Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:07 PM

Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed (2481 Views)

U.S. Reveals Identities Of 6 Nigerian Nationals Who Stole $6 Million / Heartbreaking Photos Of The 55 People Killed In The Kasuwa Magani Riot In Kaduna / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:

as usual, no reasonable reasons to defend his paymaster.

Na to dey jump up and down like a female kangaroo on heat.
Get a life.

[/s]

Gutter manners won't help you comprehend anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2017
FrankGiel:
incorrect! 26Bn dollars was approved by the FEc of which kachikwu is a part of.. his major grievance is, he should have been briefed before reaching the FEC.. But NNPC clause governing contracts doesn't support his claim. #NowUknow

how do you guys come up with these lies?

approved at FEC & Kachukwu did not say anything at the meeting?

mind you, Kachukwu as the Minister of State for Petroleum & statutory member of the FEC, would be the one to present such proposal at the meeting.

you chaps should ease up on the lies please...
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 8:46am On Oct 08, 2017
vedaxcool:

No manner can't help you understand what life entails to be responsible!

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 8:59am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:
No manner can't help you understand what life entails to be responsible!
[/s]

grin grin grin You are a pained loser who cannot stand being trained on basic comprehension skills. A man-child cannot be thought how to take correction. Such s shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin You are a pained loser who cannot stand being trained on basic comprehension skills. A man-child cannot be thought how to take correction. Such s shame.
A sore loser and a shameless peanut earner from asslicking the politicians.

Get a life boy!
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Aphrygian(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:

Get a life boy!
oga leave that low life, when we were campaigning for them we were not supporters of corruption buh now that we have seen they have nothing to offer we are now supporters of corruption. Let him go through my posts on nairaland may be he might discover his folly
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
Aphrygian:
oga leave that low life, when we were campaigning for them we were not supporters of corruption buh now that we have seen they have nothing to offer we are now supporters of corruption. Let him go through my posts on nairaland may be he might discover his folly
thanks jare bro.

It is high time we started schooling them.

The id¡ot thinks the stipends that drops from these politicians are make life revolves round.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 9:23am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
Tolexander:

Get a life boy!
[/s]

like beggar willing to make senseless comments that reflects inability to process simple statements all because you seek useless likes from your co-insanist . I wonder whether all the likes you recieved has made the hellhole you put yourself in any kess hellish? Here:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2017
[s]
vedaxcool:

like beggar willing to make senseless comments that reflects inability to process simple statements all because you seek useless likes from your co-insanist . I wonder whether all the likes you recieved has made the hellhole you put yourself in any kess hellish? Here:
[/s]Like or no like, I am still happy with myself, catching fun.
And not having to lie low, under the tables and chairs of politicians for the pieces of bread falling down as my daily bread.

So binary and programmed a thing not to have a mind of his own, unless what input the paymaster pumped into it to voice out like a holeless recorder, with no self modifier.

Get a life boy!
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Sure, I will get it.

How do I get the specifications of this watch?

I mean, the exact specifications, so that I don't end up with something else.

But not in two weeks oh! Planing to land Nov ending.

However, I have searched for Porsch design wristwatch, this is the only thing I have seen close to that and from the price, I could infer is not an acceptable alternative ~ too cheap (my guess though).

So I need exact specification.

It's alright. Will do my research and get back to you.

I'd make sure a couple of persons on the forum develop heart complications the day I take possession of it. grin
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by LionDeLeo: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

I'd make sure a couple of persons on the forum develop heart complications the day I take possession of it. grin

grin grin grin

I'm as sure as I breath I will getting it.

Just let me have the spec
CC
Omenka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
[s][/s]Like or no like, I am still happy with myself, catching fun.
And not having to lie low, under the tables and chairs of politicians for the pieces of bread falling down as my daily bread.

So binary and programmed a thing not to have a mind of his own, unless what input the paymaster pumped into it to voice out like a holeless recorder, with no self modifier.

Get a life boy!
Baba, make una behave unaselves naw. Shoo! sad
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2017
vedaxcool:

Guy, y'all should take a deep breath and calm down. It's not gotten to this. We can always disagree with maturity. wink
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by potipher7: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:

you see the reason why I call you an adukid
just like a typical kid he thinks someone gives a fork about his luxury

what a behavior from a sad old man grin
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:
Baba, make una behave unaselves naw. Shoo! sad
Hope you are not trying to take side?

Cos I do not understand why you would not also warn that brat that started it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by omenka(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
Hope you are not trying to take side?

Cos I do not understand why you would not also warn that brat that started it.
Come on. Why should i take sides? I did mention him too.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by Tolexander: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:
Come on. Why should i take sides? I did mention him too.
OK!

Cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by obyrich(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
thanks jare bro.

It is high time we started schooling them.

The id¡ot thinks the stipends that drops from these politicians are make life revolves round.

You are a patriot. Don't mind them. Politicians are no friends of the masses. They trade their conscience for the lucre. One day monkey go go market e no go return. Their cup will fill to the brim and run over one day.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2017
deleted
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by vedaxcool(m): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:
Guy, y'all should take a deep breath and calm down. It's not gotten to this. We can always disagree with maturity. wink

k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by cmt1(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2017
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by cmt1(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2017
omenka:
No one said it's missing. Kachikwu never said that. He only said contracts amounting to that were awarded without consulting him.

Wike et al are just trying to gain some cheap political traction by muddling facts up.

Meanwhile, LionDeLeo, you've got two weeks to fulfill your pledge. I just remembered sef. Found something I like. grin

Thank you Omenka for always educating gullible Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
ivandragon:

how do you guys come up with these lies?

approved at FEC & Kachukwu did not say anything at the meeting?

mind you, Kachukwu as the Minister of State for Petroleum & statutory member of the FEC, would be the one to present such proposal at the meeting.

you chaps should ease up on the lies please...
Wrong bruv!
Pls re-read the clause.. Its not the responsibility of the minister of state... Take time to read the clause..There is clearly a clash of egos between Kachikwu and Baru. Bari might be corrupt, but kachikwu isn't accusing Baru of corruption but insurbodination.. Baru feels he doesn't need to report to the minister of state but the substantive minister of which is Buhari.. Buhari is the one causing the confusion.. He needs to resign as petroleum minister and let kachikwu run it as the minster. Simple.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
FrankGiel:

Wrong bruv!
Pls re-read the clause.. Its not the responsibility of the minister of state... Take time to read the clause..There is clearly a clash of egos between Kachikwu and Baru. Bari might be corrupt, but kachikwu isn't accusing Baru of corruption but insurbodination.. Baru feels he doesn't need to report to the minister of state but the substantive minister of which is Buhari.. Buhari is the one causing the confusion.. He needs to resign as petroleum minister and let kachikwu run it as the minster. Simple.

at which of the FEC meetings was the matter presented?

why would Kachukwu raise the issue if he is aware that the matter was presented at the FEC & PMB approved?

on the clash of egos, that's a different matter & its nothing new in politics.

when PMB did is what OBJ did, make himself head of the cash cow ministry & run things in secrecy, Kachukwu is just ensuring that when the shit hits the fan, he won't be made a scape goat...
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
ivandragon:

at which of the FEC meetings was the matter presented?

why would Kachukwu raise the issue if he is aware that the matter was presented at the FEC & PMB approved?

on the clash of egos, that's a different matter & its nothing new in politics.

when PMB did is what OBJ did, make himself head of the cash cow ministry & run things in secrecy, Kachukwu is just ensuring that when the shit hits the fan, he won't be made a scape goat...
He raised the issue because he feels it should have passed through him first before getting anywhere for approval! He has clearly been sidelined. And this is clearly the fault of PMB.. Abba kyari is clearly the Minister of Petroleum!.. PMB whether intentionally or unintentionally has caused a vacuum.
But to say Baru mismanaged $26 billion is not correct. The clause in place doesn't manadate Baru to consult the minister of state. Kachikwu acknowledged that each time he complains, Baru says he has informed the Minster of Petroleum.. Let's be more open in accusations
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 4:26am On Oct 09, 2017
FrankGiel:

He raised the issue because he feels it should have passed through him first before getting anywhere for approval! He has clearly been sidelined. And this is clearly the fault of PMB.. Abba kyari is clearly the Minister of Petroleum!.. PMB whether intentionally or unintentionally has caused a vacuum.
But to say Baru mismanaged $26 billion is not correct. The clause in place doesn't manadate Baru to consult the minister of state. Kachikwu acknowledged that each time he complains, Baru says he has informed the Minster of Petroleum.. Let's be more open in accusations

you haven't answered my question...

at which FEC meeting was it approved? why didn't Kachukwu refer to that meeting?

as for money being mismanaged, time will tell. even Dasuki got approvals from the appropriate head. Deziani actually awarded contracts which were executed.

& believe me, Kachukwu would not have raised the matter if he didn't know something was fishy.

that is how $4b got missing within the first 6 months of this regime & they just swept the matter under the carpet.

let's continue to watch...
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
ivandragon:

you haven't answered my question...

at which FEC meeting was it approved? why didn't Kachukwu refer to that meeting?

as for money being mismanaged, time will tell. even Dasuki got approvals from the appropriate head. Deziani actually awarded contracts which were executed.

& believe me, Kachukwu would not have raised the matter if he didn't know something was fishy.

that is how $4b got missing within the first 6 months of this regime & they just swept the matter under the carpet.

let's continue to watch...
Responding, Dr. Baru dismissed the allegations of award of contracts without regard to due process as unfounded and unfortunate. He explained that as a former chairman of the NNPC Anti-Corruption Committee, he would be the last person to breach the procurement process by disregarding extant laws and rules.

The GMD said both the NNPC Act and Public Procurement Act vested procurement powers on the NNPC Tenders Board, the President and the Federal Executive Council (FEC) depending on the cost threshold, stressing that the NNPC Board had no role whatsoever in the process.

“I know for those of you who are following what we are doing here, you know that there’s no money lost and no process has been breached. Our contracting process is perfect and we will continue to follow the process. The NNPC Board has no role, I repeat, has no role as far as the contracting process is concerned”, Dr. Baru emphasized, adding that the NNPC Tenders Board was made up of the GMD as Chairman and the Group Executive Directors as members.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 4:57am On Oct 10, 2017
FrankGiel:

Responding, Dr. Baru dismissed the allegations of award of contracts without regard to due process as unfounded and unfortunate. He explained that as a former chairman of the NNPC Anti-Corruption Committee, he would be the last person to breach the procurement process by disregarding extant laws and rules.

The GMD said both the NNPC Act and Public Procurement Act vested procurement powers on the NNPC Tenders Board, the President and the Federal Executive Council (FEC) depending on the cost threshold, stressing that the NNPC Board had no role whatsoever in the process.

“I know for those of you who are following what we are doing here, you know that there’s no money lost and no process has been breached. Our contracting process is perfect and we will continue to follow the process. The NNPC Board has no role, I repeat, has no role as far as the contracting process is concerned”, Dr. Baru emphasized, adding that the NNPC Tenders Board was made up of the GMD as Chairman and the Group Executive Directors as members.

lol.

what were you expecting Baru to say?

90% of the funds looted in Nigeria supposedly passes through due process. even majority the so called $2b arms deal passed through due process. didn't Dasuki provide names & evidence that contracts were awarded & delivered?

which of the GEDs can challenge Baru?

my fellow nairalander, the fact is that a standard has been set by this regime that makes everyone guilty once an allegation has been raised.

a number of people tried to point out the error of this styke of pronouncing a person guilty without proper trial, but they were shouted down & called lovers of corruption...

so that 'culture' has been imbibed & it is a little too late to shift the goal post at this time.

bottom line?

$26b worth of fraudulent contracts were awarded by this regime. full stop.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by princeade86(m): 5:41am On Oct 10, 2017
pls name them, follow dem, arrest them, sue dem, collect our money and finally, jail dem. simple. stop media trial
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 6:59am On Oct 10, 2017
ivandragon:

lol.

what were you expecting Baru to say?

90% of the funds looted in Nigeria supposedly passes through due process. even majority the so called $2b arms deal passed through due process. didn't Dasuki provide names & evidence that contracts were awarded & delivered?

which of the GEDs can challenge Baru?

my fellow nairalander, the fact is that a standard has been set by this regime that makes everyone guilty once an allegation has been raised.

a number of people tried to point out the error of this styke of pronouncing a person guilty without proper trial, but they were shouted down & called lovers of corruption...

so that 'culture' has been imbibed & it is a little too late to shift the goal post at this time.

bottom line?

$26b worth of fraudulent contracts were awarded by this regime. full stop.
Kachikwu laid allegations, we called Baru corrupt.
Baru has intelligently defended himself, yet we still refuse to listen.. Why do u take Kachikwus word over Baru if not that it gives u joy to say Baru is a thief regardless..
Dasuki breached due process and evidently so. Il

Its obvious u are clearly biased
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by ivandragon: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
FrankGiel:

Kachikwu laid allegations, we called Baru corrupt.
Baru has intelligently defended himself, yet we still refuse to listen.. Why do u take Kachikwus word over Baru if not that it gives u joy to say Baru is a thief regardless..
Dasuki breached due process and evidently so. Il

Its obvious u are clearly biased

lol.

please take your twisted story somewhere else.

go & read Deziani's defence.

let them allow Dasuki to speak in public to defend himself.

they started a 'breeze' despite sane people telling them to blow gently... well, now, they are going to reap a whirlwind.

when Sanusi raised issues about $20b missing, didn't Deziani defend herself?

didn't world class audit firms audit the NNPC & find out that it was just a reconciliation of less than $1.5b that had to be made?

yet, to you 'unbiased' folks, you insisted $20b was missing...

well, its touché...

lol.
Re: Corruption: 55 People Stole $6.2bn – Lai Mohammed by FrankGiel: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
ivandragon:

lol.

please take your twisted story somewhere else.

go & read Deziani's defence.

let them allow Dasuki to speak in public to defend himself.

they started a 'breeze' despite sane people telling them to blow gently... well, now, they are going to reap a whirlwind.

when Sanusi raised issues about $20b missing, didn't Deziani defend herself?

didn't world class audit firms audit the NNPC & find out that it was just a reconciliation of less than $1.5b that had to be made?

yet, to you 'unbiased' folks, you insisted $20b was missing...

well, its touché...

lol.
No where was Baru accused of stealing funds.. No where did Kachikwu claim money was missing.. But if it makes you sleep better at night, u can believe what will make u sleep.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See 'Magic' Of El-rufai's Electronic Voting In Kaduna LG Elections / You Betrayed Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Odigie-oyegun; Fayose Replies Oshiomhole / R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.