Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,942 members, 7,922,328 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:07 AM

Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. (720 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / I Need A Site Where I Can Sell My Goods / Please Preview This Chat Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by proproman(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2010
Just did some work on this website. It's far from finished but I would appreciate constructive criticism at this point so i can proceed well. Please be constructive. Take your time to browse through the site. If possible, register and make use of some membership features (which are the highlights of the site) and make comments here.

Here's a link to the site:http://www.fanslounge.cz.cc . I'll use .com domain after the site is completed.

Thanks to all who contribute positively.

(p.s, don't view this site on internet explorer 6. Doesn't render well on that browser. Renders ok on other browsers)
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
The site takes too long to open.

Can't place if its cause of the .cc or na the contents.
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by proproman(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
It's the cc
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
heya. But i got go see few before i closed the site. It is good in looks and looks proffesional.
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by william5: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
Your dropdown menu doesn't show completely. It is blocked by the flash video.
Apart from that, you need a more striking logo.

The rest is a-ok! cool
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by BidzaMoyo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ proproman

GOOD POINTS;
I like the idea and with the world cup coming up you might be onto a winner.
Very good colour scheme. The black makes your site stand out.
Good niche market, just looking at your domain name I kinda know what your site is about.

POINTS TO CONSIDER;
You need to collect user info, include a "sign up for a newsletter" form. Great way to gather data for email marketing.
I am not sure about the picture on the right side on your homepage. Seems random and does not relate to your content.
The last point I will make is this that you registered a free domain name. Whilst there are benefits of free domain names the costs are greater.

Consider the following disadvantages of free domain names,
1) Most search engines will not index free domain names
2) Users may perceive site as less inferior to its .com and .net counterparts.
3) Having a free domain name may also means that the server provider will place adverts on your site and you do not get revenue from adverts placed on your site.
4) Free domain name registrars may discontinue their services without warning
5) Because website design is template based this might limit creativity
6) Limited or no support offered
7) Limited features, for example, you might not get email, spam protection, cpanel

So you might want to think long and hard about registering a .com - I personally believe that is the way to go.

And because I am a kind hearted guy I did some research for you fanslounge.com is available to register!

Otherwise great effort!
Re: Please Preview A Site: Fanslounge. by proproman(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
@Bidza, thanks a million. I will register a .com domain name shortly. That has been my plan all along. I'm just using the free domain for testing purposes. As soon as the site is done, i'll register a full domain name. Thanks again for helping me check the domain names availabilty. You really are a kind hearted guy! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dhtml,dualcore,: And Fellow Web Designers / Googe Launches Mail Motion - This Is Great! / Get A Premuim Domain At No Cost - Just Register And No Money Required.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.