Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,139 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:55 AM

Letter To My Unborn Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Unborn Son (471 Views)

I Almost Sold My TV To Raise Funds For The Delivery Of My Unborn Baby. / Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / I Want To Sell My Unborn Baby For Adoption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Unborn Son by LordsBattleAxe(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dear Son,
Today, I gained a new perspective on life; save money and money will save you. The events of this morning will forever be stuck in mind. I got a call from an old friend this morning, and it will probably be the longest call of my life, even though, it lasted for just 10 minutes. It was a call about the demise of our mutual friend, Tony.

Tony wasn't just a friend, he was more of a brother. We met in college, and immediately hit it off. Yes, college was fun, and it was filled with dreams and ambitions for a better tomorrow. Then, we had little care for our finances saving money, since most of our needs were catered for by our parents. After college, the real struggle began - from shuffling from one company to the other in search of high paying jobs. After a while, we got our first real job - with lots of bonus packages.

Son, let me give you this financial advice: when you receive that first huge paycheck, there'll be an urge to enjoy and purchase things that are not important. You will feel the urge to get the latest gadgets, even though you still have a functional one. Dear Son, when this time comes, I want you to take a step back and re-evaluate your finances, and save some part for the rainy days.

So, back to Tony. He was able to climb the career ladder at a very fast rate, but he never took the time to step back and save for rainy days. Those first few years were very good for Tony; the financial package was huge, and he had the top floor office all to himself.

Tony was the type of guy that never listened to financial advice. He had an habit of buying things on impulse; from latest car to the best gadgets available. After some years, the company started downsizing. As you must have guessed, Tony was the first executive to be laid off. Few months later, his finances came tumbling down; all his credit card debts came rushing in.
If only he had listened to all the financial advice from friends and families. After a while, Tony became withdrawn, and he practically shut out everyone. I never heard from Tony, until this morning, when I received the news of his demise.
Dear son, forgive my long story, but this financial advice is for you learn that saving will go a long way in prevent any unnecessary surprises in the future.
Re: Letter To My Unborn Son by LordsBattleAxe(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
What lesson will you like to pass on
Re: Letter To My Unborn Son by newyorks(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
a big message

(1) (Reply)

ff / Give Your Home A New Look With This / Blue Gate 2kva Inverter For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.