Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,085 members, 7,906,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Information On Uk Tourist Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information On Uk Tourist Visa (12920 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Uk Tourist Visa Renewal Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by dancewith: 7:30am On Mar 24, 2010
It is ok to apply under General Visitors. However you need to still mark yes on the question of if you have family and friends in the UK. you must state you do not intend to visit those family and freinds when you get there as if you say you will, you then must use the Family visitors form

Use a detailed itineray to show you are going to places like Manchester, Birmigham or Liverpool or even Scotland if your family member lives in London for Instance. You can always use the further information section for this

However I do not buy the story your family member is telling you. It makes no sence. He is up for ILR and that does not stop him from inviting family members at this time. But if he is not up to it, then try the option I indicated
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2010
@ SOTAj
I dont think your trip will affect his citizenship application at all, the most important thing is when you went to the uk 1st time u returned back, so they should be aware you are just going for visiting
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by SOTAJ: 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2010
Thanks alot everybody.

I appreciate.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2010
SOTAJ:

Thanks alot everybody.

I appreciate.
I dont think you will ever understand the stress and dedication that he put into having the ILR,at this point I would say respect his wishes and wait till he gets what he wants then you can ask him to assist you,just my 2P.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Maverick05: 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Eleven, How long is the processing period for visa. I plan to apply having about 3/4 of what you stated. the items i have are
6months pay slip
Introductn letter
employment letter
I have about half a millions as savings,
planned expense breakdown
Travel itinery + hotel reservation
Invitation letter from an EU citizen
His Bank Statement
house papers

thnx
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by patriciai: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2010
Hi all, i intend to travel to uk as a tourist. my question is, am i supposed to pay for the hotel reservation or just book for it. and if am to pay, will my money be refunded if am not going to stay there.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Maverick why do you need your invitees bank statements is he paying for your trip and accomodation
because if not then its not required
if you paying for your trip and maintenance on your trip then provide only your bank statements, if you want to stay with him over there, then its his gas bill or council tax you will require
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Maverick05: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2010
joxiri:

Maverick why do you need your invitees bank statements is he paying for your trip and accomodation
because if not then its not required
if you paying for your trip and maintenance on your trip then provide only your bank statements, if you want to stay with him over there, then its his gas bill or council tax you will require

Thnx for the comment@Joxiri, It was sent just as a support document. I intend to sponsor myself in total.

Regards
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2010
yeah but when the caseworker sees this he might get confused sha
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by SOTAJ: 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
@ ericko 2k2

Thanks for your response. Like you said, Ihave actually decided to wait till he gets his citizenship status since we are not desperate to visit the Uk now. Even though we could make an hotel reservation to apply for/renew our visas, we decided to chill till the get what they are processing since we won't be travelling until later in the year.
Your candid advice is well appreciated.

I dont think you will ever understand the stress and dedication that he put into having the ILR,at this point I would say respect his wishes and wait till he gets what he wants then you can ask him to assist you,just my 2P.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by patriciai: 8:56am On Mar 31, 2010
hi joxiri, i intend applying for a tourist visa, would want your advise on which is better, book my hotel reservation online or have someone over dere do it for me? also is it alright for me to use a savings account since that is what i run and i intend sponsoring myself. thanks
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by joxiri: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2010
either way as long as you have a receipt it should be fine, but I think if you can book it online by yourself its better, I think the savings account should be fine
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by eleven(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2010
Maverick05:

@Eleven, How long is the processing period for visa. I plan to apply having about 3/4 of what you stated. the items i have are
6months pay slip
Introductn letter
employment letter
I have about half a millions as savings,
planned expense breakdown
Travel itinery + hotel reservation
Invitation letter from an EU citizen
His Bank Statement
house papers

thnx

official processing time takes 10 working days from the date of applying, but most cases are actually treated within a week.

I would suggest you apply for a tourist visa, saves you a lot of unnecessary questions when applying to stay with someone. Since you have about 500k and a hotel reservation already, i think it is enough to plan your tourist visa application.

What I think is necessary is that your statement of account shows a consistent means of income e.g. salary and any other means of income you claim to have in the last 6 months. Please if your statement is showing just a lump amount of 500k is best you do not apply with it.

The key thing they look out for is that you have strong ties to make you come back to Nigeria after your visit.

patriciai:

Hi all, i intend to travel to uk as a tourist.  my question is, am i supposed to pay for the hotel reservation or just book for it. and if am to pay, will my money be refunded if am not going to stay there.

You can book for your hotel reservation with your master card or visa card if you have one. Your card will not be debited until your expected check-in date, however, you can cancel the reservation for free if you are not going to show up before the expected check-in date.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2010
@sijiso447@
Won't u go and study Melicine in Poland again? Abi u don automatically b'come visa agent? U knw Kirikiri Abi u just wan knw am by force?
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Nobody: 1:49am On Apr 09, 2010
@tamita come off it try get me right you should sound like that man aint what i mean i have this patner who is damn in need of an help with polish schools thought i can get a help i need here as i dont dig poland so i threw it open to intellectuals common dont be the notorious nigerian tamita
i think i did the wrong thing plz pardon me ?
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by ulale: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2010
is it necessary, you explain the breakdown of you expense while living in the uk if yes, at which spot in the application form will u write this?
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by bukenken: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
@ SOTAJ

I will explain my own to you and you can make use of the advice. Firstly, when I was a Miss I applied for a 6 month visa using my Uncle and I was denied and the reason given was that my uncle documents wasnt complete. When my uncle got to know about that he said I should appeal but fortunately for me I consulted a lawyer in which I was advice not to appeal bt rather to re apply and gave me all documents that my uncle should send to me.

Secondly, I reapply while still Miss for 6 months again with all documents from my uncle I was granted 6 months. Thirdly I got married in Nov 2009 and decided to travel by March - April because I was told to go on leave dat period so I call my uncle again for me to now renew bt now planning to renew for 2yrs and also for my hubby in which he will apply for 6 months. But unfortunately, one of my aunt already told my uncle and he cant do 2 same time so he told me to shift my own application bt I cant due to my own leave too so I decided to go thru Tourism and decided to use reason that we are going for Honeymoon since we have not gone for honeymoon b4. So I apply using tourism for both me and my hubby in which we have all documents attached to our application and I was given 2yrs and my hubby 6months.

Just dis Tuesday 2nd Nov we have ro renew for my hubby again because we plan going by december for xmas, due to his 6 month that has expired and decided to use my first cousin and to God be the Glory he was given 3rd Nov and he is having his own 2yrs now.

So I will like to tell you that u can actually use the Tourism but u need to have proper documents to back it up and also a very good reason for the tour.

1 Like

Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by SOTAJ: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ Bukenken, thanks for your post. However, we decided not to apply until my brother in law was through with the ILR which they have gotten.

We submitted our application for 2yrs early October and we got it 2 days later (2 yrs each for myself and my wife). We intend to go before the year runs out.

Congrats on your hubby's visa too.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by Dantecmu(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
Congrats yu all it seems this uk people r doing baptism of visa nowadays cause everybody who applied for visa that i know in the last 1 month was given anyways for intending applicants i wish you all tha best, consistency and sincere application remains the best,
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by awumen: 10:43am On Jun 08, 2012
i wish to apply for uk tourist visa in July, please assist me link to form and details of documents required.
Re: Information On Uk Tourist Visa by oijeleo: 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2012
coolier: 12. Visa fees:

Single, double and multiple visit, valid up to 6 months  N25,000 (Not sure about this)
Longer term multiple entry (1 to 2 years) N54,600
Longer term multiple entry (5 years) N105,000
Longer term multiple entry (10 years) N130,000
\
plz i want to know wat documents i need to renew my visa for 2yrs

(1) (2)

Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers / COVID-19: Nigeria Lists New Rules For UK, South Africa Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.