Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations (1177 Views)

Which Filling Station Sells Good Petrol In Your Area? / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / Smart ForTwo Explodes After Owner Accidentally Fills Air Intake With Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations by ydy17: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2017
I saw a post on previous post on nairaland stating that some petrol stations cheat customers by mixing their petrol with naphtha so I have a question to automobile experts in the house.
Does this fuel adulteration(mixing naphtha with petrol) affect car engines and also engines of power generators?
Re: Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations by whitebeard(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2017
No I think it gives the machine the Mich needed extra boost

1 Like

Re: Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations by mayor2013: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2017
Do it to the detriment of your car

1 Like

Re: Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations by ydy17: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
whitebeard:
No I think it gives the machine the Mich needed extra boost

OK..thank you. How abt using naphtha to power generator without mixing it with petrol? does it affect the engine of the generator?
because I believe these petrol stations can go that far

(1) (Reply)

Kia Auto Mechanic / See How Mercedes Benz Has Evolved (picture) / Very Clean Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.