Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,927 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:01 AM

Songs Of Praise - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Songs Of Praise (447 Views)

How SYNW Honoured Ify Agwu Omalicha, Sesan Ajayi With The Songs Of Sorrow In 201 / Powerful Spiritual Poems || I Choose To Praise Him | A Powerful Poem On Unwaveri / Powerful Spiritual Poems || I Choose To Praise Him | A Powerful Poem On Unwaveri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Songs Of Praise by lalaponcus(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2017
SONGS OF PRAISE

001 (Song of Pelumi's praise)

Here is to you ancient one,
My hands interlock with those of my teenagers to give you all the praise.
Our hearts utter a melody of joy.
For You are the one inspiring us all to go for gold.
Through you, we live.
Through you, Oluyole our city thrives.
Through you, my little successors write.
With you, we remain victorious.
This is a song of Pelumi Obiesesan to my wonderful maker.

002 (Song of Daniel's praise)

Oba awon oba.
Here is to the king that gives strength for the hustle.
Kelechi's face glows because you cause it to radiate.
Mama mi's joints remain strong because you strengthen it.
Baami reaches greater heights because you bear him upon your back like an eagle.
With you, I remain unstoppable.
With you, a glorious future for my daughter is assured.
With you, the wars that wreck, are averted.
Through you, I find my peace.
This is a song of Daniel to my olowo ori.

003 (Song of Oluchi's praise)

Chineke nnam ndewo.
Onye ne nme obi m mma.
This is my praise to my Ayaya Abasi (beautiful).
My lips curl together, mind strings together vowels and consonants, vocal cords attempt to evoke a tone.
Yet, they can not create what I truly desire to say.
For You, my lord, has done indescribable things.
Aye, uncountable, uncontestable, irreversible, irreducible, unexplainable, irrevocable and every other ir- or un- that humans say are impossible.
From the day when papa shot his sling to the time I came first place in the race to the ovum.
From the moment maami took me into the daycare center and left me while I cried, to the day I strutted like a peacock to pick up my gifts as the best student on my graduation day.
From the moment I set my foot on the rich loam of Akwa-ibom, to the day an elderly Local Inspector placed a rectangular certificate in my tender fingers.
From the day my farmlands were dry as the Sahara, till the day the thunder crackled and unleashed a shower of blessings.
You alone have done this, and I give you praise.
This is a song of Oluchi Osadebe to my king.

004 (Song of Shola's praise)

Olorun oluda Ikirun.
Edumare oluwosan Estheri Aya oba ati Femi Fatoki.
My father in whom I find my peace.
This is my praise to one so good and so kind.
Owerri to Calvary, He went for me.
Sorry, on the way to Calvary, He went and wept for me.
Lifting that heavy cross with both hands and heaving it up the hill.
Eyes bearing the countenance of love, He kept on moving.
While I stood and mocked from the side of the road, He looked at me and whispered 'I forgive you'.
When I (janded) escaped into Ikirun town under the shadow of the dark, He still kept me safe.
When the pain of loss numbed my sense of right and wrong, He kept me sane.
When my brain betrayed me and people could not help me, He held me tight and took me through the dark and fearsome paths.
I opened my mouth and He filled it with eba.
Sorry, He filled it with laughter.
I opened my palms and He placed a staff of wisdom in it.
I opened my heart like a fallow land and He sowed seeds of roses within the ridges.
No wonder, I love without inhibition.
This is a song of Olushola Fatoki Osfeam to my Edumare.

005 (Song of Deborah's praise)

Chineke m. Onye nwe orji, Onye nwe ndu.
The keeper of my sweet sixteen mummy Ufoma.
The great physician of Gilead that heals daddy Kelvin.
This is my praise to the one who keeps my family safe.
I thank you for that day Jesus.
That day, I was 'jejely' sucking on my feeding bottle and watching SpongeBob SquarePants on Nickelodeon.
That day Chocho slept with a thumb stuck inside his little mouth.
That day when mummy and daddy got into a mini quarrel.
Thank you Jesus that they settled their squabble quickly.
For I do not know what would have happened if mama had gotten vexed to the extent of demanding a divorce.
For I do not know what would have happened if papa had raised his hands to slap mama.
For I do not know what would have happened if Chocho ever got to witness such a scene.
Thankfully, none of that happened.
And that is why I thank you Jesu.
Even though mama and papa may not act lovey-dovey all the time, their bond of love remains stronger everyday.
This is a song of Deborah Attah to my lord Jesus.

006 (Song of Nonso's praise)

Chukwu okike my father that reigns on high.
Chi na za ekpere ndi Orakwe na ndi Okwe.
This is a song of thanks to the one who causes Oge to blossom day by day under the Canadian sun.
This is a rendition of eulogies to the King who causes the Efedi family to arise from their beds with a gladdened heart.
Here, on my head, is a basket containing oranges of thanks for the beautiful omalicha mama that you have given me.
A basket containing mangos of praise for the strong warrior you provided to be my father through the years.
A basket of pineapples of thanks for the excellent mind you have given unto me.
Aye, a mind that is accompanied by crafty hands which have made gain and continue to make gain.
A mind that helped me scale through the fiery furnace of Engineering in that school nicknamed 'Unistress' and 'Unibend'
This is a song of Nonso Orakwe to my lord Jesus Christ.
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Consistency, By Anothernigerian / Response In The Storm( Poem ) / Haters Are The People Who Will Broadcast Your Failures And Whisper Your Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.