Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,028 members, 7,933,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:43 AM

Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! (8254 Views)

Troop Foils Boko Haram Attack On Military And Civilians (photos) / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by hackney(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
At this rate, there seems to be no difference between the politicians and the military
in terms of national development.

Honestly, i couldnt care less.
grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool grin cheesy wink wink kiss kiss undecided.

Mwuaaah!!
lmao
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by amarilo: 2:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Nzeribe was and is only interested in what is best for Nzeribe.
Nzeribe helped the General Ankrah govt that overthrew Nkrumah (at the behest of certain foreign powers) Nzeribe was kicked out of Ghana in 1969 for bribery and corruption and General Ankrah was forced to resign over this scandal, so nobody should hoodwink us and say the source of his wealth is clean.
So do the mighty CIA that everybody celebrate today.

Whether Ghana or Nigeria - looting is looting,
Britain is rich today cuz of the wealth they looted from Africa. Do you call British people looters?

This man is stupendously wealthy but sadly there is no evidence of his wealth touching the lives of his people.
 Have you been to Oguta to know that? Atleast i know or Arthur Nzeribe Foundation and a cousin benefited from his scholarship but am not from Oguta.

We should reject his type of avaricious leadership and consign it to the dustbin.
hehehehe i don't know of any leader in Nigeria that is better than him.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SapeleGuy: 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
Afam:

What constitutes bribe in one environment may not in another.

Even in the US law makers and senators collect bribes but they use the word lobbying to make sound like anything but bribe.

If the only crime you can attribute to Nzeribe today is that is collecting bribe from foreign contractors in Ghana then there is no case against the man.

A Nigerian being important to the extent that foreigner even give him bribe to influence decisions in another country Ghana!

Maybe he is as guilty as Bush that came to Nigeria a couple of weeks ago as he has no business coming down here if not to influence something as he was not on holidays.

Because they do it in America doesn't make it right. Bribe nah Bribe location is irrelevant. On this point of openly condoning corruption we shall agree to disagree.

Officially, Bush & Blair came to attend a Malaria convention, the visit also served to warn certain people to remain in their mountain top retreat.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
Afam:

It is obvious that the Udenwa's daughter you are talking about knows nothing about Nzeribe.

Nzeribe made his money outside Nigeria, does not get involved in government contracts and that was the reason why he compiled names of powerful Nigerians in 1999 and made it clear that we can tackle corruption if we are serious by simply matching assets to people and asking them to explain the source.

Is the man very rich? Yes. Is he one of the corrupt politicians that have looted Nigeria dry? No.

Love him or hate him I prefer people like this man at the helm of affairs as they always say things the way they are.

So, Udenwa's daughter would do well to focus on the money her father looted rather than finding it difficult to understand how Nzeribe became so rich.

I grease your elbows again for resisting the temptation of joining the fray in castigating Nzeribe for his comments about Nigeria and military takeover and able to let out hidden facts about the man. Nzeribe had been seriously wealthy before joining Nigeria political game of get-rich-quick. The man has every inalienable privilege to voice his concerns about dilapidated Nigeria.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by tolu001: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2010
@afam nzeribe wan in the senate 4times and he did not steal a dime from the nigerian government u must be a F.O.O.L
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SapeleGuy: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2010
Kai !! I shake my head in sorrow. Some of you are quick to call others traitors / sabo but here you are celebrating a man who sold weapons to both sides during the Biafra war.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
tolu001:

@afam  nzeribe wan in the senate  4times and he did not steal a dime from the nigerian government u must be a F.O.O.L

When next you see your father tell him exactly what you put down here.

Only idiots like you will leave the issues to insult others simply because the facts of the matter don't favor him silly pig.

Salaries and allowances paid to senators cannot be equated to stealing.

Winning an election cannot be equated to stealing or looting.

Not that I expect you to understand these things because in my opinion you are just an egg head looking for attention. I am stating these things so that others will see through what lies have done to this country.

Don't forget to say the same thing to your mother also just in case your father doesn't understand you - a huge possibility.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Kai !! I shake my head in sorrow. Some of you are quick to call others traitors / sabo but here you are celebrating a man who sold weapons to both sides during the Biafra war.

That is the way some people are. Everyone else is guilty except them.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2010
Afam:

When next you see your father tell him exactly what you put down here.

Only idiots like you will leave the issues to insult others simply because the facts of the matter don't favor him silly pig.

Salaries and allowances paid to senators cannot be equated to stealing.

Winning an election cannot be equated to stealing or looting.

Not that I expect you to understand these things because in my opinion you are just an egg head looking for attention. I am stating these things so that others will see through what lies have done to this country.

Don't forget to say the same thing to your mother also just in case your father doesn't understand you - a huge possibility.

He insulted you and you insulted him back; thats fine but there is no need to bring his parents into this.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

You don't have any right to dictate to the Igbos who they should celebrate. You seem not to understand where your rights stop and where the rights of others begin.

The facts clearly show that he is not corrupt and that is what matter here and that makes him a very bold wealthy Nigerian that is never afraid to say what many people may want to say but would not for fear of being exposed for the corrupt ways.

Stop crying more than the bereaved. You will never be in a position to advise the Igbos on who to castigate just as many of us have consistently failed in trying to make the Igbos see Ojukwu as the problem when in fact we are still witnessing what he complained about and fought for today.

How does it sound when you hear people talk about secession because they think Nigeria is not working? Funny and silly if you asked me sha.

Katsumoto:

He insulted you and you insulted him back; thats fine but there is no need to bring his parents into this.

You don't set the rules and you will never have the power to set the rules.

I never insult people but will always respond to insults in kind. Try me and see.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Nzeribe was and is only interested in what is best for Nzeribe.

Nzeribe helped the General Ankrah govt that overthrew Nkrumah (at the behest of certain foreign powers) Nzeribe was kicked out of Ghana in 1969 for bribery and corruption and General Ankrah was forced to resign over this scandal, so nobody should hoodwink us and say the source of his wealth is clean.

Whether Ghana or Nigeria - looting is looting.

This man is stupendously wealthy but sadly there is no evidence of his wealth touching the lives of his people.
We should reject his type of avaricious leadership and consign it to the dustbin.

Is this a mere hearsay or conjectural load of rubbish? It seems like a desperate endeavor to smear the person of Nzeribe. I know for fact that General Joe Ankrah was dismissed from the Ghanaian armed forces in 1965 for attempting coup.

I also know that both Majors Kwasi Kotoka and Akwasi Afrifa led the coup that sent Nkrumah on endless vacation in 1966. Also, it is fact that Lt Gen Joe Ankrah was brought back to the armed forces to lead the military revolutionary council in February 1966 after the sacking of Nkrumah’s government in Ghana.

Please I should be interested in the details of Ankrah’s involvement in the coup if you would not mind.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dede1:

Is this a mere hearsay or conjectural load of rubbish? It seems like a desperate endeavor to smear the person of Nzeribe. I know for fact that General Joe Ankrah was dismissed from the Ghanaian armed forces in 1965 for attempting coup.

I also know that both Majors Kwasi Kotoka and Akwasi Afrifa led the coup that sent Nkrumah on endless vacation in 1966. Also, it is fact that Lt Gen Joe Ankrah was brought back to the armed forces to lead the military revolutionary council in February 1966 after the sacking of Nkrumah’s government in Ghana.

Please I should be interested in the details of Ankrah’s involvement in the coup if you would not mind.

This is a result of desperation on the part of those that want to crucify the man at all costs.

As they say, truth is constant while lies will always fall like pack of cards.

I didn't even bother digesting his comments on Ankrah as I focused on what Nigerians could readily associate him.

Yet again another planned defamation is shot down by facts. One wonders what they will turn to now.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Jakumo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
Author Nzeribe is a long-time weapons dealer, and so it is perfectly natural for him to try his utmost to destabilize Nigeria, in order that can get back to selling guns and making the sort of profits he accrued during the Biafran War.

Every waking moment of Author Nzeribe is spent praying feverishly for war in sub-Saharan Africa, for he is the quitessential Dog of War, all sentiments aside.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Ibime(m): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
Abagworo:

name please

Cant tell you which one. Could be any of the 4. [size=3pt]Your exact age-mate[/size]. Lets leave it there.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SapeleGuy: 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dede1 - with all the articulated grammar wey you dey knack for here, you wan tell me say you never do this research? E be like say you dey slack. The documents have been declassified for about 3 or 4 years now.

Lt. General Joseph Arthur Ankrah became head of state and chairman of the national liberation council on Feb 24th 1966 after the foot soldiers (although they later experienced rapid promotion) you mentioned had done the leg work. For a general, I don't know how much more involvement you want to see.

Afam - where are the lies that have been told about ankrah or nzeribe?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by youngies(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

Author Nzeribe is a long-time weapons dealer, and so it is perfectly natural for him to try his utmost to destabilize Nigeria, in order that can get back to selling guns and making the sort of profits he accrued during the Biafran War.

Every waking moment of Author Nzeribe is spent praying feverishly for war in sub-Saharan Africa, for he is the quitessential Dog of War, all sentiments aside.

What is the difference between him and the man selling casket by the road side of Lagos-Ibadan express way? Who is ever praying fervently for a massive fatality on that road each blessed day for business to be good

Both are business men. What is their crime?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Jakumo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
youngies:

What is the difference between him and the man selling casket by the road side of Lagos-Ibadan express way? He is ever praying fervently for a massive fatality on that road each blessed day for business to be good

Both are business men. What is their crime?

Agreed. From an existentialist standpoint, there is no crime committed by the likes of Nzeribe, for all who do not fall into the line of fire when the chit hits the fan. From those who do find themselves fleeing for cover when the shooting starts, one would naturally expect a much different opinion than ours. One man's business can translate into another man's hell, or a nation's downfall.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by youngies(m): 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Jakumo

The point is that we all tend to have ulterior motive most of the time we take a position in the mix of activities surrounding us
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Fhemmmy: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
I am just speechless.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2010
Chei, see double standard.!!! shocked. Now because an Nzeribe is the issue, such comments like that are now allowed.
No matter what a military regime cannot compare to a democracy, no matter the imperfection.

We are having 774 local govts today because of some military fiat. And mind you those 774 local govts (and more of such fiats) are the source of our democratic imperfections and problems today.

Plsease no Military rule.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
ilugunboy:

Chei, see double standard.!!! shocked. Now because an Nzeribe is the issue, such comments like that are now allowed.
No matter what a military regime cannot compare to a democracy, no matter the imperfection.

We are having 774 local govts today because of some military fiat. And mind you those 774 local govts (and more of such fiats) are the source of our democratic imperfections and problems today.

Plsease no Military rule.

Then tell then civilian leader to act up
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Dede1 - with all the articulated grammar wey you dey knack for here, you wan tell me say you never do this research? E be like say you dey slack. The documents have been declassified for about 3 or 4 years now.

Lt. General Joseph Arthur Ankrah became head of state and chairman of the national liberation council on Feb 24th 1966 after the foot soldiers (although they later experienced rapid promotion) you mentioned had done the leg work. For a general, I don't know how much more involvement you want to see.

Afam - where are the lies that have been told about ankrah or nzeribe?

Look pal; let us bury the sentiments regardless where the pendulum swings. Lt Gen Joe Ankrah was dismissed from the Ghanaian armed forces in 1965 by Nkrumah government for the wrong reason of being implicated in a coup plot.

Then come the really coup in February of 1966 led by middle rank officers of Ghanaian armed forces. Thank goodness Ghanaians were not loafers as Nigerians who turned a coup into a tribal macabre. 

I shall give you the benefit of doubt because of your believes in conspiracy theory. Neither Afrifa nor Kotoka ever insinuated during or long after the debacle of February 1966 that saw the overthrow of Nkrumah that Lt Gen. Joseph Ankrah was involve in the coup.

The coup plotters might have sympathized with Ankrah who was first commissioned officer in Ghanaian armed forces as result of the treatment meted to him by the Nkrumah led government. We should avoid soaking up with hearsay and innuendos when setting up information that could give a wrong interpretation.   

I recalled that your post never even tried to employ word such as alleged or implicated when you dealt Nzeribe and Ankrah with smearing blow of embezzlement and coup
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SapeleGuy: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2010
On Ankrah, i will simply say "If you no chop the soup, no take am rub mouth". Bear in mind he was already retired at the time of the coup, he could have told kotoka and afrifa, thanks but no thanks. By not doing so he was complicit.

Back to topic, Are you saying that your man didn't sell weapons to both the federal and biafran sides?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by AndreUweh(m): 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
Nzeribe is making all this utterances now that he is no longer a senator. Why did he not call for military intervention when he was a senator?.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Nzeribe is making all this utterances now that he is no longer a senator. Why did he not call for military intervention when he was a senator?.

Have u ever seen a man that will wanna block where him dey chop?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by chidichris(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2010
if this topic is on the idea of bringing the millitary back to power, i welcome it 200% but if it is about nzeribe's wealth, i can tell u that nzeribe is 1 million times better than all our politicians.
at least, non of us have been able to point to any fraudulent contract awarded to or by nzeribe.
if there was a case against ghana govt, who is charge? nigerians or ghanians?
let us not change the topic of this thread.
our so-called politicians have failed us and as it stands, millitary can be the only way out.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Jakumo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

"If you no chop the soup, no take am rub mouth".

Ha ha ha please elaborate on the meaning of the above wisdom, SapeleGuy, and I will not accept "who no know go know" or " e get as e be" as an answer.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

Ha ha ha please elaborate on the meaning of the above wisdom, SapeleGuy, and I will not accept "who no know go know" or " e get as e be" as an answer.

It means don't handle the murder weapon if you didn't commit the said murder.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Jakumo(m): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
Katsumoto:

It means don't handle the murder weapon if you didn't commit the said murder.

Ah so. Domo ari-gato Katsumoto. This one has been added to my collection.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

On Ankrah, i will simply say "If you no chop the soup, no take am rub mouth". Bear in mind he was already retired at the time of the coup, he could have told kotoka and afrifa, thanks but no thanks. By not doing so he was complicit.

Back to topic, Are you saying that your man didn't sell weapons to both the federal and biafran sides?

My friend, as much as I like the adage of "If you no chop the soup, no take am rub mouth", it has to be posited that Lt Gen Joseph Ankrah did not retire but was dismissed on a frivolous charge of attempting a coup.

I have never come across an iota of evidence that suggested Nzeribe sold arms to both Nigeria and Biafra. So far it has been conjectural craps equal in importance to beer parlor gossip.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SapeleGuy: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

Jakumo, Katsumoto's answer is spot on.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 9:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

douitashimashite Jakumo san
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don’t Take The Law Into Your Hands, Buhari Tells Supporters / BUHARI'S MINISTERS: Amaechi, Fashola, Others Make List / See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.