Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,870 members, 7,872,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:13 AM

Iwobi: My World Cup Dream Has Come True - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi: My World Cup Dream Has Come True (691 Views)

Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / We're Focus And Ready To Dent Argentina's World Cup Dream - Mikel / Sophia Omidiji: My Super Falcons World Cup Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iwobi: My World Cup Dream Has Come True by edopinkin: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2017
Arsenal striker, Alexander Iwobi struck the final nail that snuffed life out of Zambia’s 2018 FIFA World Cup dream weekend at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium and immediately burst into his trademark celebration style that got fans rocking in wild jubilation.

ALMLY . . . Nigeria’s forward Alex Iwobi (L) controls the ball ahead of Zambia’s midfielder Simon Silwimba during their match at the weekend.
Iwobi, introduced into the game in the second half by manager Gernot Rohr in place of Moses Simon, looked every inch a prince in the shinning armour as he had just given Nigerians a befitting 57th birthday gift in form of a ticket to play in the greatest sporting event in the world next year and was expectedly revelling in the moment.

For a player who has blood link with former Eagles captain and African legend, Austin Okocha, Iwobi is surely writing his own script in Nigerian football history, with his winning goal against Zambia.

And speaking to scores of excited fans, Iwobi said that he was fulfilled to be part of the World Cup qualifying class of 2017 that guaranteed Nigeria a sixth appearance at the World Cup, with the added incentive of being the first to qualify from Africa.

Iwobi said, “I am obviously lost for words as I feel transfixed, emotional, excited and subdued by the fact that we have qualified for the World Cup in Russia. This is a great moment for us and we are obviously loving this special moment”.
“I grew up playing football, loving the game, it’s actually my first love and always dreamt of playing at the World Cup and I am so grateful to God that the dream I had growing up has finally become a reality”, added Iwobi.
Re: Iwobi: My World Cup Dream Has Come True by MacMath(m): 6:49am On Oct 09, 2017
Space booked

FTC...........
Re: Iwobi: My World Cup Dream Has Come True by emmie14: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2017
Iwobi I am happy for you. As a soccer fan super eagles fan and arsenal fan . Always ask God for protection against unknown. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

A Zambian Striker's Reaction To Nigeria's Qualification For World Cup / Ex-rangers International, Eze Kingsley Obumneme Finds Home In India’s I-league / Russia 2018 Final Draw Holds Today: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.