Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

25 Year Old Woman Charged To Court For Allegedly Stabbing Husband To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 25 Year Old Woman Charged To Court For Allegedly Stabbing Husband To Death (481 Views)

Nurse Cries In Mugshot After Stabbing Husband To Death In Essex Home / Nigerian Woman Charged To Court For Murdering 4-year-old Son In UK (photo) / Policewoman Flees After Stabbing Husband In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

25 Year Old Woman Charged To Court For Allegedly Stabbing Husband To Death by Wizmike111(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2017
A Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja, on Monday, ordered the remand of a 29-year-old housewife, Onyinyechukwu Akunne, for allegedly stabbing her 35-year-old husband, Mr. Abuch Akunne, to death.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-s1sW7lDWQUU/Wd3Q4qZ0_jI/AAAAAAAAK3k/ZFH1DE6-X9ISPmAstYrt_1QPVGa8UX8IACLcBGAs/s1600/17e86300b6c92beb41fa334a52c7417d.jpg[/img]
The respondent, who was summoned before Justice Josephine Oyefeso, on one check of murder, in opposition to Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011, argued not blameworthy to the charge.

The prosecutor, Mrs. C. k. Tunji-Carena, said the respondent wounded her significant other with a kitchen cut in the chest on March 28, 2015, on Idimu Road, Ejigbo, Lagos State.

In a confessional statement, which the police claimed that she voluntarily made, Akunne said she was from the Ukpor Local Government Area of Anambra State and had been married to the deceased since 2012.
The marriage, she said, was blessed with a four-year-old female child.

She explained that trouble started on March 28, 2015, after an argument broke out between her and her late husband over the husband’s alleged gambling habit.
“He used to lose huge sums of money to Baba Ijebu and I warned him to desist from playing the game,” Akunne said.

She added that on the day of the incident, her husband, after losing money to the game, came home in anger and picked a fight with her.

“He came home angry after losing to Baba Ijebu. I told him to stop wasting money on it. When I asked him why he refused to stop playing the game, he started slapping and beating me.

“He picked the kitchen knife that I was using to slice okra and we both struggled for the knife, while he kept screaming that he would kill me.

‘‘''At a point, I pushed the knife directly into his chest and he fell,'' Akunne said.
Equity Oyefeso suspended further procedures in the issue till March 6, 2017.

The judge requested Akunne's remand in the jail care.

See Graphic Photos
Re: 25 Year Old Woman Charged To Court For Allegedly Stabbing Husband To Death by gabe: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2017
so sad. lives ended before they really began

(1) (Reply)

This Is Where Corrupt Politicians Invest Their Loots..magu / Crime: Young Man Found Dead After Leaving Lagos For Party In Ogun State / UK Agrees To Return Nigeria’s $85m Malabu Oil Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.