Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years (16058 Views)

Sade Adu's transitioning Lesbian Daughter: Before & After Photos / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) / Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by initiate: 8:26am On Mar 11, 2010
she makes good music but the videos are poor,

as an entertainer she is a legend, with her music cutting across generations, age groups, in particular i love cherish the day it so captivating

has she been able to keep a stable relationship, does anyone know abt her personal life?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by teireal(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2010
good to here she is back,
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by pussyboy: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2010
It's really amazing when I hear people say who is Sade Adu. Right from when I was young I started listening to her songs, sweetest taboo, No ordinary love, Smooth operator, by your side and now Soldier of love. What a love singer she is. Just picture her in KAROKE BARS.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by pussyboy: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2010
initiate:

as an entertainer she is a legend, with her music cutting across generations, age groups, in particular i love cherish the day it so captivating

has she been able to keep a stable relationship, does anyone know abt her personal life?

When u say poor videos just think of the year those videos were produced and stopping talking wrongly about a star. Her last drop of an album was ten years back. That is 1999 uh. Soldier of love(single) was released last year. I am very sure most of all those videos were before 1999. You can compare videos of Boys II Men, even MJ etc. And how many Nigerian artists had videos then, I don't mean stage performance videos but real videos. Think big.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Ignorance is bliss. , How in the world should I know her?
Is she like a mega star known all over the world. .
Please give me a break.

now muma gee thank we the elders of this thread for correcting your errors and taking the pains of giving our age long info on the legendary Sade Adu (not Beyounce plz). Then make Google your friend this weekend. U can get free mp3s, videos downloads and best of all mountain loads of information on Sade.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Bukittes(f): 9:28am On Mar 11, 2010
Hey, who doesnt know Sade is definitely a small child! What are u doing here on Nairaland with adults talking adult issues? Go home my dear and run errands for mummy!!!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by chidiosky2: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2010
ok
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by otukpo(f): 9:42am On Mar 11, 2010
Still beautiful.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by hafees: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2010
@ Muma G,  Its not a sin not to know an artist, she is not of your time. I actually grew up with Sade and i love her music. Well to enjoy her and to update urself (no ones knows it all) google her and download her songs.

@ At elders pls let the young woman be, we probably dont know some of the hip hop acts she knows know, every generation with their own peculiarity, help her out if you can.

Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 11, 2010
hafees:

@ Muma G,  Its not a sin not to know an artist, she is not of your time. I actually grew up with Sade and i love her music. Well to enjoy her and to update urself (no ones knows it all) google her and download her songs.

@ At elders pls let the young woman be, we probably dont know some of the hip hop acts she knows know, every generation with their own peculiarity, help her out if you can.

Mama pee's first comment was so arrogant that it has hate tone in it. I mean she was like "who da hell is she?" and then saying that wasn't her in the picture. So much hatred for someone you can't touch even if she was standing 2 inches from you and she doesn't even know some egotistical slowpoke exist in cyberspace. If you didn't know her, instead of ask politely who she is, you were arrogant and silly about it  as if not knowing her makes you cool or something undecided. She watches TV and post of men she sees on TV here makes me wonder which music channel doesn't play Sade's songs.

I doubt she knows any hip hop artist I don't know. Lil wayne? Does she know kool g rap, Chino xl, Smiff n wessun, Talib Kwali, Pharoah Monch? She is more the type that listen to music just to seem cool and fantasize about the rappers and other males she sees on TV (judging by her posts about her kind of men).
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Mar 11, 2010
Won't be surprised if she picks up a grammy next year.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by madlady(f): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2010
value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD9DPjn74Nw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"

@Poster I adore this Singer, class personified!!!!! "no ordinary love"  should be one of the all time classics.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by HAHAAAAA: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2010
initiate:

she is married to a spanish producer and has a lovely daughter.

aze:

now muma gee thank we the elders of this thread for correcting your errors and taking the pains of giving our age long info on the legendary Sade Adu (not Beyounce plz). Then make Google your friend this weekend. U can get free mp3s, videos downloads and best of all mountain loads of information on Sade.
mama-gee has always been a non-conformist on this forum.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Ajengogo(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2010
U guys shd just cut the crap. Is it a crime not to know Sade Adu. I have never heard of that name myself before. I am very sure those of u castigating that lady for not knowing her are probably from the same geographical setting. If she is so talented and popular as u guys are making us to believe, then list out her remote or immediate awards in the industry.

To Sade Adu, I welcome you. I am beginning to hear about you. I pray u make us proud by ur music and conducts. Cheers!!!!!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by DOAweb(m): 10:40am On Mar 11, 2010
shocked shocked OMG,  Time to change the name from mama-gee to younggirl-gee if you really and truly have no clue about Sade Adu or we are all simply too old for her  grin grin

Ajengogo:

U guys shd just cut the crap. Is it a crime not to know Sade Adu. I have never heard of that name myself before. I am very sure those of u castigating that lady for not knowing her are probably from the same geographical setting. If she is so talented and popular as u guys are making us to believe, then list out her remote or immediate awards in the industry.

To Sade Adu, I welcome you. I am beginning to hear about you. I pray u make us proud by your music and conducts. Cheers!!!!!

Think it might be you talking crap or just simply too young to know anything about her awards in the 80's and 90's
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2010
Ajengogo:

To Sade Adu, I welcome you. I am beginning to hear about you. I pray u make us proud by your music and conducts. Cheers!!!!!

Well her last album denied many artists grammy for two straight years for 2001 and 2002. She even won a grammy for the album in 2003. Are you same as mama gee? I'm young my self but I don't listen to music just to be cool like mama pee. I'm just 21 and I'm sure I wasn't born when Sade started her career. it was mama pee's first comment that made her a scape goat.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Iranoladun(f): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2010
Hooray!

Sade Adu is back!
wink
I love her music. She's so good.

Gonna get my own 'Soldier of Love' cool
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 11:01am On Mar 11, 2010
I'm not  big fan of Sade but at the same time I am appreciative and proud of her accomplishments as a Black British artist with a Nigerian background.

Here is more about her for those who don't know.

Helen Folasade Adu, OBE, (born 16 January 1959), better known as Sade (pronounced /ʃɑːˈdeɪ/ shah-DAY), is a Nigerian born, British singer-songwriter, composer, and record producer. She first achieved success in the 1980s as the frontwoman and lead vocalist of the popular Brit and Grammy Award winning English group, Sade.

Sade was born in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. Her middle name, Folasade, means honour confers your crown. Her parents, Bisi Adu, a Nigerian lecturer in economics of Yoruba background, and Anne Hayes, an English district nurse, met in London, married in 1955 and moved to Nigeria. Later, when the marriage ran into difficulties, Anne Hayes returned to England, taking four-year-old Sade and her older brother Banji to live with her parents. When Sade was 11, she moved to near Clacton-on-Sea with her mother, and after completing school, she moved to London and studied at the Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.

While at college, she joined a soul band, Pride, in which she sang backing vocals. Her solo performances of the song Smooth Operator attracted the attention of record companies and in 1983, she signed a solo deal with Epic Records taking three members of the band, Stuart Matthewman, Andrew Hale and Paul Denman, with her. Sade and her band produced the first of a string of hit albums, the debut album Diamond Life, in 1984, and have subsequently sold over 50 million albums. She is the most successful solo female artist in British history.

Info on her latest work

Soldier of Love is the sixth studio album by the English group Sade. It is their first album of original material since Lovers Rock (2000). The album was released worldwide on 8 February 2010 and in the United States on 9 February 2010. The first single "Soldier of Love" premiered on 8 December 2009 on the group's official website.

The album debuted at number four on the UK Albums Chart, becoming their highest debut since Stronger Than Pride (1988). It also debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 502,000 copies in the United States, making it Sade's first U.S. number-one debut. Upon its release, Soldier of Love received generally positive reviews from most music critics.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by DOAweb(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2010
EloSela:

I'm not  big fan of Sade but at the same time I am appreciative and proud of her accomplishments as a Black British artist with a Nigerian background.

Here is more about her for those who don't know.

Info on her latest work

Nice one girl - thanks for the history  wink
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by YD(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2010
i have longed for something from her for so long. she and nana mouskouri are the only female singers i listen to with genuine passion. timeless music i've never gotten tired of.
nice one.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by dankofa: 12:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
Good to know Sade is back. I remember however that there was one rich Hausa guy who said some years ago that he was not going to marry except he married Sade Adu. Is he married to her now? grin
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by igboboy1(m): 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
mama gee na village dey rear you?

Sade is an internationally acclaimed star no be beans

Its like asking who is whitney houston, even though i dont listen to neither of their songs cos i feel the generational gap and am a guy, i've known both of them since the 80's

get a grip
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
All of you dont blame mama gee.You dont know hert age nowwwwwwwww grin grin grin

I love Shade Adu's songs esp "smooth operator".
One of her younger sisters then was my classmate.Olambiwoninu was her name.She never came to nigeria whn her father brought the younger ones.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2010
igbo boy:

[size=14pt]mama gee na village dey rear you?

Sade is an internationally acclaimed star no be beans

Its like asking who is whitney houston, even though i dont listen to neither of their songs cos i feel the generational gap and am a guy, i've known both of them since the 80's

get a grip
[/size]
gud point my bros. We need to know our legends out there
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
nikkykay:

All of you dont blame mama gee.You dont know hert age nowwwwwwwww grin grin grin

I love Shade Adu's songs esp "smooth operator".
One of her younger sisters then was my classmate.Olambiwoninu was her name.She never came to nigeria whn her father brought the younger ones.

What sister?

Sade has only one other full sibling, a brother called Banji. Her father has not been in her life since she was 4 years old when she left for England with her mother after the marriage break-up. If Sade has any younger siblings then they are all in Nigeria and half ones from her father's side.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
downloaded two weeks ago
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by hackney(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
Musically speaking , Sade is the best Nigeria has ever had.
A hundred kudos to her.

"No ordinary love" is a timeless classic.
"Sweetest taboo" , the video , the vocal.

she's the very best.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by desthan(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
OMG!!!! sade is back. . . . she's my sweetest taboo la la la la la kiss kiss kiss kiss

Haters try and show some love/respect OK
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by tkb417(m): 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
wow
love her songs

"by ur side" and i think immigrants song or sumfn are ma favs

one of ma best artistes
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by VPG: 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
I think i need to start a thread "Roast Fest for Mama-gee for not knowing who Sade is" I take God Almighty beg una make una free the poor girl.
But Mama-gee u self, next time you go keep ya mouth shut until u know wetin de ground. No matter how smart or current you think you are there is always someone smarter out there that's why you listen first before u open ur mouth. To be honest I don't know sade for all she had accomplished but I do know her for her good music tho, especially Sweetest taboo. Thank you NL for the crash course on sade.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by VPG: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
@9jaganja You wicked o Walmart hoochie ke habahabahaba, @least give the chick Forever 21 or something in the middle abeg. WalMart is just too low dawg.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by supereagle(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2010
When my sister was abt five years old , she wanted to painting her face like Shade Adu . She is 25 now. I got to know abt her tru her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rihanna Pictured Kissing Beyonce? / Patoranking Pictured With Oba Tijani Adetunji. / MC Galaxy Subtly Shades Soundcity Over Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.