Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,848 members, 7,948,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Who’s Telling The Truth :the Police Or Davido? Let Us Discuss - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who’s Telling The Truth :the Police Or Davido? Let Us Discuss (279 Views)

Which Baby Mama Is More Beautiful: Wizkid Or Davido / Death Plot: Duncan Mighty Is Not Telling The Truth - Maria Nwakanma / Tagbo: Who Is Telling The Truth, Davido Or Police? Davido's Many Controversies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who’s Telling The Truth :the Police Or Davido? Let Us Discuss by topskylinker(m): 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
The past few days have been rather tumultuous and unsettling for Nigerian hip hop singer, David Adeleke popularly known as Davido with three of his friends being turned up dead by the police after a night of a birthday drinking binge of one of them, identified as Tagbo Umeike.

The night of October 3, 2017 was Tagbo’s birthday, which his friends, including late DJ Olu, and Chime Amechina and the hip hop star, Davido got together at the Shisha Lounge, Lekki. And it was supposed to be a night to remember but instead has turned out to be a nightmare never to be forgotten, as the trio of Tagbo Umeike, DJ Olu and Chime Amechina have ceased to be. The first death to attract public attention was that of Tagbo.

The news of his death was broken by his actress girlfriend, Caroline Danjuma who reportedly said that Davido had some explanations to make about his death but noting that she was not accusing him of complicity. “I have not said that Davido was responsible for his death but since Tagbo was with him before he died Davido must have something to say about it,” she said.

While the social media was feasting on the news of Tagbo’s death with series of claims and counter claims, other two friends of Davido who were at the birthday binge were turned up dead by the police. DJ Olu, born Olugbenga Abiodun, son of an oil magnate, Dapo Abiodun and Chime Amechina were also found dead. According to an alleged eyewitness, Davido and his friends, started a drinking competition, where the singer Davido placed a price of N200, 000 and Iphone 8 for the winner. Tagbo was said to have won the competition, consuming heavy shots of Tequila but failed to live to tell of his conquest.

Both DJ Olu and Chime were not so lucky either as they were both also deceased after that one night bender. Talks and allegations of Davido’s complicity in their deaths began to spread like wildfire. But that did not deter Davido from embarking on his planned “30 Billion African Tour’. In fact, he was in South Africa on his tour when the news of DJ Olu and Chime Amechina’s deaths reached him. And he wasted no time in dedicating the AFRIMMA awards; Best Artiste of the Year award and Song of the Year awards to his late friends. On Tuesday, he was billed to perform at the Felabration, but according to him, he was in grief and therefore, cancelled his participation as a mark of respect to his late friends and families. “ To all my fans expecting me at Felabration tomorrow (Tuesday), I’m sorry I would not be performing anymore. I promise to make it up. I love you guys. Everyone stay prayed up. I love each and every one of you.

RIP Chime, every time we met you were always happy.” For Davido, life goes on The old cliché that the world stops for nobody couldn’t have rung truer to anyone’s situation right now than that of Davido’s. He was already billed for his “30 Billion African Tour’ and he just had to be on the plane and mourn his friends any other way he could. In spite of all his troubles, the Omo Baba Olowo, as he is fondly called continues his African tour and performed on Monday in South Africa admirably. His manager, Asa Asika praises the singer for his courage in the face of his recent loss. Asika says, “ Despite all the bad news these past few days, this man here (Davido) he’s still a straight champ. He still got on stage in South Africa and gave an amazing performance just the way we know Olu would have wanted him to.

It’s hard to understand but God knows best. DJ Olu lives forever, rest well brother.” More troubles at home While Davido was being strong and continuing his tour in South Africa more trouble was brewing for him at home. Contrary to general perception and a report from a doctored autopsy report that Tagbo died of drunkenness another autopsy claimed that the late associate of the singer died from suffocation. And while rumours were running rife with false stories have an open season on social media, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police waded in to clear the air. The CP’s claim that Davido lied on Tagbo’s death It is due to this development that the commissioner of Police Lagos State, Imohinmi Edgal addressed pressmen during the week regarding police investigation on the matter.

The Police CP disclosed that in order to be objective, he called for a pre-investigation meeting in his conference room, involving Davido, Tagbo’s family and Tagbo’s fiancee. According to the CP, the meeting confirmed that the deceased Tagbo Umeike on the date in question met and had drinks with friends at Shisha Bar amongst whom was Davido.

continue reading to see picture of all that happened: http://topskylinkers..com.ng/2017/10/whos-telling-truth-police-or-davido.html
Re: Who’s Telling The Truth :the Police Or Davido? Let Us Discuss by Otisjay10: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
Only God knows but im wondering why the driver and Davido's friends drove Tagbo to d hospital and left him in the car. Why didnt they take him inside d hospital? Maybe i'm wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Receipt For ‘deliverance Fee’ Paid To A Church / ‘only 30 Per Cent UTME Candidates Will Be Admitted This Year’- NUC / I Feel Like Slapping Prodigal On Behalf Of Shatta Wale- Promzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.