Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,191 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance (1462 Views)

Protesters Sleep On The Road To Demand Saraki's Resignation / Nigerians March In Support Of Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram / Non-Indigenes Of Lagos March To INEC Office To Demand PVCs (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2010
ojimbo IV:

the house of reps and senate are a bunch of gutless redundant twats. they invoked a 'doctrine of necessity' out of nowhere because it was expedient. a simple solution to calm the polity. its 2weeks and they have no agenda to solving the major problem.

Cos they are all busy looking for how to make money and make sure their bid for office next year never fail.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by SkyBlue1: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
ojimbo IV:

the house of reps and senate are a bunch of gutless redundant twats. they invoked a 'doctrine of necessity' out of nowhere because it was expedient. a simple solution to calm the polity. its 2weeks and they have no agenda to solving the major problem.

While I completely understand that your comments might be as a reasult of justifiable frustration, I would tell you that there is more to it than that. You can't just paint the whole house and senate with one brush. The first step to holding our house members and senators responsible is to get rid of voice voting. Painting them all in one brush while understandable, is just plain lazy and almost cowardly. We need to start fishing out those enemies of progress. Get in contact with your reps. Get in contact with Bankole and David Mark or their offices, and ask why on earth we still use voice voting, when it takes away accountability from house members? Speaking with my own representative has cast more light on the issue. Get rid of voice voting and let us see who stands for what. At the end of the day, it is a democracy. Just because a vote or resolution was passed does not mean it was unanimous or there was no opposition to it. Just means the "nays" got it.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
Sky Blue:

While I completely understand that your comments might be as a reasult of justifiable frustration, I would tell you that there is more to it than that. You can't just paint the whole house and senate with one brush. The first step to holding our house members and senators responsible is to get rid of voice voting. Painting them all in one brush while understandable, is just plain lazy and almost cowardly. We need to start fishing out those enemies of progress. Get in contact with your reps. Get in contact with Bankole and David Mark or their offices, and a,sk why on earth we still use voice voting, when it takes away accountability from house members? Speaking with my own representative has cast more light on the issue.

You seems to finally understanding where i am coming from.
No one has asked for the head of the law breakers since the whole saga started and i think they all need to go in the next election, except those that blv that we need to invoke the part of our constitution to get rid of Mallam Yaradua
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by SkyBlue1: 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You seems to finally understanding where i am coming from.
No one has asked for the head of the law breakers since the whole saga started and i think they all need to go in the next election, except those that blv that we need to invoke the part of our constitution to get rid of Mallam Yaradua

No offence, but my stance on this issue has been thesame for quite a while. That is why at one point I was posting links to house members and senators at; urging people to get involved. But hey, all people seem to like to do here is talk and "proffer solutions", as long as they don't have to act.

Fhemmmy:

Cos they are all busy looking for how to make money and make sure their bid for office next year never fail.

You seem to be falling in thesame line with the poster I was responding to. It is a democracy. We need to get rid of voice voting so we all know where each person stands by seeing what he votes on. Saying all members of the house and senate are all money chasing or whatever, is just a tad arrogant and to be honest shows a lazy citizenry. If the "yays" are more than the "nays", then the "yays" win. You get that, right? Does that mean there were no "nays"? We need to know who is "yay" or "nay" for all the issues and by so doing, begin to reveal the enemies of progress. I was even querying my rep as to why there is still voice voting considering there is some committee that attends to the funtions of the house. Contact Bankole and MArk. No more voice voting.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by jimmysho(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
was there life and am grateful to God that am part of history. i arrived abuja from kaduna last night so that my protest against the ruling class will not just be in the comfort of my terrain like some unheard frustrated angry cyber warriors
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by violent(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hon. Bankole Dimeji-------- bdimeji@nassnig.org ---- Speaker of the House of Representatives

Hon. Bayero Usman Nafada--- bnafada@nassnig.org ----234 (0)72 222 003 -----Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives

Hon. Tunde Akogun------ 08034744582----- House Leader

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon----- igodomigodo2003@yahoo.com -----Member

Flood their email address and phone numbers with emails as well as text messages, support the protest anywhere you are in the world!
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by violent(m): 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
Sen. (Dr)David A.B Mark------ 044-662202, 08035008888 ---- Senate President!

Sen. Ike Ekweremadu------- +234 80-33029024, +234 9 5234915 ----Deputy Senate President.

Sen. Teslim Folarin-------- 08056147732------ Senate Leader
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by ojimboIV: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
@sky b,
maybe you should start a thread on voice voting. the issue on ground is both houses have failed us on their lukewarmness to act and that is why i stand by my statement, which may be 'cowardly' and 'lazy' to you - no problem. and yes i took your advice. just sent a strongly worded email to my house of rep member.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by princekevo(m): 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2010
It is ashame that some Nigerians are marching in demand for a dead man among the living.
We have an acting president already so we dont care wheather he is dead or alive.
I think by now our useless NAAS would have done the right thing by saving us from having presidential mandate with a dead man. They should impeach the man whether dead or alive.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by violent(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know which ranks higher, the senate or the house of rep?
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by SkyBlue1: 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
ojimbo IV:

@sky b,
maybe you should start a thread on voice voting. the issue on ground is both houses have failed us on their lukewarmness to act and that is why i stand by my statement, which may be 'cowardly' and 'lazy' to you - no problem. and yes i took your advice. just sent a strongly worded email to my house of rep member.

Personally I prefer phonecalls, but believe it or not, that is action (although I don't know the content of your mail or if it was specific in addressing an issue). I meant no offence, but hopefully if you read my posts again, you would see where I am coming from. There are very questionable interest groups in the house of reps and senate. We keep talking about cabal this and cabal that and we would all like to believe that all members of the house of rep and senate are corrupt and thieves, etc. But fortunately/unfortunately (and this might blow your mind), that is not the case. The house is democratic. You can see some guys get up and give stirring speeches that show they are conversant on the issues that affect the citizenry, but when it comes to voting it is all "yay" and "nay" shouting that is used to vote, like some market place.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by SkyBlue1: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
violent:

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone knows which ranks higher, the senate or the house of rep?
The senate is seen as the upper house, so in that respect, some see the senate as ranking higher. But the house of reps is (meant to be) a more democratic representative of the people (more members from a wider section of the Nigerian populace)
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by violent(m): 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Sky B

Alright thanks. . .

Let's keep the messages flowing guys!
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by princekevo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2010
violent:

Hon. Bankole Dimeji-------- bdimeji@nassnig.org ---- Speaker of the House of Representatives

Hon. Bayero Usman Nafada--- bnafada@nassnig.org ----234 (0)72 222 003 -----Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives

Hon. Tunde Akogun------ 08034744582----- House Leader

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon----- igodomigodo2003@yahoo.com -----Member

Flood their email address and phone numbers with emails as well as text messages, support the protest anywhere you are in the world!
Hey man the email you posted for the speaker and deputy, bounced back(delivery failure) Dont think it's working.

This is the Postfix program at host nassweb.dreamhost.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not bebe delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the attached returned message. The Postfix program <m9418453@nassweb.dreamhost.com> (expanded from <bnafada@nassnig.org>wink: maildirdelivery failed: error writing message: Disk quota exceeded

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
To: bdimeji@nassnig.org; bnafada@nassnig.org
Subject: SAVE THE DYING NATION
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:56:07 +0000
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by hillsate: 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
Fhemmy, sorry about this but fir the first time i am disappointed at your responses. Are u still fhemmy or has someone hijacked your password?
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by Fhemmmy: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2010
hillsate:

Fhemmy, sorry about this but fir the first time i am disappointed at your responses. Are u still fhemmy or has someone hijacked your password?

Lol . . . Still Fhemmy, but like i said, i like the placards that i saw, and now i have changed my mind.
try to understand my frustration, it is important that we just dont go after Yaradua, the law breakers that refused to do something needs to get the wrath of the people as well.
Re: Nigerians March To Demand Ailing Leader's Appearance by SkyBlue1: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hmm. The protest was shown briefly on CNN (World One)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omo Baba Ijebu Sweeps Remo / The Revolution Started In Nigeria! / Between Gej And Wife; What Is Wrong With This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.