Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate (979 Views)

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by Limibanti(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2017
There is a popular saying that “happiness is a choice”, but what baffles me is that do we really have any sane human being that will choose to be sad? My opinion is that we all desire to be happy but circumstances determine the fate of many. I crave to be happy as a bird flying free in the bright blue sky but unfortunately at this present moment, happiness is a puzzle am trying so hard to fix.
As an un-employed Nigerian graduate with good moral etiquettes, life is crueler than hell, expectations seems to be unattainable , bills keeps piling up unpaid, potential employers/interviewers keeps turning you down after putting in so much effort , funds and time into job applications. Jobs are no longer given on merit, Religious leaders keeps trying hard to convince you that your case is spiritual, if this was to be true; I wonder why the gods have decided to turn on the heat on Nigerian graduates. I wish to own a business of mine but startup capital is so hard to come by, I can’t even fully focus on the skills am trying to acquire, my demands keeps distracting me. To make matters worse, I can’t even afford to stay in Lagos, the commercial hub of the nation, am currently staying in a neighboring city, I can only settle down with a friend if I have my own source of income. Yahoo (internet fraud) seems to be an attractive option but my moral standard won’t make me wallow in corrupt practices, gambling (football bet) might look appealing but it could be far worse if I decide to dabble into it. Sadness is dominating my life like a solar eclipse
I sleep with my problems, wake with my worries, my heart always whisper a silent prayer to my God, sometimes I get violent with my prayers and scream to God with my teary eyes, bang so hard on anything I could lay my hands. My only request is that I don’t want this current life am living, I want to be free from the shackles of sadness, I need to be happy. Heaven please shower your blessings on this frustrated Nigerian soul, I have paid my dues , I need to reap the reward, I am not lazy am not just opportune, idleness is a joy killer , my blood is boiling through my veins. I want to get my hands dirty; I want to sweat out my worries, my pains and bitterness. I know my prayers are heard, but they are just delayed for reasons unknown to me, God please shine your light on me, am losing strength, stamina and hope. I don’t know how long I can hold on, I need to have my joy back, have missed my happy days, once I get my joy back, I will guard it with my life and I promise to forever remain happy till am lowered into the ground. I need help my joy can only be granted with a source of income.
Thoughts of a frustrated Nigerian
Limibanti

3 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by sholaball: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
Bro you can't give up. Am equally job hunting in fact since I graduated and almost tru with nysc I started applying for jobs any vacancy I make sure I don't carry last. As for failure have equally had my own fair share. I banged KPMG, NIBBS. ACE,, the later was even d simplest to me but I was told I didn't meet d cut off mark if 70%. I couldn't cry, it felt like they poured cold water over me. My bones felt broken, the weight of expectation was crushing down on me. To make matter worse my frnd who wrote d KPMG test aced all d stages and he's a staff der now. At some point this year I felt down and the tot of not holding down a job this 2017 even crushed me harder. But I looked at d bigger picture, my hope is yet of God who can I turn to. So I started to pray and pray hard. I prayed for my friend set b4 he landed d job dat he would get it and that the grace upon his head God would give me same and more. This September I got many invites and I started to see d hand of God move remember b4 now have neva aced a major job test, God showed up and I aced one which I would say is d hardest have written. And success mail followed oda one I attempted. From dat moment I knew s backbone of failure was broken cause prior to that I tot maybe my village pple are dancing one corner dance on my head grin. Am yet without a job right now.....its still in d pipe and hopefully b4 year's end I would get d congratulatory mail. But have realised dat God is and would always be my hope. In failure or in success I would always trust him.
So I would implore u Op Neva get discouraged your cries into God are not unheard. Keep the faith and your testimony would come.
As for me I know this year I would be gainfully employed, my employment letter would be handed to me because those that call upon His name would not be ashamed.

6 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by Limibanti(m): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
sholaball:
Bro you can't give up. Am equally job hunting in fact since I graduated and almost tru with nysc I started applying for jobs any vacancy I make sure I don't carry last. As for failure have equally had my own fair share. I banged KPMG, NIBBS. ACE,, the later was even d simplest to me but I was told I didn't meet d cut off mark if 70%. I couldn't cry, it felt like they poured cold water over me. My bones felt broken, the weight of expectation was crushing down on me. To make matter worse my frnd who wrote d KPMG test aced all d stages and he's a staff der now. At some point this year I felt down and the tot of not holding down a job this 2017 even crushed me harder. But I looked at d bigger picture, my hope is yet of God who can I turn to. So I started to pray and pray hard. I prayed for my friend set b4 he landed d job dat he would get it and that the grace upon his head God would give me same and more. This September I got many invites and I started to see d hand of God move remember b4 now have neva aced a major job test, God showed up and I aced one which I would say is d hardest have written. And success mail followed oda one I attempted. From dat moment I knew s backbone of failure was broken cause prior to that I tot maybe my village pple are dancing one corner dance on my head grin. Am yet without a job right now.....its still in d pipe and hopefully b4 year's end I would get d congratulatory mail. But have realised dat God is and would always be my hope. In failure or in success I would always trust him.
So I would implore u Op Neva get discouraged your cries into God are not unheard. Keep the faith and your testimony would come.
As for me I know this year I would be gainfully employed, my employment letter would be handed to me because those that call upon His name would not be ashamed.

It is so inspiring. Just that life is hard currently and age is gradually counting against me
Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by sholaball: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Limibanti:

It is so inspiring. Just that life is hard currently and age is gradually counting against me

You right about dat bro. I have that fear myself but I don't dwell on it. My friend who I said jst got a job with KPMG turned 27 dis year b4 acing tru d final stage with d Partners. Don't let dat fear grip u. There are folks who graduated at 21 and not after 5yrs got a real job. Did I make mention of d fact dat this friend of mine at KPMG spent 5 years at home before he gained admission into the University. Dude jst keep the faith. I am.not promising you dat it would be easy, the fears would be there but the choice not to be overwhelmed by the fear is equally there. Go for d latter bro.....

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Exactly what I'm going through right now cry
Limibanti:
There is a popular saying that “happiness is a choice”, but what baffles me is that do we really have any sane human being that will choose to be sad? My opinion is that we all desire to be happy but circumstances determine the fate of many. I crave to be happy as a bird flying free in the bright blue sky but unfortunately at this present moment, happiness is a puzzle am trying so hard to fix.
As an un-employed Nigerian graduate with good moral etiquettes, life is crueler than hell, expectations seems to be unattainable , bills keeps piling up unpaid, potential employers/interviewers keeps turning you down after putting in so much effort , funds and time into job applications. Jobs are no longer given on merit, Religious leaders keeps trying hard to convince you that your case is spiritual, if this was to be true; I wonder why the gods have decided to turn on the heat on Nigerian graduates. I wish to own a business of mine but startup capital is so hard to come by, I can’t even fully focus on the skills am trying to acquire, my demands keeps distracting me. To make matters worse, I can’t even afford to stay in Lagos, the commercial hub of the nation, am currently staying in a neighboring city, I can only settle down with a friend if I have my own source of income. Yahoo (internet fraud) seems to be an attractive option but my moral standard won’t make me wallow in corrupt practices, gambling (football bet) might look appealing but it could be far worse if I decide to dabble into it. Sadness is dominating my life like a solar eclipse
I sleep with my problems, wake with my worries, my heart always whisper a silent prayer to my God, sometimes I get violent with my prayers and scream to God with my teary eyes, bang so hard on anything I could lay my hands. My only request is that I don’t want this current life am living, I want to be free from the shackles of sadness, I need to be happy. Heaven please shower your blessings on this frustrated Nigerian soul, I have paid my dues , I need to reap the reward, I am not lazy am not just opportune, idleness is a joy killer , my blood is boiling through my veins. I want to get my hands dirty; I want to sweat out my worries, my pains and bitterness. I know my prayers are heard, but they are just delayed for reasons unknown to me, God please shine your light on me, am losing strength, stamina and hope. I don’t know how long I can hold on, I need to have my joy back, have missed my happy days, once I get my joy back, I will guard it with my life and I promise to forever remain happy till am lowered into the ground. I need help my joy can only be granted with a source of income.
Thoughts of a frustrated Nigerian
Limibanti
Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
After studying hard in school and finishing with a good grade... cry
Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by Limibanti(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
tytob:
After studying hard in school and finishing with a good grade... cry

we just need to keep hope alive
Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by benzion72(m): 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
You almost win me to your pity party. So because you are graduate you deserve better life and the good things of this life.

Friend the world does not owe you anything you owe the world every talent and gift in you.

If unemployment is a problem for you why don't you find a solution other than the conventional begging to apply syndrome.

Forget about your degree toga almost everybody has that one even Msc, Phd Pwd etc. Think of what you can do, where you are with little you have and stop this your depressing thought. Quit you like men and fight for a space under the heaven.

Get the book tough time never last but tough people when the going get tough only the tough will get going

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by leketones(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Be contend with what u av nd whr u re and also believe God is in control. That's how to stay happy. With or without source of income,jst believe nd be contend. So far u re surviving. #unemployed graduates.
Re: Thoughts Of A Frustrated Nigerian Graduate by leketones(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=benzion72 post=61331054]You almost win me to your pity party. So because you are graduate you deserve better life and the good things of this life.

Friend the world does not owe you anything you owe the world every talent and gift in you.

If unemployment is a problem for you why don't you find a solution other than the conventional begging to apply syndrome.

Forget about your degree toga almost everybody has that one even Msc, Phd Pwd etc. Think of what you can do, where you are with little you have and stop this your depressing thought. Quit you like men and fight for a space under the heaven.

Get the book tough time never last but tough people when the going get tough only the tough will get going

[/quote ok

(1) (Reply)

Contec Global Infotech Limited Latest Recruitment (10 Positions) / Current Recruitment At Contec Global Group. / Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.