Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,072 members, 7,903,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 02:23 PM

Pregnant Traveller To The U.s - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pregnant Traveller To The U.s (54872 Views)

New Traveller To Lagos , Plz Help / First-time Traveller To The U.A.E. / Pregnant Traveller To Usa, Ir2 Visa Status, 7 Months Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 4:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
omiata:

that is my worry, though i have not tried it, any personal experience or law to support that? embarassed
since you are a permanent resident,it is assumed your wife will join you at some point in time,which means she has an immigrant intent.If she decides to travel to the US at this time,she will have to apply for an non immigrant visa,and under us laws,you have to prove your non immigrant intent before being issued a visa.so,it is assumed she intends to immigrate permanently to the US,under the pretext of a non immigrant visa.Your best bet is to wait until you become a citizen,which means she can join you immediately under the (immediate family category),and she would not have to join a waiting list.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by WAVixen: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2012
Gbenge 77:

since you are a permanent resident,it is assumed your wife will join you at some point in time,which means she has an immigrant intent.If she decides to travel to the US at this time,she will have to apply for an non immigrant visa,and under us laws,you have to prove your non immigrant intent before being issued a visa.so,it is assumed she intends to immigrate permanently to the US,under the pretext of a non immigrant visa.Your best bet is to wait until you become a citizen,which means she can join you immediately under the (immediate family category),and she would not have to join a waiting list.

Moving away from post, where at thou in Silver Spring Gbenge77??
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 8:51am On Jan 25, 2012
WAVixen:

Moving away from post, where at thou in Silver Spring Gbenge77??
lenox park,why
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by ojdollars(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
Gbenge77, Thank you for your positive contributions to other ppls posting on here. I want to ask you a question regarding settling down in the States, How can a person who enters the US with visiting visa have a residence or work permit? If you understand what I mean. Thanks, as I await your kind response.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
ojdollars:

Gbenge77, Thank you for your positive contributions to other ppls posting on here. I want to ask you a question regarding settling down in the States,  How can a person who enters the US with visiting visa have a residence or work permit? If you understand what I mean. Thanks, as I await your kind response.
a b1 visa(business)could be converted to an h1 b visa in which case an employer is able to file for you sixty days after entering the US.The USCIS might suspect foul play if the filing is done earlier. Of course you  are not able to secure work permit or permanent residence(green card) with a b2 visa(visitors) unless you get married to an American citizen.Even at that,you will have to hope that the INS dont ask the right questions.Clear?
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by WAVixen: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2012
Gbenge 77:

lenox park,why

We are neighbours, smiley Forest Glen.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by ojdollars(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2012
Gbenge 77:

a b1 visa(business)could be converted to an h1 b visa in which case an employer is able to file for you sixty days after entering the US.The USCIS might suspect foul play if the filing is done earlier. Of course you  are not able to secure work permit or permanent residence(green card) with a b2 visa(visitors) unless you get married to an American citizen.Even at that,you will have to hope that the INS don't ask the right questions.Clear?

@Gbenge77 thanks for your urgent reply, but they told me it was a B1/B2 Visa, and what do you mean by the INS asking the right Questions? You can drop me your email if it's not comfortable for you to write more about this on the forum here. Thanks Sir
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 5:36am On Jan 26, 2012
WAVixen:

We are neighbours, smiley Forest Glen.
ok
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 5:45am On Jan 26, 2012
ojdollars:

@Gbenge77 thanks for your urgent reply, but they told me it was a B1/B2 Visa, and what do you mean by the INS asking the right Questions? You can drop me your email if it's not comfortable for you to write more about this on the forum here. Thanks Sir
its generally issued as a b1/b2 visa,but at the port of entry,a cbp officer would class you into a b2 category.B1 is strictly a business related visa.Now,i already made it clear that you cant work with a B2,so,what are your plans?
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by ojdollars(m): 8:21am On Jan 26, 2012
Gbenge 77:

its generally issued as a b1/b2 visa,but at the port of entry,a cbp officer would class you into a b2 category.B1 is strictly a business related visa.Now,i already made it clear that you cant work with a B2,so,what are your plans?

@Gbenge77, thanks for expatiating more on this. I have pass the information across, but He already has a fiancee there shall, so hopefully that would help. Thanks for your time again.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Gbenge77(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2012
ojdollars:

@Gbenge77, thanks for expatiating more on this. I have pass the information across, but He already has a fiancee there shall, so hopefully that would help. Thanks for your time again.
if his fiancee is an American,she  should have filed a petition for a k1 visa on his behalf.see this link http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types-2994.html   .that  would enable them to get married within 90 days of arrival in the US
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by davidhoop: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
please can anyone fill me in on how much i need to have in my account before applying to the us embassy. plus history of my travel experience to uk and other european countries pose as an advantage? please advice .
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by sarahby: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2012
hello,
I'm pregnant 2 months and I expect my green card i filed the case in October and I'm pregnant? (my husband is resident in California) IS WHAT MY PREGNANCY IS A PROBLEM? IS WHAT IT IS AN OBSTACLE TO HAVE MY VISA? AND HOW TO IMMIGRATE WITH MY BABY? BIRTH AND WHAT I DO I WOULD MY VISA OR REVERSE
Thank you for your answers.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by babyspice: 7:54am On Dec 20, 2012
sarah by: hello,
I'm pregnant 2 months and I expect my green card i filed the case in October and I'm pregnant? (my husband is resident in California) IS WHAT MY PREGNANCY IS A PROBLEM? IS WHAT IT IS AN OBSTACLE TO HAVE MY VISA? AND HOW TO IMMIGRATE WITH MY BABY? BIRTH AND WHAT I DO I WOULD MY VISA OR REVERSE
Thank you for your answers.
First of all..... wow!! I sincerely don't understand your questions!!! but i guess you need to know how your pregnancy affects your immigrant visa petiton. i think you need to ask your questions on the US DIVERSITY VISA THREAD.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Nancy1888: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have latest information about having problems with b1/b2 visa renewal after having a baby in the USA before,

I intend to go there and have my first baby, I will be paying for all the bills and everything but am scared if this can prevent me from getting another visa or entering the states in the future..

Thanks
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by fatimj200: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
I came to the US to have my child, my stay expires in one month how do i get all my baby's paper on time so i can travel back with him? Does anybody have any advice for me. Another question, will I be able to travel back to the US after that?
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
fatimj200: I came to the US to have my child, my stay expires in one month how do i get all my baby's paper on time so i can travel back with him? Does anybody have any advice for me. Another question, will I be able to travel back to the US after that?

Ask people here https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Love300: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
First step is to fill out the birth certificate form in the hospital and also apply for Social Security Number (SSN)for your baby. Kindly let the hospital staff know you will need the birth certificate urgently. You should be able to pick up a copy of the Birth Certificate from the Office of the Vital Record in the state you gave birth after 5 working days of filling the form or less OR you wait for it in the post which can take about 2 weeks or more.

Step Two: Apply online for a Nigerian passport for your baby and get an appointment date ( I hear they now issue the passport same day as the appointment day). You can also call them to ask for an earlier appointment date.

Step Three: Call the USA Passport office to get an appointment date. ( You are only allowed to do this if you intend travelling in the next 2 weeks or so, you will will need to tell them that your baby is travelling out within the next 2 weeks to get an appointment date) They may request to see your return ticket. However, you will get a date a week or less after you call. You then go to their office with all the required documents, including your passport and the notarised consent form from your husband if his not with you). They will give your baby a passport within 1-3 days.
The other option is to apply by post for faster service.

Your Baby's SSN will be delivered after 2 weeks of birth.

But with your baby's Nigerian passport, you can leave before your visa expires. if you overstay, it will be an issue renewing your visa.

Now depending on which passport you receive first, if its the USA Passport, then you will need a Nigerian visa to get your baby into Nigeria. Again you best option is to call the Nigeria embassy and ask for an immediate appointment.

It would help if you are in a state or close to a state like DC and NY where we have both the Nigerian embassy and USA Passport office.

I hope this help.

fatimj200: I came to the US to have my child, my stay expires in one month how do i get all my baby's paper on time so i can travel back with him? Does anybody have any advice for me. Another question, will I be able to travel back to the US after that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Love300: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
First step is to fill out the birth certificate form in the hospital and also apply for Social Security Number (SSN)for your baby. Kindly let the hospital staff know you will need the birth certificate urgently. You should be able to pick up a copy of the Birth Certificate from the Office of the Vital Record in the state you gave birth after 5 working days of filling the form or less OR you wait for it in the post which can take about 2 weeks or more.

Step Two: Apply online for a Nigerian passport for your baby and get an appointment date ( I hear they now issue the passport same day as the appointment day). You can also call them to ask for an earlier appointment date.

Step Three: Call the USA Passport office to get an appointment date. ( You are only allowed to do this if you intend travelling in the next 2 weeks or so, you will will need to tell them that your baby is travelling out within the next 2 weeks to get an appointment date) They may request to see your return ticket. However, you will get a date a week or less after you call. You then go to their office with all the required documents, including your passport and the notarised consent form from your husband if his not with you). They will give your baby a passport within 1-3 days.
The other option is to apply by post for faster service.

Your Baby's SSN will be delivered after 2 weeks of birth.

But with your baby's Nigerian passport, you can leave before your visa expires. if you overstay, it will be an issue renewing your visa.

Now depending on which passport you receive first, if its the USA Passport, then you will need a Nigerian visa to get your baby into Nigeria. Again you best option is to call the Nigeria embassy and ask for an immediate appointment.

It would help if you are in a state or close to a state like DC and NY where we have both the Nigerian embassy and USA Passport office.

I hope this help.

Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Rexwoods: 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Please any idea on child birth cost in New Jersey?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by onogue(f): 1:29pm On May 29, 2015
Good day, been denied a b2 visa and then a b1/b2 visa in March and May consecutively. Denied at 1st cos i was nervous during the interview and under section 214b while i was denied the 2nd time because they recommend a wait period of 90days after 1st denial before you can reapply. My husband has a valid b1/b2, and my brother is currently a permanent resident in the us. I just discovered am 15weeks pregnant and intend going back to the embassy after 3months of my 2nd denial stating of my interest in having my baby in the us. I can afford d bills, got a good job in Nigeria so does my husband and have no intention in residing in the us. Please how can i proove all this to the visa officer? I really just want to have my first child in the us, that is all i want. Also, want to find out is my brother being a legal permenent resident reason for my denial? Will appreciate a swift response.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by niapaul: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
Oh well, many questions and talks and stuff on issues as such as giving birth abroad etc
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by dapconnect2: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Pls I need information on Wat am to expect at d point of entry for delivery my baby dia. Am 28 weeks old now....suppose to travel with husband but he is not around due to some travel but will definitely come n join me later in d year possibly b4 giving birth.
My issue is dat am planning to travel by 1st week in october...just want to know Wat I should plan towards. In terms of immigration n also low cost hospital to use with dia fees. Got someone in maryland to house me
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by abami15: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2015
Contrary to some comments on this thread regarding not showing details of payments and cash where payments have not been made, you could get turned back where more than half of the payments has not been made and the balance should be evident in cash. Two days ago, 20 women were returned from Houston and am sure it had nothing to do with payments. Houston port of entry is notorious for such, unlike other states, probably because it experiences more traffic and cost of birth is cheaper. They can be very nasty at the airport but you need to keep your cool and not blow your top. A lot has changed and beginning to feel they want to reduce the influx.make sure you hold the complete payment or balance of payment in cash, I can assure you, they count the money most times. They are so concerned about zero balance and would not want you to be a public charge.
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by dere5: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Pls find bellow a more current and up to date thread. https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure. You will find a lot of detailed discussion here
Re: Pregnant Traveller To The U.s by Knetpro(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2023
This is a great post.

Thanks for sharing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Mother Of 4 Falls & Dies In A Septic Tank While Walking Through It (Pix) / Photos: See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport! / Nigeria’s First Ever High-speed Rail Is Finally Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.