Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,346 members, 7,971,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 05:37 AM

FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service (28496 Views)

Man Saved By Doctors From Impaled Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo (Graphic Photo / Kenyan Boy's Hands Re-attached By Doctors After It Was Cut Off. Graphic Photos / All You Need To Know About Monkey Pox As Discussed Today By Doctors [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Bede2u(m): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
This silly move now will only make more qualified doctors to wanna leave this shithole of a country. Another brain drain is loading.
Wetin concern Alhaji Buhari when he can always go to U.k

Meanwhile, what happened to making Nigeria great again which the APC used to decieve us? Is Nigeria really becoming great again. Someone pls answer me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Donaldsonlaura: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
K
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Blue3k(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
OK it will be funny to watch them just quit and run thier private practice. Do it I don't care unless there's some big issue I'm not aware of.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
raker300:
You ban doctors here then fly abroad to recieve your own treatment
Same way he budgeted billions of naira for aso-villa clinic and always fly abroad to treat ordinary headache, very unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by bong4(m): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
If only this ban will improve the health sector and stop the President and others from going abroad for medical check up and treatment.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by 4rty(f): 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
Its a good development if they can stop it coz it has caused I don't care attitude in government hospitals while they are quick to refer you to their private hospitals for proper treatments because they know that one goes into their private purse.
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by ivolt: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Really?

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
Its already against the medical ethics to run a concurrent private practise while in the public service. But let's wait out the finer details though
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Jagabanmonerry(m): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2017
DONSMITH123:

who bi Jubrin again grin grin grin
Lwkm ooo
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
4rty:
Its a good development if they can stop it coz it has caused I don't care attitude in government hospitals while they are quick to refer you to their private hospitals for proper treatments because they know that one goes into their private purse.
Mademoiselle, no one is actually forced to go to the private hospital of the said doctor. If a patient isn't comfy with Doc A, he can always seek alternative care from Doc B or another facility.
Pls let's stop this distasteful habit of being quick to 'slut-shame' doctors.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by curvilicious: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:

The Sudanese impostor that left no syringe nor paracetamol in Aso clinic after taking N3.2B. Ask Aisha and zarah

Do you mean the suicide bomber of Daura and her daughter?
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
bakynes:

It has always been Illegal, that is not new because the authorities can't detect it. They use a somebody else's name with a Doctor's license working in private practise as registration name so they can easily get away with it.

Only the whistle blower act can help the Ministry of Health to achieve this.

Frenchfriez:
Its already against the medical ethics to run a concurrent private practise while in the public service. But let's wait out the finer details though

No it has not. IBB in 1988 or thereabout legalized the practice of combining public and private sector jobs in a bid to assuage doctors who had gone on strike. It is perfectly legal

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by jamesbridget13(f): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good move at least those doctors should face their job or business squarely.

The government should endeavour to equip its clinics pls
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Dearlord(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
Samusu:
Very good news.

Only if it's not coming from Laiye Muhammad

This very true and funny grin
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government has started the process that will lead to stopping doctors in public service from engaging in private practice.

The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, who briefed State House Correspondents alongside his Labour and Productivity counterpart, Chris Ngige, said this was the decision of the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.

Details later.....

http://punchng.com/breaking-fg-moves-to-ban-private-practice-by-doctors/

That would be impossible and unimplementable. If they insist, it would only just lead to massive brain drain.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by MrHenshaw: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Federal Government has started the process that will lead to stopping doctors in public service from engaging in private practice.

The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, who briefed State House Correspondents alongside his Labour and Productivity counterpart, Chris Ngige, said this was the decision of the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.

Details later.....

http://punchng.com/breaking-fg-moves-to-ban-private-practice-by-doctors/

Joke of the year!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by curvilicious: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
ObamaOsama:
the only good thing he as done as the president of this country

Has it been done?
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by lexy2014: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
anibi9674:
it's a welcome development but trust Nigerians to always beat the system.
I agree with u.but when will d govt ban govt functionaries from seeking medical attention abroad? If they patronise govt hospitals, which doctor will leave his duty post if d president or a senior govt official or big man is under his care in a govt hospital?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by itsandi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Na their work
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Masterchef(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hypocrisy!!! The same minister operated a private clinic while he was a consultant at UCH Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by pat077: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
They will always find a way around it. No b Niger we dey
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Zeromoney(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
This is a good move. Now when is there going to be ban in place for public office holders traveling abroad for medical treatment?
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by pointstores(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by ibidokun2016(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
Better
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by hisgrace090: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
A welcome idea.
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

No it has not. IBB in 1988 or thereabout legalized the practice of combining public and private sector jobs in a bid to assuage doctors who had gone on strike. It is perfectly legal
Bros read between the lines of my comment. Medical ethics isn't the same as 'legal' or 'unconstitutional'.
You can't know my profession more than me na.
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Unitedsurgicals: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
F.G should also look into the issue before taking action, private practice allows them to compliment FG effort and they should increase their allowance for better concentration.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by contigiency(m): 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
This is a welcome development, most of this people now spend more time in their private clinics than the place they are working. They even corner most cases and refer them to their private clinics where they bill the common man exorbitantly. The high and mighty ones divert medical consumables to their private clinics. They commit all these and after some intervals turn to the same government they are sabotaging and ask for jumbo pay and in most cases proceed on strike action.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Bros read between the lines of my comment. Medical ethics isn't the same as 'legal' or 'unconstitutional'.
You can't know my profession more than me na.

It is both legal and ethical.
Diverting patients is unethical, deliberately reducing attention given to patients is unethical. Practicing medicine in two places is NOT inherently unethical. Problematic maybe, but that does not equal unethical. In fact I would think that if the government went ahead with this plan, they could face a constitutional challenge in the courts.
FYI I am a doctor too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by Soulsymbol99: 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:

The Sudanese impostor that left no syringe nor paracetamol in Aso clinic after taking N3.2B. Ask Aisha and zarah

Ur mean grin
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by emmanude(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
grin grin grin
Samusu:
Very good news.

Only if it's not coming from Laiye Muhammad
Re: FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service by hardon1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
where will this lead to. I dont even know the kind of lawmakers we have. Cant somebody do business as a medical doctor again. If doctors shouldnt own businesses then same should apply to every public office holder including politicians, workers in govt ministries and parastatals cos they are all govt workers

anyway If dem like ban, when u dont pay salaries and upgrade the hospitals it will lead to nothing

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Virgin Girl See Her Period ? / Twins Conceived Naturally Can Have Two Biological Fathers — Experts / Lady Recounts How Carelessness Made Her Lose Her Partner At FMC, Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.