Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,784 members, 7,909,014 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:58 PM

Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe (6185 Views)

My Cafe Needs Help. / How To Monitor A Wireless Laptop Connected To My Cafe? / My Cafe's Internet Connection Is Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by badboym: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2010
One other thing is hope you know how to prevent hackers from hacking into other people's box ?.Has any customer ever complained?If yes that is another reason why people fail to patronize cafes.I know of a Cafe lots of people used patronize in my neighborhood.Lots of yahoo boys would say they like it cos whenever they browsed there,they made money.

After some years some customers started complaining about people hacking into their box.The owner failed to do something about it and that's how the Cafe closed down.So that's another thing to look out for.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by onyengbu1(m): 11:04am On Mar 13, 2010
Some people here are saying cafe business dead because they bought starcomms yesterday. In developed countries where almost everyone owns laptop and internet access is as simple as plugging your laptop in a socket they still have cybercafes.
What is even the ratio of people that need daily internet access and have it in their homes to the ones that need it but dont have it.
Again, Is it everywhere you take your laptop to?

Bottom line. For intending cafe owners, if you dont understand the business, dont go into it.
Many people i know have made and are still making money from cafe yet even more are closing down like our poster friend here.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kay80(m): 11:36am On Mar 13, 2010
jenti:

I have a cafe too and d biz is becoming worrisome. Which ISP can u recommend.I pay heavily to Gilat - about 200k monthly on 128/196k for C-band. I have had conflicting report. Some say Ariave, Others say DOPC . Is there anyone with a working knowledge of the right ISP. I have 20 systems

Why dont you try DOPC. You can get a cheaper price at N 217,350 for 200/512 kbps. It is unlimited and should be able to carry your 20 systems. Try to visit their office at ilupeju for more details.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by biggjoe(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2010
kay80:

Why dont you try DOPC. You can get a cheaper price at N 217,350 for 200/512 kbps. It is unlimited and should be able to carry your 20 systems. Try to visit their office at ilupeju for more details.

I have not used any Nigerian ISP and from what I have heard, they are not to be trusted, especially DOPC.

Anybody that really want to do cafe business should ignore Nigerian ISPs, period.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by JUO(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2010
Bottom line. For intending cafe owners, if you dont understand the business, dont go into it.
Many people i know have made and are still making money from cafe yet even more are closing down like our poster friend here.

ur question has been anwsered
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2010
na wa for oyb. angry
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Joe50(m): 6:57pm On Mar 13, 2010
i posted a threat last year which says "PHONE USERS WHEN DID YOU GO TO CAFE LAST"
80% says, it has been long they visited cafe. It only one or two things that can make them to go cafe. Like: printing, downloading heavy files, doing registration.
For me, its only these things that can make me go to cafe.
Anything like surfing the net, checking mails, charting, are done using my phone.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kolnel: 7:12pm On Mar 13, 2010
i opened my cafe just last january, like most biz it was challenging, rite now i dont make less than 10k per day, what matters most in any biz is the location and customer relation. Ipnx is doing well as a isp putting in mind that all isp has their downtime, gilat inclusive, moreover dopc sucks.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kay80(m): 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2010
kolnel:

i opened my cafe just last january, like most biz it was challenging, rite now i dont make less than 10k per day, what matters most in any biz is the location and customer relation. Ipnx is doing well as a isp putting in mind that all isp has their downtime, gilat inclusive, moreover dopc sucks.

Thanks for the info. Someone suggested that anybody that really want to do cafe business should ignore Nigerian ISPs. Do IPNX [/b]use nigerian ip address? if no, then how do use a foreign ip that is not too costly? I am sure that using a foreign ip can boost the cafe business.
Also, i learnt from IPNX website that one can combine internet browsing with faxing and telephoning business on their modem. Does that means one will be buying additional devices like fax machine and box phone with the modem?

[b]Kolnel,
Please shed more light on this.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by pixiraver(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ Poster, you can save your business by adding other business options to your current business. Why don't you reduce the number of computers you have, stock computer and laptop accessories? if need be stock stationeries, look for some IT related business that will bring in traffic, spread your tentacles don't just sit there and wait.

Contact me, i have some stuffs you can add to your cafe,
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by lagoshost(m): 12:18am On Mar 14, 2010
Close this cafe. And do something better with your life as time is running.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by snj: 2:48am On Mar 14, 2010
I'm planning to set up an internet cafe soon but don't know how much will be required. Say five to ten systems capacity. Choosing lagos as location. Also, what are the basic requirement.

NLDRS, pls ur advice.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kolnel: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ kay 80
the same ipnx box serves all three purpose, u ll only need to activate it, using foreign ip is gud but not the ultimate, i dont use it, any serious yy guy has socks or tunneller he can use to change the ip. foregn isp are too expensive so i will advise not to try it and moreover dont base ur cafe on yy guy they dont make the biz thrive cos they know all the tricks,
all said cafe is still gud to me,
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by kay80(m): 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
kolnel:

@ kay 80
the same ipnx box serves all three purpose, u ll only need to activate it, using foreign ip is gud but not the ultimate, i dont use it, any serious yy guy has socks or tunneller he can use to change the ip. foregn isp are too expensive so i will advise not to try it and moreover dont base your cafe on yy guy they dont make the biz thrive cos they know all the tricks,
all said cafe is still gud to me,

Thanks for the info. But can I visit u in ibadan? you can send location to kaysoft2000@yahoo.com
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by ochukoccna: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
kolnel:

Does IPNX now have a cafe service?
I once asked about their service and was adviced by their staff not to use it [their 3 in 1 modem] for a cybercafe
is that waht you are using?
how u do am?
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

na wa for oyb. angry

i look like spambot? cheesy cheesy

fyi that pernicious piece of software deleted my post and banned me yesterday night
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by adaspire: 4:52am On Mar 15, 2010
bigjoe,

which foreign isp are you using, am planning on changing my isp to a foreign one, nigerian isp are useless
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Seton(m): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
ochukoccna:

Does IPNX now have a cafe service?
I once asked about their service and was adviced by their staff not to use it [their 3 in 1 modem] for a cybercafe
is that waht you are using?
how u do am?

you can use IPNX for cybercafe, one of our clients is using for about 10 systems in their office, i also know of aguy that use it 15 systems, what you need to do is to choose the right plan

For Cybercafe to be profitable, there is the need for the owner to provide other services like help people to buy things online, website Development/Hosting which everybody can do and others things.
Above all, good customer service is the key
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by KokoBeware: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2010
@ Poster: Cheer up:
All those that say cafe buisiness in nigeria is getting extinct, are waaaaayyyy OFFFFFF
Cafe Buisiness can never be extinct, even in developed countries were they have fiber links at every corner, we also still have cafes thriving well, not to talk of nigeria where computer literacy is freaking alarming, how many Jamb candidates actually register for the exam online by themselves??

Its just your services that really matter, MTN, Zain and all other networks for NOW are not really reliable, u cnt download much on it, they trip off anytime they like without any sort of warning or apologies, I tries using bit torrent on starcomms, after about 2day, they blocked the line claiming that they dont allow those downloads,

Is your Cafe meeting up to the rapidly evolving ICT world?? you dont expect to be running a MEDIEVAL Cyber Cafe and get people flocking in,
Make your cafe very conducive.
Get a very fast and reliable ISP
Participate actively in all ONLINE registrations (advertise and help ppl register)
Your attitude to clients also matter
And good management is very important

Best of all add a small computer training school(even if its just for office application) u'll be amazed at the turn-out

Best of Luck!!!
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by FEMARY(m): 8:27am On Mar 28, 2010
YOU GUYS ARE COOL.THIS TREAD IS EDUCATIVE---NO INSULTS SO FAR.
MY SUBMISSION IS THIS---Cafe business cannt be extint at least in the next 5years to be moderate.

How many students register for waec,neco,jamb ---millions.How many of these people can afford a laptop with Internet connection?

Even the working class people--how many people can afford to buy pc,power it,buy printer and scanner,and fax machine?If you are in Lagos,I can tell you the market is still huge.I dont know of elsewhere.

The problem most cafe have is, nothing works there.

Now to the poster let me pose these questions to you:

1.Can people come to your cafe and print without stress?
2.can people come to your cafe and scan stress free?
3.can people come to your cafe and photocopy without hassles
4.can people come to your cafe and browse with good speed and achieve what they came to do without hissing off?
5.is the environment conducive and clean without youghort cans paper wraps all over the place?
6.are people not sweating to browse?
7.is the cafe always on,as in when people come they can be sure they are going to browse?

If all these are in place nothing can stop you from being profitable if your subscription is low anyway.

I will post more on the technical and isp issues later.

wavelengthltd@yahoo.com
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by sley4life(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2010
Get a better computer while running a cafe with webcam. The internet speed should be good so as to increase ur customer
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by Nobody: 11:05am On May 08, 2010
Nice ones.
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by olersquared(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2010
Come to think of how many personal internet is available this days such as starcomms, visafone, zoom mobile, etisalat, MTN Glo, Zain and others with how people are buying laptops like wetin i no kno. just take little statistics from the house i mean NL to know how many of them are posting from a cafe. My advice for you is to stick to the biz and if your monthly subcription is much then i can recommend an alternative internet for you cafe. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help, I'm About To Close Down My Cafe by helpman: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2010
my bro let me tell u d way 2 solve dis problem , u cn either help ur competitors, or u hurt dem, u cn employ a hacker to crash there server or d cafe in a whole, dats how a mafia will do it, just kidding bro, if u dnt like d advice dat is, but wit tym it will all b ok, wen d nxt cafe reduces price which dey will, or make frnds wit dem yahoo guys nd dey wil luv 2 com 2 ur side, its just biz skill

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

KMS Activator Ultimate 2018 / ✈✳✅ 9hours Battery Life Laptop ( 2016 Dell Latitude E5470 Core I5 ) / hp 640g2 i7 6th gen for sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.