Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,363 members, 7,920,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:02 AM

Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy (1605 Views)

RCCG Shares Garri To Members (Photos) / Pastor Israel Oladele Ogundipe To Members: Invest In Your Future Before Church / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by Godson333: 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUE AND "CHRIST EMBASSY".

An Epistle To Members of Christ Embassy.

By UJE OKE.

♡ May the peace of God be unto every Christian including members of Christ Embassy. Amen.

When people talk about Jehovah Witnesses; the first thing that comes to my mind is "Paradise", and when people talk about Deeper Life; my first thought is "Holiness", and when Winners Chapel is the day's topic, I take it as synonymous to "Prosperity and Progress". So, if I come across the denomination included in the title of this article joined by (the conjuct) "and", the first thing that I remember about ye members is "Speaking In An Unknown Tongue".

Let me start by giving a true and concise flashback about an argument I had with a member of Christ Embassy, whose name I withheld due to respect. What happened was that the said member posting a picture of him and a little child on Facebook added the caption to my understanding that the little child speaketh in tongue and suddenly, I commented "the type she was taught"? And that was how the quarrel and argument started.

What made me say so? Between year 2007-09 (couldn't be specific about the actual date, month and year it happened since am not that good with keeping events' dates), me and a Catholic friend were invited by another friend of mine who happens to be a member of Christ Embassy, to a Christ Embassy fellowship. At the fellowship, being new comers, we introduced ourselves and the fellowship head welcomed us and asked if we believe in the Holy Ghost. This he asked after we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and personal Saviour. "Yes sir" we said. "Let us stand up", the head replied. We rose to our feet and a short prayer were said for us to receive the Holy Spirit.
After the prayer, the head requested we start speaking in tongue as a manifestation of receiving the Holy Ghost. Yes, I am with a Catholic friend who believes speaking in tongue, as a deceit, is a sin against the Holy Spirit and is unforgivable. But for me, I don't believe in such. After a short silence (up to a minute from me and my friend), the head told us to TRY. TRY! Within me (to myself) is this something that someone can try? I can't Bleep-up here, today I must kabash. That was when I started speaking Urhobo and mixing it with jargons like "robo", "raba", "scatter", etc.

That was the reason for my comment as regards the little child speaking in tongue, because my first speaking in tongue was due to persuasion and in the midst of Yorubas, Northern Nigerians who donot understand my Urhobo language and they didn't understand.

• Today, I want to clarify what speaking in tongue and unknown tongue entails.

Speaking in an unknown tongue is one in one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinth 12) include;

1. The word of wisdom,
2. The word of knowledge,
3. The gift of prophecy,
4. The gift of Faith,
5. The gift of Healing,
6. The working of Miracles,
7. The Discerning of Spirits,
8. Different Kinds of Tongues(Diverse Kinds of Tongues), and
9. The Interpretation of Tongues.

You may manifest the word of wisdom as a sign of receiving the Holy Spirit and not necessarily speaking in tongue (1 Corinth 12 v 4 - 7). I wonder if ye members of Christ Embassy think when one donot speaketh in an unknown tongue, thou have not receive thy Holy Spirit?

And speaking in an unknown tongue is one of the two types of Diverse Kinds of Tongues.

TYPES OF DIVERSE KINDS OF TONGUES (Speaking In Tongues, 1 Corinth 13 v 1)

They include;

1. Tongues of Men (speaking in tongue for unbelievers ), and
2. Tongue of Angels (speaking in an unknown tongue for believers).

1. TONGUES OF MEN (FOR UNBELIEVERS)

I have not seen nor heard ye speaketh in tongue which is for unbelievers. I would be rash and harsh to say that ye don't know about this gift.
This type of tongue was recorded in the Bible in Acts 2 v 1 - 15. The disciples gathered on the day of Pentecost, filled with the Holy Spirit, began speaking in tongues and it was meant for the unbelievers. Who were the unbelievers? Acts 2 v 7; and they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, behold, are not all these (disciples) which speak Galilaeans?
Acts 2 v 8; and how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Acts 2 v 9 -11; Parthians, and the Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and Strangers of Rome, Jews and Proselytes, Cretes, and Arabians, we do hear them in our tongues the wonderful work of God.
The unbelievers must understand the tongue for them to acknowledge the work of God. Had it been the unbelievers couldn't comprehend what they (disciples) were speaking, won't they have said the disciples are mad and would have not concluded it was the work of God? (1 Corinth. 14 v 23)

Therefore, speaking in tongue entails that I, being an unbeliever, and an Urhobo, sees an Hausa Christian speaketh in Urhobo to my own understanding, even though he cannot speak urhobo on a normal day.

2. TONGUES OF ANGELS (SPEAKING IN AN UNKNOWN TONGUE FOR BELIEVERS)

Speaking in an unknown tongue is for the believers that is the church.
When one speaketh in an unknown tongue, edifieth himself but only when the unknown tongue is interpreted, the church is edifieth (1 Corinth 14 v 4 - 5).

What shall it profit the church when you speak in an unknown tongue that the church cannot comprehend? And for this reason, the gift of speaking in an unknown tongue can only edifieth the church when;

1. Someone speaketh in an unknown tongue, and
2. Someone interpreting the unknown tongue.

Therefore, you should rather speak five words with the understanding of yourself that by thy voice you might teach others also, than speaking ten thousand words in an unknown tongue (1 Corinth 14 v 19), because if the speaker of an unknown tongue donot understand what he is speaking(1 Corinth 14 v 14), how will he teach the church?

And if any man speaketh in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at most, by three (note* two or most three) and that by course, and let one interpret (1 Corinth 14 v 27). But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church and let him speak to himself and to God (1 Corinth 14 v 28).

My conclusion is that if thou speaketh in an unknown tongue without an interpreter, thou should keep silence and not disturbing the church with your loud selfish tongue that is of no use to the church.

Some persons will say I shouldn't judge, when they don't understand what "thou shall not judge" means but thinketh that one be no criticize.

And if thou is a member of Christ Embassy and has criticize the teachings of Jehovah Witnesses or other Christian denominations, thou criticisms I have measured back to you.

But if thou a member of Christ Embassy, act mature without insult as a chrsitian that you are and discuss like the way these Jehovah Witnesses don't insult you when you criticize them in their presence.

* CHURCH ~ means Christian gathering anywhere not necessarily the main building.

* BIBLE USED ~ King James Version (KJV) also known as the King James Bible (KJB)

THANK YOU

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/speaking-in-tongues-and-christ-embassy/

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by ojobolinda: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
What's ur point
Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by zionmade1: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good write up op
But let me clear u in my little way
U owe the congregation interpretation only wen u are prophesying in tongues. there is a difference between praying in tongues and prophesying in tongues.

2. Christ embassy is one church there members dont insult or criticize other churches no matter their denominations. Rather there are churches who think they are too righteous and they go about criticizing CE

3. Lets take a look at wat happened in the upper room, how many disciples were there? 120
Have u ever heard 120 persons shouting at the same time in different languages and u re able to pick out the meaning of wat one of them is saying? Is it possible? Now for the people celebrating pentecost to understand wat the disciples were saying was a miracle on its own. It was a specific miracle for that moment, and the bible didnt record it that the disciples themselves interpreted the tongues.
4. Quit the mentality of i am catholic, winners, JW bla bla bla bla, that is a device of the devil to weaken the strenght of the church which lies in unity of the body of Christ. We all christians form one single body and not many bodies. If u are a Christian then u are of the same body with other Christians that attend other churches

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by Prec1ous(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2017
Shan meribo, I see taribo, where is Rambo...?

Holy holy!

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by Greatzeus(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ok,but what's with the "ye"," thou" Op keeps using for CE members like he's in 14th century grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by kristen12(f): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
I hope they see this. Read 1 Corinthians 14
Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by petra1(m): 1:48am On Oct 10, 2017
zionmade1:
Good write up op
But let me clear u in my little way
U owe the congregation interpretation only wen u are prophesying in tongues. there is a difference between praying in tongues and prophesying in tongues.

2. Christ embassy is one church there members dont insult or criticize other churches no matter their denominations. Rather there are churches who think they are too righteous and they go about criticizing CE

3. Lets take a look at wat happened in the upper room, how many disciples were there? 120
Have u ever heard 120 persons shouting at the same time in different languages and u re able to pick out the meaning of wat one of them is saying? Is it possible? Now for the people celebrating pentecost to understand wat the disciples were saying was a miracle on its own. It was a specific miracle for that moment, and the bible didnt record it that the disciples themselves interpreted the tongues.
4. Quit the mentality of i am catholic, winners, JW bla bla bla bla, that is a device of the devil to weaken the strenght of the church which lies in unity of the body of Christ. We all christians form one single body and not many bodies. If u are a Christian then u are of the same body with other Christians that attend other churches

Correct . Speaking in tongues is not about the sound but the power behind the inspiration . The words are actually jargons to a natural man except it’s spoken in human language

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by donnie(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2017
What is all this "ye" and "thou" you are using sef?

Abeg, lemme come and be going...
Re: Speaking In Tongues And "Christ Embassy" - To Members Of Christ Embassy by jaksmillioniar: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
Greatzeus:
Ok,but what's with the "ye"," thou" Op keeps using for CE members like he's in 14th century grin
in ur life never comment in my blog again or u regret it

(1) (Reply)

We Are Only Actors And Not Jesus (pic) / Profile Of Late Apst. Deb'rah Osagiese, Spirit & Life Bible Church Founder / Thinking Of Joining Jehovah’s Witnesses? Watch This First!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.