Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,225 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show (1776 Views)

The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday / Waje Congratulates Wizkid On His London Royal Albert Hall Sold Out. Fan Kicks / Wizkid Shades Davido At Royal Albert Hall, London: We Don't Want Any Funny Voice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by stane007: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Following viral report that Nigerian music star, Wizkid became the first African to sell out a show at the Royal Albert Hall in London, in an electrifying night with thousands of fans and fellow Nigerian artists Skepta and Tinie Tempah in attendance, it appears, however, that this information, may not have been completely true even though Royal Albert Hall sent out a tweet, sharing the historic news.

On Sunday, Twitter user, Mr. Aye Dee, pointed out that Wizkid is not actually the first African, or Nigerian artist for that matter, to sell out the famous hall, perhaps just the first since many of his younger fans can remember. According to him, Sade sold-out the auditorium back in 1993.

On October 2,The Royal Albert Hall, sent out a tweet, stating that they “may have got that wrong,” and named Miriam Makeba as another sold-out solo African headliner.

http://www.lailasblog.com/royal-albert-hall-admits-wizkid-not-first-african-sell-show-hall/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
He Should Calm His Nerves Down.
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bad belle people.. As long as Davido neva do am. i have no problem

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
and Davido b like.... shotan
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Papiikush: 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
KendrickAyomide:

David is busy touring around shutting down places in Africa and the USA. Instead of you to be praying for God to bless you to get to that stage at least, you are busy beefing Davido for no reason.

Shey they have no swear for your destiny like this? cry

2 Likes

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Papiikush:

David is busy touring around shutting down places in Africa and the USA. Instead of you to be praying for God to bless you to get to that stage at least, you are busy beefing Davido for no reason.

mumu e dey find savage response.. na "likes" spoil u like this so.. Lmao..

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
Papiikush:

you wey no dey beef what have you achieved?

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Papiikush: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
mumu e dey find savage response.. na "likes" spoil u like this so.. Lmao..

I am telling you the truth. You are thinking about likes.

Instead of you go pray about destiny snatchers. Shey won ti fi aye e gba paro ni? cry

2 Likes

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Papiikush:

I am telling you the truth. You are thinking about likes.

Instead of you go pray about destiny snatchers. Shey won ti fi aye e gba paro ni? cry
Smh

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Papiikush: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
you wey no dey beef what have you achieved?

Same question people who haven't achieved anything keeps asking. Guy should I give you my pastor's number? cry
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Same question people who haven't achieved anything keeps asking. Guy should I give you my pastor's number? cry
just checked your profile guy. you na bros, i no go fit curse you for real life so i no go curse you online .
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by internationalman(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
I still don't get what dis boy is doing that our past celeb haven't done b4..
someone that has not achieve a legendary status, his fans are comparing it with FELA.

Someone that his contemporary artistes have outdone musically recently..

Legendary status is not achieved simply by performing in a sold out concert or chilling with big celeb; but by great songs that impart 90% of the people positively.

2pac was never a celebrated Grammy Award winner but would u place him in the same category as Drake?.

The best artiste with best songs does not necessarily need to sell or win awards, but u would notice that after these so award winning songs and d singers have subsided, these artistes songs would still b played.

Ask urself will one dance or ontop ur matter or African bad girl be played 10 years from now?

Would u say bcoz korede bello song was among d top ten most viewed naija songs of all time on YouTube is better than 'e b like say' or 'fly' or 'go down there's or ' power of naija' by 2face?

Or would you say 'personally by p-square is among their top 5 best songs?

2 Likes

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by aysuprano(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
I don't have any problem with wizkid and his fans
But never compare the guy with baba fela
It's such an insult
You can't even compare Bob Marley with fela
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Richkid97(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
wizkid still the best
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by mayweather145: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
wetin consign davido for here now? Na so una dey take couse fight.
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
mayweather145:
lmao.. they are connected.. admit am or not.. wetin dey bring messi for Ronaldo argument?
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by KendrickAyomide: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
mayweather145:
lmao. Juneweather
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by yungmoney447(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Davido wey dey police station dey write down statement abt TAGBO..

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Papiikush: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
yungmoney447:
Davido wey dey police station dey write down statement abt TAGBO..
Tagbo ko, Agbo Jedi ni grin
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by babakb: 11:35pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kendrikayomide Abi wetin u call yourself, tell wizkid to drop hits like IF and FALL, before u compare him to Davido.

What! Did I hear someone said fela?
Even wizkid copies Fela's sound and lyrics, check jaiye jaiye and sweet love.
He copied Dr Dre's "nothing but a g thing" sound in Ojuelegba.
He also copied Bobby Valentino's slow down.

Wizkid is a copy cat, an average artist.
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
So, Sade Adu is Nigerian all of a sudden.undecided
She's as british as Dele Alli undecided

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2017
babakb:
Kendrikayomide Abi wetin u call yourself, tell wizkid to drop hits like IF and FALL, before u compare him to Davido.

While Davido is a serial song buyer undecided

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Effizy12(m): 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Sade is refers to as a British singer.bad belle people everywhere.
Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by Scailz(m): 12:14am On Oct 07, 2017
babakb:

Now homie hol' up, you started with dumb ass statement and ended with another one but here's the catch, you wouldn't know this coz you're a dumb ass and needed to be told.

1 Like

Re: Royal Albert Hall Admits Wizkid Is Not The First African To Sell Out Show by zeekeyboy: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Lalasticlacla!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Fans Criticize Tiwa Savage For Continuing To Perform Barefoot (photos) / Looks Like Tiwa Savage Is Getting Out Of Shape At Ukapisuastreetgroove! / Justin Bieber And Hailey Celebrate First Thanksgiving As Couple (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.