Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,012 members, 7,873,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect (379 Views)

I Went Into Robbery To Give My Mum Befitting Burial - Suspect Arrested In Delta / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect / Mother Of 4: I Moved Into Robbery From Prostitution After My Husband Left Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect by PenPrince07: 11:43am On Oct 12, 2017
man identified as Chukwuma Okoro has confessed to going into robbery so he could pay his wife’s bride price.

He made the confession while being paraded by the Police in Akure, the Ondo state capital on Wednesday.

Okoro, who was paraded with three other men, was arrested after he attacked a salesgirl, who was about making a deposit in a bank of over N500,000 in Akure.

According to reports, he traced the girl with an Okada (a motorcycle) before attacking her but was later arrested by sympathisers.

Okoro said his bid to satisfy his wife by paying the N300,000 her family demanded for as bride price lured him into the crime.

The vegetable seller further said his wife ran away from the house due to his inability to pay the money.

“It is my wife that pushed me into it. I have never stolen in my life. She ran away from my house since three weeks ago and has been begging to come back,” the suspect said.

“So I started looking for money to pay her bride price before she comes back. There is no way I can get N300,000; that is why I tried to rob.”

According to the Police Command’s spokesman, Femi Joseph, the robbery suspect, who was found with a pistol, will be charged to court soon.

https://www.concisenews.global/news/i-went-into-robbery-to-pay-my-wifes-bride-price-suspect/

Re: I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect by Holuwarsweun(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2017
Wonders shall never end
Re: I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect by AdeSource: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Vegetable seller
Asked to pay 300k as bride price
The bride's family and their ancestors must be mad asking a vegetable seller to pay that kind of money. Does he even make up to that in a year? Later they will say they're not selling their daughter. Even slaves do not cost as much back then.
If you wan sell your daughter, put her for OLX. WTF!!!
Re: I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect by EDSONSMITH(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2017
Yeye man, Is she the only woman in the whole world, why not go to other state and marry if you can't afford the ones in your state, when those gay inmates enter your anus finish you go know Jesus is Lord. angry
Re: I Went Into Robbery To Pay My Wife’s Bride Price – Suspect by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Oct 12, 2017

(1)

45 Boko Haram Members Sentenced To 3-31 Years In Prison For Terrorism. / Somebody Should Go Sweep That Road Block Before Isiokolo Secondary School / Police Officer, DSS Operative In Free For All At Bauchi Emir’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.