Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:45 AM

Moderators And Their Power! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moderators And Their Power! (552 Views)

Why Are The Fulanis Are Fulanis Dominating Nigerian? Where Is Their Power From / Igbos Must Do All That Is Within Their Power To Help Elect GEJ In 2015 / The People Do Not Know Their Power. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderators And Their Power! by Nigerd(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2010
I think Mod has been given so much power that they do and undo like Nigerian Govt.

my grive with Mod.

Blocking of Topic,
Editing of Post,
Deleting of Post
and Banning of members

the topic below is banned by the power that be,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-410138.0.html
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by ElRazur: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2010
That thread deserved to be locked. If these people have done anything wrong, let them be challenged in court. What that thread is, is nothing but allegations [and unproven one in some case] and the people in question can sue Nairaland owner or have this place shut down for defamation etc.

The MOD made a right decision this time. smiley
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by Nigerd(m): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2010
what about threads on Yaradua health and rumor of his death,

by the time thread are edited and banned it might be in the interest of the mod.

there was a time a thread on a particular issue was on question and those of Igbo extract now ve a upper hand over others why because other thread out the one that supported Igbo interest were edited, deleted and rearranged to portray the IGBO well.

so i think there is politics going on in this forum

I was once a victim.

Vote Niger-Delta
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by ElRazur: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2010
I am not aware of the details of what took place in those threads to be honest. However, from the one you posted as your "evidence", I do think he got it right.
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by netotse(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2010
i agree with the OP, kosovo should tell us his reason for closing that thread. . .i think he's just being 'funny', being a mod isn't about your personal feelings, this is NL sef, since when has anyone known NL to be politically correct?
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by redsun(m): 10:17am On Mar 10, 2010
Sometimes it feels like a deeper life church form.I bet kosovo is a member of deeper life.Typical nigerians ideas of morality is like a white sepulcher,beautiful outside but full of smelly worms inside.
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by honsule(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2010
Niger_d:

I think Mod has been given so much power that they do and undo like Nigerian Govt.

my grive with Mod.

Blocking of Topic,
Editing of Post,
Deleting of Post
and Banning of members

the topic below is banned by the power that be,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-410138.0.html

Minus this one grin grin
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by Nigerd(m): 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
honsule:

Minus this one grin grin

Why Minus?
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by kosovo(m): 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2010
^^^
Super Moderator cool
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by kosovo(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
redsun:

Sometimes it feels like a deeper life church form.I bet kosovo is a member of deeper life.[/b]Typical nigerians ideas of morality is like a white sepulcher,beautiful outside but full of smelly worms inside.
    are you a religious quilibet?
netotse:

i agree with the OP, [b]kosovo should tell us his reason for closing that thread.
. .i think he's just being 'funny', being a mod isn't about your personal feelings, this is NL sef, since when has anyone known NL to be politically correct?

The Position of  Super Moderators prevents the incrimination of various Criticism on the Moderator.

ElRazur:

That thread deserved to be locked. If these people have done anything wrong, let them be challenged in court. What that thread is, is nothing but allegations [and unproven one in some case] and the people in question can sue Nairaland owner or have this place shut down for defamation etc.

The MOD made a right decision this time. smiley
cheesy grin
Re: Moderators And Their Power! by Nigerd(m): 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2010
kosovo:

are you a religious quilibet?
     The Position of  Super Moderators prevents the incrimination of various Criticism on the Moderator.
cheesy grin
@ Kosovo and Others,

Let learn not to be sentimental in our judgment. And let deal with thread without fear or favour. let the interest of the Topic remain

(1) (Reply)

Yardua 2nd Tenure / Confession Of Jos Mayhem Suspects. / Who Are The Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.