Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. (756 Views)

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Jehovah’s Witnesses To Apparently Cease Publication Of Their Annual Yearbook … / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by mikeolu1: 12:17am On Oct 08, 2017
There is no more increase.
Except in the number of those partaking of the emblem.

The governing body is the most dishonest group of men religion has produced in recent time.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by ghettowriter(m): 12:47am On Oct 08, 2017
I miss their 'Awake' tho....

I used to read almost all Awake magazines published in every given year. Now, I hardly see any new copy...what's gone wrong?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by rottennaija(m): 6:51am On Oct 08, 2017
Shey we talk am? At least for more than a year we knew this I was what would happen.

Memorial partakers increases, dwindling growth. Cart witnessing where a publisher can stand or sit as the case may be from morning till evening without actually doing much but will have hours and possibly placement to report.

All these were clear indications that the organization was trying to stem the decline. When they published information in the about us section if their website, they can as well doctored the information anytime any day.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by mikeolu1: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
ghettowriter:
I miss their 'Awake' tho....

I used to read almost all Awake magazines published in every given year. Now, I hardly see any new copy...what's gone wrong?
Many people did.
1 reason for the decline of publication of awake was the incoming of the internet. Many now get scientific info from the www.
2nd reason for the general decline of the Jehovah's witnesses is also indirectly related to the internet. Doctrinal changes by the leaders that can't be supported by any bible verses. Rank and file Jehovah's witnesses can now discuss and criticize on social media without the fear of being found out and punished. The number of internet discussion site is growing with one having close to 15,000 members. https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/
Jehovah's witnesses have moved so far to the right of most cult organizations there are. Members are punished for asking questions or disagreeing. They are disfellowhiped and shunned by even their family members. Going to university is considered lack of faith, accepting or donating blood is a punishable offense, you are considered a bad Christian if you join any sport or sporting organization. Participating in political process is punishable offense etc etc. Many Jehovah's witnesses want to disagree but are quickly aware of the cost of disagreeing. So the rise of dissenting voice on the social media.

Time will tell what will be the fate of this once very good religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by mikeolu1: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
rottennaija:
Shey we talk am? At least for more than a year we knew this I was what would happen.

Memorial partakers increases, dwindling growth. Cart witnessing where a publisher can stand or sit as the case may be from morning till evening without actually doing much but will have hours and possibly placement to report.

All these were clear indications that the organization was trying to stem the decline. When they published information in the about us section if their website, they can as well doctored the information anytime any day.
It is very clear from all the changes that they have moved far from the Bible.
They are just imposing loads on rank and file. Where I live, field ministry is now just a charade since almost on daily basis, there is court cases involving child molestiing elders and the bethel has to cough out millions of $ in many cases.
The population at large know all this about Jehovah's witnesses. Guess who is not aware of these cases, yes, Many rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's such a sad state of affairs now if you compare now with about 15-20 years ago. There is publishers decline even in Japan!
Africa seem to be the only shining spot, for obvious reasons. But African countries don't contribute money. So..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Yearbook Discontinued. by mikeolu1: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
New letters and "local need" aimed to ask for money coming soon

Dream: I Picked An Abandoned, Talking Baby / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 27/10/17 / Catholic Priests Are Also Flamboyant Like Pentecostal Pastors.