Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,467 members, 7,917,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:37 AM

An Analysis Of Tithing By Calculator123 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Analysis Of Tithing By Calculator123 (408 Views)

The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / The Matter Of Tithing: My Personal Encounter With The Bible / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Analysis Of Tithing By Calculator123 by calculator123(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tithing is the act of paying 1/10th or 10% of your proceeds to God. As an individual, you could decide to give more but not less.

According to Malachi 3 : 10 which says
"Bring ye all tithe into the store house,that there may be meat in my house,and prove now herewith saith the lord of host,if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour out blessing,that there shall not be room to receive it".

Take note of the word there STORE-HOUSE which most Christians would interpret meaning CHURCH but I ask, is the church the building or the magnificent edifices we see ? or is it the people themselves?

I am writing this just to see a justification as to why we can pay our tithes to the less privilege ( isn't this the same as giving alms? ) or continue bringing it to the church as usual. Would the blessings be different?

Left for me , I would prefer putting a smile on people faces rather than giving it to the church...

I need answers

2 Likes

Re: An Analysis Of Tithing By Calculator123 by menxer: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
How could a spiritual being demand for material things from man.

The concept and practice of tithing is the device of men to live parasitically off of other people, who are either ignorant of the nature of "God" or are cowed into it.

Unless we are saying the God that demands for tithe is a material being that needs material things for sustenance.

3 Likes

Re: An Analysis Of Tithing By Calculator123 by OtemAtum: 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tithe is a fraudulent concept as we can see today. If you want to help people, use your so called tithe to help them rather than putting it in the potbelly of thieves called pastors.

God Almighty, the creator of Yahweh didn't give any command regarding tithing. Rather, the three golden rules are:

Use your brain
Worship no god
Do good to humanity

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Islamic Council - We Tolerated Christianization But CAN Is Pa / Get Free Designs And Logo For Your Programs / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 16/10/2017) Practical Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.