++" compiler is just an abstraction of the real deal. For GCC, calling "g++" or "gcc" doesn't do the compilation; those programs are known as "Compiler Drivers"; a different program does the compilation. For GCC, its another program called "cc1plus" that does the compilation for C++ programs.

The drivers are "somewhat" smart; they can invoke the appropriate language compiler simply examining the file extension. Hence I can write a c++ source file, save it as ".mp3" and compile it - however, the g++ compiler driver will be unable to deduce the target language, hence I will need to specify the language with the "-x" flag.

The drivers do other things apart from simply invoking the appropriate compiler.

----------------------

@OP
princehassan:
Please am trying to compile a program using gcc but its giving me fatal error.i need help please drop me your facebook link let me add you asap pls

1. You don't need anyone's Facebook to solve this problem... we are here for you. Ok?
2. What's the error? Can you post your build log?
3. Also post the source code for the program you are trying to compile. (I hope its really small)
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by BlueMagnificent(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2017
princehassan:

Are you for real?
Hello!! There are no magicians here. You'll need to paste at least the error message for us to know how to help out

Cheers
Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by HottestFire: 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2017

Don't ask me why I am laughing @OP.

grin grin

How will somebody solve a problem he doesn't even know.

Re: Please I Need Help With C++ by Elitecoderng: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
seriously? no screenshot, no source or hint? smh

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Tools For Ethical Hacking In 2018 / Just A Few Days Of Coding / Certified Ethical Hacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.