Stats: 3,184,322 members, 7,923,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 04:01 AM

Time To Question The Sun's Reporting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Question The Sun's Reporting (1354 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Women Group Charges FG To Question Governor Wike / Charles Eruka Reporting Live In Rivers Amidst Gunshot (pic) / Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials (2) (3) (4)

Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 10, 2010
Jonathan to run with IBB
By The Sun Publishing
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
A very dependable source told Daily Sun: “Jonathan was made to understand that there is no way the North would not feel short-changed if another Southerner becomes president in 2011 after eight unbroken years of Obasanjo presidency. In any case, Jonathan is still seen as a light-weight politician, his acting presidency position notwithstanding. As a form of compensation for him, the group moved to persuade IBB to run with him.”

Babangida’s candidacy is being advocated specifically for the same reasons Obasanjo was made president in 1999. According to our source, because these are very testy times, “We don’t want a trial and error scenario. We need a man who has been there before, a man who knows the challenges of the office. A stabilising figure, who is reasonably accepted in different parts of the country. Of all the former heads of state, IBB appears the most acceptable.”

However, the group pushing for the IBB/Jonathan 2011 ticket appears split down the middle. While a rump of the Yar’Adua group appears to favour an IBB presidency, they are not favourably disposed to Jonathan in the political calculation. Some powerful political gladiators, Daily Sun further gathered, are vehemently against a Jonathan presidency or vice-presidency beyond 2011. Their grouse, according to our source, stems from the ‘untidy’ manner the Acting President allegedly handled the Yar’Adua issue. His words: “Jonathan behaved double-facedly in the issue of the ailing President. While, on the one hand, he pretended to be in sympathy with the embattled President, on the other hand, he was stoking the fire and engineering the processes leading to his eventual declaration as Acting President.”

Another group in the power calculus also appears favourably disposed to a Babangida/Orji Kalu ticket n 2011 or Babangida/Peter Odili pair. The reasoning is that both Kalu and Odili are consummate grassroots politicians with a large following and acceptability in different parts of the country. But Jonathan is likely to clinch the vice-presidency ticket under Babangida because of the powerful forces in the Advisory Council rooting for him.
The Yar’Adua group seeking a soft-landing for its members are also sharply divided over who takes over from the ailing leader if he eventually makes it to 2011. While some key members of the group feel comfortable with a Babangida presidency, other strong voices would prefer a serving Northern governor as presidential candidate, with Chief James Ibori, former Delta governor as running mate.

Even though he’s yet to make a public pronouncement on his rumoured presidential interests, Daily Sun investigations reveal that the former military president may have braced up to the challenges of running for the exalted office in 2011. He has been consulting different interest groups as well as Nigeria’s foreign allies who seem disposed to his return to the office he left 17 years ago. Towards this end, Babangida is expected to travel out of the country this weekend on a routine medical check-up. “But he will be consulting with some Western powers on the way forward for Nigeria and his role in the post-Yar’Adua era,” our source confided.
How these contending forces and power-§play would play out before Nigeria’s crucial 2011 elections remains to be seen. And Nigerians, stupefied at the game of wit and intrigues hovering around the power circuit, watch with bated breath.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/mar/10/national-10-03-2010-01.htm
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Nobody: 2:34am On Mar 10, 2010
Did they really hear anything from any reliable source or did a The SUN editor simply decide to make up a news story from my previous post shown below? from 2 days ago?

I think what we need to begin to assess is whether Jonathan is more interested in positioning himself to be VP to whoever emrges President in 2011. There is nothing wrong with that though but if that is the case Nigerians should get ready for a 2011 President approaching 70.

My only concern is between now and the next handover. Jonathan should kindly run this country as it deserves or step aside for David Mark.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=410080.msg5653142#msg5653142
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:35am On Mar 10, 2010
What IBB was leaving office 17 years ago, he said, he was stepping aside, and now The fun is about to begin.

One love, Nigeria
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Beaf: 2:41am On Mar 10, 2010
Now that the cabals voice has died into a whisper, IBB wants to try his luck at destabilising the country. If there was a fair vote, the criminal wouldn't even win his home state. Rubbish! angry
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:42am On Mar 10, 2010
Beaf:

Now that the cabals voice has died into a whisper, IBB wants to try his luck at destabilising the country. If there was a fair vote, the criminal wouldn't even win his home state. Rubbish! angry

Dont be surprise to see IBB winning in almost all the states . . . . .
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Beaf: 2:47am On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Maybe in Niger Republic. IBB is one of the most hated figures in Nigeria.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:49am On Mar 10, 2010
Beaf:

Maybe in Niger Republic. IBB is one of the most hated figures in Nigeria.

I used to think that way too . . . .But it is so not true.
Time will tell, Pal
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by nduchucks: 2:52am On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Fhemmmy, hmmm you may be right, IBB may very well get more votes in the ND and the SE region that he'll get in the SW. The numbers are on IBB's side - he may very well win given the constitution of the electorate.

He is hated by most internet warriors and commentators, an affair which is irrelevant as fas as the electorate is concerned.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:56am On Mar 10, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Fhemmmy, hmmm you may be right, IBB may very well get more votes in the ND and the SE region that he'll get in the SW. The numbers are on IBB's side - he may very well win given the constitution of the electorate.

He is hated by most internet warriors and commentators, an affair which is irrelevant as fas as the electorate is concerned.  

My guy, i am on your side oh.
People keep forgetting that at the poll, no one knows who vote for who, and everyone could talk but they will end up voting for IBB.
I am not saying he did the best while in office, but IBB is not a monster as everyone make him to look . . . . he is experienced and if he chose to do the right thing, i personally think he is a man that can do the job.
BTW . . . . he is too maradonaic not to win.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Robotnik: 3:13am On Mar 10, 2010
for once can't we just copy the US or other democratic world powers, why do you want to bring back a dictator, have we forgotten dele giwa , the stolen billions and annulled elections, IBB shud just go and beg for forgiveness from God to give me a Valid Visa to enter heaven
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 3:19am On Mar 10, 2010
Robotnik:

for once can't we just copy the US or other democratic world powers, why do you want to bring back a dictator, have we forgotten dele giwa , the stolen billions and annulled elections, IBB shud just go and beg for forgiveness from God to give me a Valid Visa to enter heaven

Was OBJ any better?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Beaf: 3:38am On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Was OBJ any better?

How can you even compare OBJ and IBB, on what basis?
Compared to IBB, OBJ is like Jesus.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Beaf: 3:42am On Mar 10, 2010
It was IBB that started curruption as we know it today, that is why the cabals of the sharia North are pushing his name forward.
IBB is a demon.

---sharia North = sharia states---
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Was OBJ any better?

What OBJ achieved in the 70s which was to return Nigeria to democratic rule

IBB could not achieve in the 80s.

OBJ and IBB are not in the same class.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by yorubason: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2010
Jaggons is what you guys can offer. IBB as far as i am concern will rule by bribing PDP stakeholders and islamitize NIGER-AREA (Not my own land), and finish NIGER-DELTA people and their oil completely. As for Igbo, I don't know what he has in stock for them but i know it is no good stuff coz he was never to them. IBB with all his stolen monies can not win the whole of North to mention, I beg make make una get serious.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by yorubason: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2010
Phemmy abi wetin be your name self, are you from NIGER or BENIN REP?. The way you dey jam-talk dey make vex. IBB dey friend your sister abi him dey give you contract. How i wish say dele giwa na your brother, you for don die for that talk wey you dey talk for mouth. IBB P.A i think, beware. We go find you too one day, GET SERIOUS
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by 1luvkipsus: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2010
Our kind of journalism is d cut-&-nail type as evident in The Sun & Leadership style.They dont investigate,&they can afford 2copy anytin 4rm d internet 4 publicatn.Some of dis news items re written in brothels,clubs &beer palor.Remembr Efenji of AIT?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
You guys are so funny.someone the US sent emissaries to persuade him to run for presidency.does he need yany other endorsement?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chidichris(m): 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
What OBJ achieved in the 70s which was to return Nigeria to democratic rule

IBB could not achieve in the 80s.

OBJ and IBB are not in the same class.

@mikeansy,
that u do not like ibb does not mean no one does.
if u say ibb is bad or u call him any name, i will agree with u but be rest assured that ibb is 1 million percent better than ur obasanjo.
under obasanjo, the chief justice of the federation was murdered without trace till date.
under obasanjo, a siezed ship missed into tin air till date.
under obasanjo, two villages were officially deleted.
under ur obaanjo, an elected gov was forced out by a taut.
ur obasanjo cld sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
ur obasanjo recorded the highest number of air misharps without traces till date.
ur obasanjo recorded the highest rate of looting between 1999 and 2007
ur obasanjo organised the worst election in the history of man in 2007
ur obasanjo awarded and paid for many big and under contracts under his regime.
ur saint obasanjo can only be a saint in a dirty country like nigeria.
i prefer even millitary rulers to what we had between 1999 and 2007.
what of the events of third term and the distruction of ait facilities for airing live braodcast of the senate house.
shame to ur blindness.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chosen04(f): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2010
chidichris:

under your obaanjo, an elected gov was forced out by a taut.
your obasanjo cld sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
your obasanjo recorded the highest number of air misharps without traces till date.

I heard he used the innocent blood of the air mishaps victems to neutralize the effect of the TABOO he committed, E.g----Cossying his daughter-in-law.

Did any other person hear such?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by hatch: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2010
chidichris:

@mikeansy,
that u do not like ibb does not mean no one does.
if u say ibb is bad or u call him any name, i will agree with u but be rest assured that ibb is 1 million percent better than your obasanjo.
under obasanjo, the chief justice of the federation was murdered without trace till date.
under your obaanjo, an elected gov was forced out by a taut.
your obasanjo cld sleep with his own daughter inlaw.
your obasanjo recorded the highest number of air misharps without traces till date.
your obasanjo recorded the highest rate of looting between 1999 and 2007
your obasanjo organised the worst election in the history of man in 2007
your obasanjo awarded and paid for many big and under contracts under his regime.
your saint obasanjo can only be a saint in a dirty country like nigeria.
i prefer even millitary rulers to what we had between 1999 and 2007.
what of the events of third term and the distruction of ait facilities for airing live braodcast of the senate house.
shame to your blindness.

@ chidichris

I think you are the one that is blinded by hatred for OBJ undecided Go get a life instead of whining on an internet forum.

chosen04:

I heard he used the innocent blood of the air mishaps victems to neutralize the effect of the TABOO he committed, E.g----Cossying his daughter-in-law.

Did any other person hear such?

@ chosen04
Listen to your self talk Are you really this du.mb undecided
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chosen04(f): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2010
hatch#:

@ chosen04
Listen to your self talk Are you really this du.mb undecided

Hatch#, the dumbest dumber,
When has it become an offence for a person to voice what he/she heard?

^^^Did u not at one time hear that OBj scarified his late wife-- Stella?
^^^Did Obj not know something about the death of ----Bola Ige?
^^^But how come we ve not been having air mishap since the dude left----Power ans his secrets revealed?

Hatch#,
If u were to be told yrs back that Obj could "Know his daughter-in-law(S) will u believe"?.
With Obj anything is possible. The dude may coming confessing about what he knows of the air mishap 2morrow.

hatch#:

@ chidichris

I think you are the one that is blinded by hatred for OBJ undecided Go get a life instead of whining on an internet forum.

Ur blind support for this Ota farm must be making u spew what stupid heroic worshippers are fond of spewing.
With people like u i can now understand why Osama-bin ladan still has blind supporters.
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
chosen04:

Hatch#, the dumbest dumber,
When has it become an offence for a person to voice what he/she heard?

^^^Did u not at one time hear that OBj scarified his late wife-- Stella?
^^^Did Obj not know something about the death of ----Bola Ige?
^^^But how come we ve not been having air mishap since the dude left----Power ans his secrets revealed?

Hatch#,
If u were to be told yrs back that Obj could "Know his daughter-in-law(S) will u believe"?.
With Obj anything is possible. The dude may coming confessing about what he knows of the air mishap 2morrow.

your blind support for this Ota farm must be making u spew what silly heroic worshippers are fond of spewing.
With people like u i can now understand why Osama-bin ladan still has blind supporters.

God will bless you.
I have said too many times, OBJ cant do anything without a motive . . . .He lacks moral
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by hatch: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2010
chosen04:

Hatch#,

@
I wonder who gave minors like you access to the internet, Did OBJ personally confess to you that he laid his daughter in law   Its amazing the level of reasoning that some goons like you possess when you come here whining like this  undecided
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
hatch#:

@
I wonder who gave minors like you access to the internet, Did OBJ personally confess to you that he laid his daughter in law   Its amazing the level of reasoning that some goons like you possess when you come here whining like this  undecided

OK . . . Lemme ask you now and be honest.
Did he do it or not?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by bibiking1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
hatch#:

@ chidichris

I think you are the one that is blinded by hatred for OBJ  undecided Go get a life instead of whining on an internet forum.

@ chosen04
Listen to your self talk   Are you really this du.mb  undecided

hmm, ,,,,I see these sort of things and reflect back on days when the political thread really had something to offer!
Please stop this!
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
I just wish we could all disagree to agree without name calling
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chosen04(f): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
hatch#:

@
I wonder who gave minors like you access to the internet, Did OBJ personally confess to you that he laid his daughter in law Its amazing the level of reasoning that some goons like you possess when you come here whining like this undecided

Majors like u who are qualified to use the internet. MOJI, the lady in question who confessed this taboo to his husband(Gbenga)--Obj's Son, is still alive. Whats is stoping you from confirming the story.

Moreover, No Son will ever lie against his father with a crime as scurrilous as that.
But where were u during the divorce case? On what ground did Gbenga divorce Moji?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
chosen04:

Majors like u who are qualified to use the internet. MOJI, the lady in question who confessed this taboo to his husband(Gbenga)--Obj's Son, is still alive. Whats is stoping you from confirming the story.

Moreover, No Son will ever lie against his father with a crime as scurrilous as that.
But where were u during the divorce case? On what ground did Gbenga divorce Moji?

Will be back to read response to that
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chosen04(f): 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ok=====But where hatch#?
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by chosen04(f): 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I just wish we could all disagree to agree without name calling
Re: Time To Question The Sun's Reporting by hatch: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
chosen04:

Ok=====But where hatch#?

Ok, i agree no more name calling grin
But lets face it,this story may be a hoax for all we know. undecided I am no fan of OBJ but i find such stories disturbing to believe tongue

If Not Ararume, Ohakim Or Rochas : / Wanted: Life Jacket For Lagos Ferry / Death Of A Nigerian Who Fell Victim To Traffickers In Saudi Arabia

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57