Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,075 members, 7,949,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

“A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter (21466 Views)

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by shurley22(f): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2017
She's right....
But when your house maid poisons your food and takes over your house then you'd rather either not get one or you train the one you have to love you
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2017
Well, she is right. An employee is paid to work not to be catered for, but unfortunately in most parts of Africa we just have to be compassionate because there are mostly kid maids and they did not ask to be in that situation.
Most of the kid maids don't even want to go to school but it will be nice to ask what they would like to train in.
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 09, 2017
AntiWailer:
That is why they poison their type.

When u treat your house help like a rag and she has nothing to lose.

Ehn Ehn that's not it..she has a point ..what you should advise us that we treat them well like humans..like me what I know I can't do alone if I had no help,I join hands o assist her...I don't over work her and by 9 she is done.when babies cone I employ a nanny seperate .

It all depend if there was an agreement that you will educate her fine ,if not IRS left to your conscience but advisably study her first and know her back ground very well .
All my house gals under go medical tests aids ,tb ,etcanc also witch craft test ..yes u read correctly ,witch craft ....there are some scents witches can't stand so the day a maid is coming for interview I burn it and it works ...am sure even villages have such
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Augustap(f): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2017
If she won't aid her house help academically, she should seek grown ups, not kids who are supposed to be in school and have a bright future. That's the only way i can agree with her.

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by victorazyvictor(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2017
dulux07:
She is actually right, it is only if its part of their agreement. Otherwise it's her choice. not sending her to school does not mean she's cruel to her.

Na your type househelp dey give otapiapia. Do need anybody to advice you that a teenage girl need education? If don't put her in school then is Child Abuse and u must be arrested.

1 Like

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by free2ryhme: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
HeWrites:
A young Nigerian lady identified as THE MUSE has took to her Twitter page to share that she believes a house help is not employed to go school but to work and earn income.

According to another user who goes by the name OTEDOLA on the Microblogging platform, she said;
Feminism and equality merchant but your house girl no dey go school

Then the lady responded;
No point here, she was not employed to go to school

Who else agree with the lady?

NEWS FROM; http://www.torimill.com/2017/10/a-househelp-is-employed-to-work-not-to.html

But you no do screengrab of the twitter comment
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2017
kimbraa:
It's in Nigeria where kids are used as helpers/Nannies. In advanced Nations, adults do these jobs as either part time or full time who get paid for their services. In this premise, she's right for saying what she said but most Nigerians who bring in others kids from the villages to do house helps don't pay these girls for their services, as a matter of fact, the child's parent is lied to that they'd put the child in school. If you're not paying her monthly or weekly for what she does then you should send her to school. It's wickedness if she isn't paid, and isn't put in school.

Nigerians still don't get it. Putting minors in paid employment is wrong.

The option of payment or schooling does not arise at all when they are minors, they should BE IN SCHOOL. Nigerians prefer to use minors for domestic work because they are more manageable (i.e. it's easier to bully them and treat them like shīt)

Please say NO to child labour!

4 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by obaogo: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2017
Ibi oju ibi; Bi ase bi eru labi omo.
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by victorazyvictor(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2017
dulux07:
She is actually right, it is only if its part of their agreement. Otherwise it's her choice. not sending her to school does not mean she's cruel to her.

Na your type househelp dey give otapiapiaa. Do u need anybody to advice you that a teenage girl need education? If u don't put her in school then is Child Abuse and u must be arrested.

4 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Justiceleague1: 11:22am On Oct 09, 2017
Shes evil/wicked
btw, thunda faya all coneheads grin

ok the house help of my aunt is now a French teacher and not only that,shes got her American citizenship already set for her...and thats cos my aunt got her educated... And when my uncle won the USA visa lottery yrs back,her name was included as a dependant along with my uncle's kids.
Education remains the best policy not only for our kids but for those utility workers folks can help one way or the other..

Thunda go still faya all coneheads grin

3 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by whizzyleejr(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2017
That's the kind of heart she have...you receive more blessing by treating him or her the way you treat your children, we are all equal

1 Like

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2017
She is right, but unfortunately she comes across as an unsympathetic, privileged prick with no appreciation for the suffering or struggle of others less fortunate to be born into wealth
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Kobicove(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2017
kimbraa:
It's in Nigeria where kids are used as helpers/Nannies. In advanced Nations, adults do these jobs as either part time or full time who get paid for their services. In this premise, she's right for saying what she said but most Nigerians who bring in others kids from the villages to do house helps don't pay these girls for their services, as a matter of fact, the child's parent is lied to that they'd put the child in school. If you're not paying her monthly or weekly for what she does then you should send her to school. It's wickedness if she isn't paid, and isn't put in school.

I agree with this comment
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by davillian(m): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2017
House help that your life is on her hand.
I pity you even the ones we treat nicely still do bad things to their Oga/madam/ children.
I wonder what a house girl treated poorly would do.

A WICKED MADAM SPOTTED.

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Missbizy(f): 11:34am On Oct 09, 2017
She's right! In advanced countries it's rare to see an underage been used as a househelp or housekeeper, buh in Nigeria, it's seen as been compulsory because we use minors who are supposed to be in school. Nannies/housekeepers/househelps are meant to be professionals. Imagine leaving a 13 or 16 yr old girl with a yr old baby or less to take care by herself. Wetin the girl don sabi, she herself is still a baby!

1 Like

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by twinstaiye(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2017
Lets find out if she also had some degrees or even professional qualifications while working? And why did she accept on the job training, local training, in-plant training while on her job? Why did she go to conferences and workshops?
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Arccangel(f): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2017
Rokia2:
Why can't these women do their own house work?
The laziness is real SMH.

There are career women with kids and they still manage to look after their homes.
That a woman has a help doesn't mean she's lazy or can't look after her own home. Educate your self ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Pataricatering(f): 11:42am On Oct 09, 2017
It’s not her fault , because child care services don’t take their job seriously in this country . Sending a child to school is not an option it’s a must . She needs to be reported to the appropriate authorities.

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Maxvasia(m): 11:48am On Oct 09, 2017
And this hand to make FP??
Of what relevance is both the story and the face of the vegetable infested head of the lady to us now?

Nairaland is becoming a joke. It will very soon, lose its relevance in the scheme of on rushing events
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by chloride6: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2017
It's because education has not been made compulsory up to secondary school level by the I'd.iots up there, that's why you have the chance to say such rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2017
Rokia2:
Why can't these women do their own house work?
The laziness is real SMH.

There are career women with kids and they still manage to look after their homes.
career woman, married with kids doing all her house work alone without complaining or enlisting help? If I hear....please aunty, please o...send me your address, u must babysit my kids this afternoon...only you o ehen

1 Like

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by dulux07(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Na your type househelp dey give otapiapiaa. Do need anybody to advice you that a teenage girl need education? If don't put her in school then is Child Abuse and u must be arrested.
Jst because i'm suppose to be in school, i work in mcdonalds, mr biggs, cashier or biz centre, r they suppose to send me to school.
The point is dont maltreat your workers. Simple
And besides nothing like teenage in the post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2017
Which ever way you look at this she's actually right. A househelp can't work and house work at the same damn time.
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2017
Which ever way you look at this she's actually right. A househelp can't work and be a student at the same damn time.
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by ogoloray(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2017
When u become a successful career woman, u can pound fufu for ur husband before taking off to work. But until then, mind ur biz and stop judging others
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by mecusbosco(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
So if I don't want to pay for her school fees, it automatically translates to treating her anyhow I like?
VERDA:

But if your paying her you can treat her however you wish?
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by PDPGuy: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
Well, a maid or nanny is employed only to work. In that respect, I agree with the lady.

Nonetheless, I’m not a fan of maids being under 16 years of age.

1 Like

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by mecusbosco(m): 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
I wish there is a way I can give you a million likes
dulux07:

Jst because i'm suppose to be in school, i work in mcdonalds, mr biggs, cashier or biz centre, r they suppose to send me to school.
The point is dont maltreat your workers. Simple
And besides nothing like teenage in the post

2 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by kodylicky(f): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
Arccangel:

That a woman has a help doesn't mean she's lazy or can't look after her own home. Educate your self ma'am.

I had to log in to say thank you for this comment...... I bet you that lady if she is a mother, is not a career woman'....

It's better she pays someone to do some of d house work than nagging her husband to death cos of stress n frustration. If I have the money to employ someone to handle certain things, I will totally subscribe to it.. no point forming vitreous super woman and Un knowingly neglecting other aspects be cos u re tired and stressed

3 Likes

Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by VERDA: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
mecusbosco:
So if I don't want to pay for her school fees automatically translates to treating her anyhow I like?

What I typed was in response to your statement Which implied you should only treat your house help nice like you would treat ur children if ur not paying her in cash,was curious to know if this meant that you could treat her badly if you were paying her. That's all.
Re: “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter by Patokeikem: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Not Correct, If The Oga Or Madam Possesses The Wherewithal To Sponsor The Maid, Nothing Is Wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Five Generations Family Photo / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze / Wives Battered 340 Husbands To Pulp In 1yr —lagos Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.