Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:54 AM

Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan (18033 Views)

Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval / Buhari Seeks Approval For Foreign Loan Rejected By Senate Under Saraki / FG Seeks Senate Permission To Pay Kogi State N10.69 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by free2ryhme: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
360frolic:
President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the approval of the Senate to take $5.5bn foreign loan for the execution of the 2017 budget.

The Senate president, Bukola Saraki read the President's letter during plenary on Tuesday.

The letter dated October 4,this year was read a week after the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun blamed the Senate for delaying the approval.

She claimed that the request has been hanging at the National Assembly.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/10/buhari-seeks-senates-approval-for-55bn.html

Awon ole jati jati
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by OBAGADAFFI: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
After collecting Sukuk(loan) of 100 billion.

They should just sell Nigerian to the highest bidder.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by iHarrie(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hehe
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by OyiboOyibo(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
after stealing $26Billion n he needs approval 4 ordinary $5Billion....d gods must be crazy...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Naughtytboy: 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
So no one is talking about the 26b$ again

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by MurderEnglish(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
This country is really a joke, how can you request for foreign loan what about all the recovered loots. undecided

Jonsing country...jonsing people...

Infact, the people careless that's why the government do any how and get away with it.

And it is said, "we get the politicians we deserve, when we don't go out to vote or vote wisely".

How can some sensible people vote in shameless people into office.

Come 2019, I still never find someone credible..
Atiku is a thief
Elrufai a thief
Fayose a thief
Buhari. . . He's not a thief buh he allowed trubal bigotry to eat him up and he's not so fit for office again.

Who will we vote for? cry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jubrin Jubrin Jubrin enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by muller101(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
That wish shall not be granted

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Badonasty(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
360frolic:
President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the approval of the Senate to take $5.5bn foreign loan for the execution of the 2017 budget.

The Senate president, Bukola Saraki read the President's letter during plenary on Tuesday.

The letter dated October 4,this year was read a week after the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun blamed the Senate for delaying the approval.

lol...5.5bn$ issorai
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by sKy007: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2017
What happened to Allision $9bn recovered money

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Bullhari007(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
360frolic:

Jubril what matters to him most is foreign loan. this useless incompetent clueless tyrant will put Nigeria in a mess, the dept Nigeria will incur in next 1yr it will take them 50years of hard labour and suffering to clear... Yoruba Muslims God will never forgive you guys for partaking in this fraud
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by slimfairboy(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
That's the change most Nigerians wanted, i miss GEJ!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by ShySteady(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
One Chance Government, indeed.

You want to borrow so that you and your ilk will squander and loot it all.

Shame on all of you who deceived gullible Nigerians into voting you to power.

They are wiser now and cannot repeat the same mistake in the next electioneering year.

What happened to your famous fight against corruption?

What happened to your famous repatriation of ill gotten monies by corrupt politicians in the last administration?

What happened to providing basic amenities and building of roads?

Whatever happened to you, PMB?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by cashcity: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigeria bye bye.... Pls let we IPOB go so dat una go continue to mess the country up. just negodu,, how many 5 billion USD is in over 26 billion USD missing in our backyard. We must not be in dis mess together.. Biafra all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
Naughtytboy:
So no one is talking about the 26b$ again
trusting this government at ur own peril

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by discusant: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2017
360frolic:

president wanting to put the younger ones in depth.

What single development project had Buhari started and completed since he became president?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by greatiyk4u(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
Paperwhite:
And these idiots in this government are telling us that Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria undecided Nigeria future have been mortgaged by the clueless APC.

Is he not?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by seangy4konji: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
So all d money recovered cannot service d budget.

Nigeria is really cursed. Everything just not working.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by okikirifidelis(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
aboki u won travel again
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by agbonkamen(f): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
I am happy the way things are going in this current government. Nigerians deserve to cry with their stupid choice made under the influence of sentiments. BUHARI TILL 3030 grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Alexgeneration(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
What has He done with the previous loans? Abi na to just to dey collect without anything positive to show for it? I hope the loan is not meant for financing 2019 elections?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
2017 Budget and today is 10 October 2017

82days to new year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Why are we taking all these loans anyway

[b] Between April 2014 (when oil prices started falling) and April 2016, we lost $100 billion in potential earnings.

Let me repeat myself....we lost $100 billion in potential earnings ,because oil dropped from $120 to $29 in two years.

2.Because of the fall in oil price, we had to restrict dollar spending (or by now, we would be paying N2000 for $1). That led to more dollar flight out of the country and as a result....loss in earnings.

3.Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 to meet basic needs. (Oil is at $50 now). Saudi Arabia needs oil at $77, and Russia needs it at $99. I

4.As a result we need to take loans to keep things running., Without the loans...we would be in even deeper problems. Like...salaries won't have been paid for a year or something.

5.There is only one way out of this in the short term....oil goes above $123 per barrel...AND EVEN THEN...we have to pay back the loans we took in the past.

6.If you want a permanent long term solution...this means taking loans to fix power and education...and removing subsidies...which means us paying N200 for one liter of fuel and N30000 per month in light bills. We will suffer more than this for some years. But once we become an exporting manufacutred goods nation as a result...then we can really enjoy the fruits of our labour.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by SHANGALORLOR: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Infarct I'm tired of nigeria. I'm just pieced off at seeing this post.please can somebody tell me the way about of the recovered looted funds by federal government? what kind of nonsense is this? please PMB you better respect yourself.
kindly resign if you don't know what else to do.I'm even beginning to agree with Nnamdi Kanu that our president might be fake because of the resent happenings in our country Nigeria and the cabal issues.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Agbaletu: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
It should not be approved for whatever reason(s).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by 1Rebel: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
Thank God I and my family have fled this country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by obyon(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
This man will kill this country with loan

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by magoo10(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
which of the buhari is seeking the loan?$5.5billion is no small money.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by curvilicious: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
This gofament smh 4 Buhararia

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by oruma19: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Esseite:
What the point of the unreasonable budget if you cannot fund it?..

we only hear about these monies in the news, it is not seen in any aspect of the economy. I swear I am rily tired of Nigeria. Buhari cane to kill, steal and to destroy. He will die before the tenure ends.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by Priest69(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
I need get myself out of this country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan by discusant: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
Paperwhite:
And these idiots in this government are telling us that Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria undecided Nigeria future have been mortgaged by the clueless APC.

Perhaps, president Buhari is also seeking for parts of the loans for the army to buy more weapons to kill off Nigerian groups refusing the existing political structure and governance system - as usual.

I shudder when Buhari sycophants said that Buhari spoke at the last UN like president of Africa.

Muslim Rohingya of Myanmar took a disproportionate part of Buhari's UN speech. Are Muslim Rohingya people Africans?

Shortly before Buhari's UN speech, Igbos in Nigeria were massacred by soldiers under the command of Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose’s Arrogance Caused PDP's Defeat — Kashamu / #AnambraDecides: No Election In Isuaniocha, Awka North - Pictures / Nnamdi Kanu May Go Blind, His Sight Deteriorating - Ozekhome Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.