Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,453 members, 7,944,253 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

Between Best And Messi, Who Is The Better Player? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Best And Messi, Who Is The Better Player? (978 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / See How Fabregas And Messi Greeted Each Other After Chelsea Vs Barcelona Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Best And Messi, Who Is The Better Player? by GuidoVanRossum: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good afternoon gentlemen and ladies. I was just watching the footage of George Best and I saw a lot of similarities in his style and that of Messi. This prompt me to ask for your view on these two great football players the world has ever known.

To me, considering the weight of the football in the sixties, the condition of the pitch and a lot of other drawbacks from the footballing arenas of those days, me think Best would have make Messi look ordinary today.

While buzz (alchol) and birds (women) affected Best's career in an age where players discipline was not like we have it today, Messi has a stable personality on and off the pitch. Best, who was popular nicknamed El beatles has been severally described as the first football celebrity. This was said to affect his personalities so much as his fame got the best of him and made him into a perfectionist of some sort according to Duncan Hamilton.
Messi on the other hand came in an era with so much control and guidance of players' on and off pitch personalities.

I may be wrong, but I think Best would have been so successful that the like of Messi would look ordinary if he were to be born in this era.

Re: Between Best And Messi, Who Is The Better Player? by GuidoVanRossum: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
An online writer once said Best was everything Messi is and more. Watching some of his footages, I couldn't agree less. His dribbling skills, his stamina, and bravery were very glaring. At a point, I think Messi is almost a reincarnation of El beatles

(1) (Reply)

Issue In Withdrawing My Bet9ja Winning / Messi To Skip Argentina-nigeria Game / Argentina 2 Nigeria 4: Match Report And Highlights Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.