Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,307 members, 7,974,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:58 PM

10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp (2672 Views)

Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Maggots In Food Served At Kebbi NYSC Camp: How True Is This Photo? / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by Corpang: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Okay… Before you even start your preparation for orientation camp , you have to set your mind on what to expect , what to buy , things not to take and all but most importantly you need to know some important info about camp.
Nysc Orientation Camp is a once in a life opportunity . its a time you really meet different kind of individuals most especially for the butty children and those who went to private university. You will meet , live and learn from strangers. At the end of the day, our experiences might be different but having a fore-knowledge of what to expect will reduce your “camp-shock.”
For some this would be a 3 weeks to remember . Try to prepare well as much as you can for the 3 weeks of camp life:
NUMBER 1: HAVE ENOUGH CASH FOR SPENDING.
Yes o . everything in camp is about money . You pay to charge phones , pay to wash , some pay to eat (mammi). pay to even use clean toilets. So just try o and have enough cash.But having experienced being broke (you might not get an ATM to withdraw money), I’ll say please bring pocket money… But also learn to budget. Don’t spend extravagantly… Be very frugal in your spending. Don’t buy everything you see… Also don’t allow camp photographers take pictures of you randomly- of course unless it is part of your plan. Be kind to others but also ensure you are not careless with your spending.
NUMBER 2: THE TOILETS & BATHROOMS
These is another aspect to prepare for. Most camps if not all do not have good toilets and bathrooms. Some people have to bath outside , some in the bush and like i said in number 1 if you have money you could pay around to use a clean one . Just do not expect to see a good one . Some people have to wake up as early as 3 am to have their bath .
NUMBER 3: SECURITY
Security should be your watch word right from the first minute you step into camp till after you step out of camp. You don’t know the kind of human beings you would mix up with. Just try as much as possible to have a kind of safe lock for your bags. Most importantly you don’t have to show off or flaunt what you have then you are calling the petty thieves to come collect what they want. Note that nothing is too small to be stolen o!. Be very careful with your belongings… For example, don’t leave your phone or purse on your bed and turn away for a minute. Don’t get me wrong, the camp is pretty safe. But some cases of theft were reported in my hostel as well as others. There are no locks on hostel doors so everyone including non-corpers (e.g. women who hawk goods) have access to these hostels. So, ensure you up your skills in keeping your things safe.
NUMBER 4 :KITCHEN FOOD
I never ate camp food for once ,i only used my kitchen card to collect bread once. It all depends on you ,Some corpers are ‘allergic’ to eating from camp kitchen so they end up spending a huge part of their pocket-money in ‘Mami market.’ The government paid loads to ensure you have three square meal per day. Don’t miss the opportunity to use your meal ticket. Okay, they don’t cook the best meal. But trust me, it is not that bad. You can complement what the kitchen provide with fruits from Mammi market.

Continue reading: https://corpa.ng/10-things-know-prepare-camp/

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by Damibiz(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nice one'..........

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by femcentz: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
good...... but correct rugged guy no need any of this...

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by Emmy9ite(m): 11:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by obajohn(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Good information.
Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by Superbanke: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
There are so many things one needs to know before going to camp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m629DrOhcjU heres a detailed video
Re: 10 Things To Know As You Prepare For NYSC Camp by Superbanke: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
There are so many things one needs to know before going to camp, i was literally ignorant on all, but just ensure you catch fun in camp Trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m629DrOhcjU heres a detailed video

(1) (Reply)

(read) Best Nysc Camp Moments In Delta State Camp By Emmerich09 / Congrats to all Batch B 2012/2013 corpers as they pass out of NYSC today / Nysc Batch B 2012 Pop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.