Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. (487 Views)

SOLVE THIS PARADOX: If God Is Merciful And Forgiving Why Can't He Forgive Satan / Will God Still Punish A Sinner After Forgiving Him? / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by HeOrShe: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Please let's say I sinned, probably I committed adultery and after I regretted my actions and prayed for forgiveness with open heart and promised God never to go back to my sins again and with all faith I believed God forgive me.
If in time to come and something happened and I knowingly or unknowingly committed another adultery; and God decided to punish me. Will he remember my past sin or will he punish me on mg recent sin?
If I asked for forgiveness, will God forgive me again?
Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by amnesty7: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2017
While God does not forget (forgetfulness in its human sense, just like hunger, sleep, procreation, and any other animal characteristics), what is bygone is bygone. You have fulfilled the conditions: 1. Regret
2. Seeking forgiveness
3. Sincere intent against relapse.
4. Doing something righteous afterwards
Hopefully God has forgiven .
This is what we are taught in Islam since your question isn't specific to a particular religion.

1 Like

Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by MhizzAJ(f): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2017
I don't think God remembers our past sins
He forgives and forgets

He's always in d business of forgiving nah

2 Likes

Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by Lyord69(m): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't think God remembers our past sins
He forgives and forgets

He's always in d business of forgiving nah
Babe ... Happy Sunday to you ...
Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by Sleekydee(m): 8:21am On Oct 08, 2017
HeOrShe:
Please let's say I sinned, probably I committed adultery and after I regretted my actions and prayed for forgiveness with open heart and promised God never to go back to my sins again and with all faith I believed God forgive me.
If in time to come and something happened and I knowingly or unknowingly committed another adultery; and God decided to punish me. Will he remember my past sin or will he punish me on mg recent sin?
If I asked for forgiveness, will God forgive me again?

wen God forgives, ur sin is thrown in d sea of forgetfulness. u bcom renew, as long as u stay on d righteous path, none of ur past will b remembered.. its even as tho u never did them in d first place.
Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by An2elect2(f): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2017
Firstly you do know we are saved by grace and not because we are "sinless"?
For those who are saved by grace through faith know that there is only one sacrifice for all your sins, which is the death of Christ on the cross. When Christ died on the cross all your sins were future sins but the blood of Christ was effectual enough to pay for all of it. All your sins(including the ones not committed yet) are a past issue. God cannot punish you again for what He has punished Christ for if not Christ died in vain.

Genuinely saved Christians have two natures now: The old man and the Spirit man. There is always going to be a struggle with this two natures until we put away this body. Romans 7. One nature does only wrong the other only good. From time to time we fall into sin but we don't practice sin as a lifestyle because we are no longer bound to our old nature but to righteousness.
Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by MhizzAJ(f): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2017
Lyord69:

Babe ... Happy Sunday to you ...

Happy Sunday to u too
Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by enilove(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2017
Shall we continue in sin and expect the grace of God to abound?

This is the word of God:

Ezekiel 33:11-16 KJV
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God , I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? [12] Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth. [13] When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it. [14] Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; [15] If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die. [16] None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

That is why we have grace to ask for forgiveness and remain perfect as our Lord Jesus is perfect. Old sins or new sin, it is the same judgement , "depart you workers of iniquity".

1 Like

Re: After Forgiving U.. Can God Remember Ur Sins Again. by OtemAtum: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2017
God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh and Allah, doesn't even take offence in whatever we do in the first place, so I see no reason why forgiveness should come to the issue of God.
We human beings are the ones who need to forgive one another whenever we offend one another.

BTW, there are some offence you will commit against the unforgiving spirit holy spirit of Yahweh that he will never forgive you for it.

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis auctions $237,000 White Lamborghini Huracan car gift (picture) / Minister Sparks Outrage By Asking People To Pray For Prince George Of UK 2B GAY / Please How Can Someone Establish A Strong Relationship With God ?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.