Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1187763 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
sweetg:
travelland:

This is not a bad suggestion but people have to visit friends, families and even tour, there's no law against this. Once you can prove that you are genuine your visa will not be revoked, if it is, then they should give a good reason for such or be sued. Imagine spending N400K on ticket and paying hotel bill then someone revokes your visa and you can't get a refund of your money. The officer will not do this if one is genuine and he has no reason to doubt you. Honestly, if your friend's family were genuine travellers they didn't need to panic, flight ticket wasted, people have money sha

As for the families that travel to US enroute Canada for asylum, I hope they can see the stress they are causing others.

They can't be sued. Visa is not a right. However sometime you don't know why your visa is been revoked except you have a chat with the consular. I had my visa revoked 2 weeks ago. Went to the embassy only to find out there was a mistake on the application I made on behalf of my sister. Be guided. Always stay Truthful. Will update you guys once I get my passport back.

It's extremely naive to think you can sue them after agreeing to the terms of condition set by the U.S Consulate and I hope things work out positivity for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
seyewest:

It's extremely naive to think you can sue them after agreeing to the terms of condition set by the U.S Consulate and I hope things work out positivity for you.

Yes you are right. I replied to a post by travel land. Don't really know how to reply comments without mix ups. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Simieoni2: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Good day everyone
Am a silent reader of dis page
I went for my interview today 07/06/2018 by 9:15
And i was denied it went as follows:

Vo: good morning
Me: hello, good morning
Vo: whr are you going to in d states
Me: iowa
Vo: u going to iowa for what
Me: vacation , my uncle invited me over
Vo:wot do u do
Me: am a banker in xxxx bank, i work as an internal auditor in d bank
Vo: married
Me: yes i have a boy he is 1 year and 3 months
Vo: have you travelled out of your country
Me: nah neva had reason to
Vo: we sorry bla bla
Hands over the blue sheet, enjoy your day

Whr did i go wrong?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Simieoni2:
Good day everyone

Whr did i go wrong?

She couldn’t assess your ties properly . A history of a vacation in any of the G7 countries would have made it easier for her to doubt any suspicion she had about your remaining in the USA illegally but with limited information about you she decided to reject your application.
Nigeria’s economic situation and continuous irrelevance in the global space has made it difficult for even genuine holiday seekers to secure visas

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Success2011: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=Simieoni2 post=68275240]Good day everyone

Whr did i go wrong?

[/quote

Methinks not getting any traveling experience was the reason for the visa refusal. Applying for a tourist visa to the United States with a virgin passport limits the applicant's chances of getting the visa to less than 1%!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Success2011: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Simieoni2:
Good day everyone

Whr did i go wrong?

Methinks not getting any traveling experience was the reason for the visa refusal. Applying for a tourist visa to the United States with a virgin passport limits the applicant's chances of getting the visa to less than 1%!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by smallvill(m): 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
Simieoni2:
Good day everyone

Whr did i go wrong?

Same thing with me bro, just try and take your time and go to dubai and then south africa, and next time i dont think they like when you say you have someone their, just say you are going for the holiday and you have booked hotel.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelland(f): 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
abnot:

She couldn’t assess your ties properly . A history of a vacation in any of the G7 countries would have made it easier for her to doubt any suspicion she had about your remaining in the USA illegally but with limited information about you she decided to reject your application.
Nigeria’s economic situation and continuous irrelevance in the global space has made it difficult for even genuine holiday seekers to secure visas

Not really, abuse of existing visas is the problem. Blame those who overstay or use their visas to seek asylum in Canada. If there was a real humanitarian situation they would have grudgingly opened their borders to asylum seekers but they know it hasn't gotten to that stage, tough luck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
A new trend I've observed lately on and off the threads is that travel history is becoming golden in the pursuit of the US visa, I mean a far departure from the way we have always known it (even SA and Dubai may no longer cut it just like Ghana if things stay this way).... Well, good luck to genuinely qualified applicants with no such history, good luck!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I agree with your view. Some anti Twoods posters were on the fulcrum that his delivery of a good message was rude, ascerbic, condescending etc and not against the message.

I apologize for my brother Bendel if he called any of those well meaning folks corrupt. kiss

NwaBende! Mind yourself kiss

Acquiesce with your stand too my sister. That slang I used there was more of a literal usage so to speak, it may have been taken out of context, I know why I gave kudos to those I did and just as I didn't particularly pick on anybody that is against Twoods (I saw the strength and weaknesses of their posts no doubt). I believe some of us too have had a fair share of such mob attack a couple of times here, but we soldier on, and will still pass that "frustrating" message to those deserving of such, no apologies....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I respect your opinion. But don't you think " stupid" is that same kinda label folks were complaining about....

That came off as "moronic", I actually wanted to say I will not suffer a "fool" not to talk of a "foolish fool" and then post a caveat like this too: "That word was regarding his comment not his person but if it came off the wrong way...I apologise, that wasn't the intent". But I won't.... #Shior! If you know, you know! Na so e jus be, life goes on. My apologies....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 2:42am On Jun 08, 2018
Jumoby1:
Hmmmmmmm.....
after learning so much here .... i was out today for my interview session.
session goes thus;

MY INTERVIEW
VO: good morning
ME: good morning to you
VO: where in US are you going?
ME: Atlanta
VO: what are you going to do in US
ME: i'm invited for an entrepreneurship Award due to my works here in Nigeria
VO: how long are you staying
ME: 7 days
VO: are you married
ME: yes
VO: have children
ME: yes... 2
VO: what do you do
ME: i run an IT/Entertainment company (movies production, digital marketing etc)
VO: digital marketing...
ME: yes
VO: what does your wife do
ME: she's a co-founder, we run the biz together
VO: ooh good
ME: yeah
VO: how long have you been running your company
ME: 6 years
VO: how many movies do you produce per year
ME: well, i produce my first movie in 2016 which was premiered at silverbird cinemas, then another short film last and the coming up this year
VO: have you travelled out of nigeria before
ME: no, but travelling next to liberia and ghana for a conference (true)
VO: sorry we can not offer you US visa now.... blabla re-apply later
ME: thanks

got blue paper still.... but nothing spoil sha.
i',m replying... share any new tip please.

NP: VO's REALLY DONT CHECKK ANY DOCUMENTS YOU CARRY IN. NONE TODAY WAS CHECKED FOR MY KOROKORO EYES O.
SO, THINK BEYOND CARRY PLENTY PAPERS OOOOOO

GOOD LUCK TO OTHERS MATCHING IN ...

You had a good interview but the Archilles' heel was ur travel history. US do not like you starting your international travel with the USA. Do one west african country and one shengen/uk. Then reapply.
My little advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 2:50am On Jun 08, 2018
Anie007:
Hi, I have not traveled out of Nigeria before, i plan to travel to the US by July (i'm invited by a friend). I wish to apply for a visit visa, 1:can i start applying now ?
2:how do i go about it ?, i need to be guided
3:how long does it take ?
thaks in advance!!!
You might be lucky to get the visa but I strongly advise you not to try it.
And if you want to try it, you need to apply now but you may find it difficult getting an interview date before ur travel date.
All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 2:53am On Jun 08, 2018
Pipedreams:

Nawa o must someone have travel history? These US guys are begining to irritate me. This guy suppose get visa now. Me Don dey fear o. Mine is in 11days. Haba now
Yes, travel history is an important check on their box unless you are going for studies,a business meeting, medical, etc. But for tourism? grin. No way, get atleast one european holiday plus one African country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 3:04am On Jun 08, 2018
abnot:
Going through these posts I thought I had shared a summary of my interview transcript earlier in the year . I woke up one morning and figured that I hadnt been to USA since 2013 and talked my sister into spending this years vacation in the US. I completed the form, payed the fee online and reserved an interview slot. On the eve of the interview I worked overnight and left the office at 5am to my house. Took a bath and headed to the consulate.First turn off was when I was directed to a parking lot a few meters into Walter Carrington crescent and was told its 1,000 to park. I grudgingly attested and walked to towards the US consulate at about 6:20am for a 7am interview. The crowd was amazingly huge with most people in their best behavior. Patiently queued up and waited for my turn. In the course of queuing up a female police rank & file asked me for 1,000 naira to hold my token as I wont be allowed in with it but I rejected her offer and kept the token on an opening above the transparent shade under which we queued. Slowly completed formalities with CGI and proceeded to the main embassy building across the road. Went through a queue, enrolled my finger print and queued up for the interview: As soon as I was called I walked to the window and passed my passport along with a DS160 confirmation page

ME: Good Morning
VO: Morning
VO:Why are you going to the US?
ME: To spend part of my annual vacation
VO: WHere in the US are you going to ?
ME: New YOrk City
VO:Why New York?
ME:Because I love spending my vacations in big cities
VO types for a while
VO:What do you do for Bleep XXXX PLC
ME: I design and develop software solutions for their FinTech division
VO: Tell me more about that
ME: I summarized what I do for my employer.
VO types for a while and starts to flip through my passport
VO: I see you studied in the US a while ago. What did you study
ME: Software Engineering (I wonder how he knew cuz I left USA 7 years ago after my studies and didnt have the passport I used back then with me)
VO: I can also see you studied in the UK. Was it software engineering you studied also
Me: No I studied for a general graduate degree IT
VO: What did you go to Do in Netherlands in 2015
ME: I went on vacation
VO: Was that while you were studying in the UK ?
Me: YEa
VO: When last were you in Europe
ME: Three weeks ago
VO types a bit
VO: YOur visa is approved and you will be sent a tect message when your passport is ready to pick up (he circles the DHL collection centre address) and passes me the white paper with the address
Me: THank you

Interview as too long. I expected a 2 - 3 minutes interview
Last 5 years travel history: Been to UAE twice, Bahrain once, Ghana (4 times), Togo (once), SA (once), Netherland (Twice) SPain (thrice), France(twice) , Italy (once), UK (eleven times),
For those of you asking about travel history, this is why travel history is good. It gives gives you about 50% pass mark unless you Bleep up with other questions or the VO believes you are trying to trick him/her or does not just like you or is in a bad mood. Pray for grace but do a little bit of ground work by not submitting a Virgin passport.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 3:22am On Jun 08, 2018
Anie007:
Hi, I'm 20 a year old fashion designer/tailor(i sew and sell clothes)
i'm also a 100 level student in a government Uni, i don't have a fat or regular income bank statement.

I'm invited to the US by a friend (he's from Jamaica but works in Cayman Islands, currently he's in US)
after staying few weeks in the US we'll be traveling to Cayman Islands (he is working in the US currently, he's a chef and that's what he does in Cayman Islands too)

Note: I wish to apply for visa by July and i have not traveled out of Nigeria before!!!

He's the one paying (sending me money) for everything (my visa, flight ticket and accommodation)

I need help
1: what should be the contents of the invitation letter and how should it be written and sent to me here in Nigeria?

2: when asked what i want to go there for, what should be my genuine reply (note the above stated information are all true)

3: What should i do or start doing before then to increase my chances of getting my visa approved?

i have gone through previous posts, but I'm still not ok with them

cc: seyewest,Twoods
please help me thanks

Please don't try it. Atleast not now that the the VO's are not smilling. Let him sponsor you to cayman islands first. Establish ur tie with him by the trip, Then make another trip to a West African country or shengen. Then you can face the US. Otherwise you stand a great chance of starting ur visa application history with a refusal. You don't have good ties in Nigeria which really weakens whatever case you have. If I were to be the VO, I will see you as a potential abscondee. My little advise. Be smart.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2018
KDK:

You had a good interview but the Hercule's heel was ur travel history. US do not like you starting your international travel with the USA. Do one west african country and one shengen/uk. Then reapply.
My little advise.
Archilles'heel
Hercules was strong...
Sorry but I'm a green mythology fanatic and I couldn't waka pass. Good morning

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by creamyham: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2018
Good morning all.

Please my brothers and sisters, I want to book appointment for Ds 160 interview and I don't know the best way to do it and the available location to choose , please my people help me out in this .

God bless you .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Bisolanio(f): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2018
creamyham:
Good morning all.

Please my brothers and sisters, I want to book appointment for Ds 160 interview and I don't know the best way to do it and the available location to choose , please my people help me out in this .

God bless you .
what's your travel plan?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 8:08am On Jun 08, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Archilles'heel
Hercules was strong...
Sorry but I'm a green mythology fanatic and I couldn't waka pass. Good morning
Thanks! I was already sleepy. Corrected! wink

Good morrning!

I doubt if you remember me, my lady. I have got a story to tell. Just give me 5 more days. smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by creamyham: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2018
Bisolanio

My plan is to visit my girlfriend in New York
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2018
Simieoni2:
Good day everyone
I

Whr did i go wrong?

Sorry about the denial and I don't know if it's only me but I hate applicant saying the bolded ''I have no reason to travel until now''
Travel history is as important as marriage ''tie'' especially to countries in Europe, Canada,Japan etc now that U.S Embassy has stop playing with us.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dammi(f): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by monchat(m): 10:14am On Jun 08, 2018
creamyham:
Good morning all.

God bless you .

For u to book appointment u must av filled your DS-160 application, the application ID generated from DS-160 application, u will use it to schedule your appointment, make payment in GTB bank. Visit the website, click on schedule appointment and register as new user, make use of y Gmail account to register it. U will see available date for Lagos, u can also put Abuja and see the available date, the location is your choice.Fill all the details required and put in your correct confirmation number from y bank receipt and application ID from your DS-160. Then any location u choose go ahead and schedule the appointment, and the appointment confirmation will be sent to your email of choice. Ps make sure your schedule appointment and DS-160 av the same bar code. All d best

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2018
dammi:
Good morning all. I applied for a family visa of 4. My husband, I and two kids. Our interview was on Wednesday June 6. My kids and I were turned back due to the barcode issue and we were given a paper to reschedule our appointment and fill a new DS_160 . It was only my hubby that went for the interview and he was denied. My question is this......will my husband denial affect our interview and lead to denial......thank you #ladyG seyewest justwise omobendel and other gurus in the house

It will have been more apt for your hubby to have gone back with the family rather than being interviewed alone. They wont fuss over him because it was meant to be a family interview.
Post the transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2018
vista411:

It will have been more apt for your hubby to have gone back with the family rather than being interviewed alone. They wont fuss over him because it was meant to be a family interview.
Post the transcript
I totally agree with you and your points are all very valid. Nevertheless, what is their travel history? They seem to frown (not against) family travel these days (due to the canada scandal). They need to leave someone behind. e.g only mother and kids going alone and hubby find another time to travel with one of the kids. People need to plan their trips such that there are good reasons to return. If she can post transcripts, we will advise better.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 08, 2018
dammi:
Good morning all. I applied for a family visa of 4. My husband, I and two kids. Our interview was on Wednesday June 6. My kids and I were turned back due to the barcode issue and we were given a paper to reschedule our appointment and fill a new DS_160 . It was only my hubby that went for the interview and he was denied. My question is this......will my husband denial affect our interview and lead to denial......thank you #ladyG seyewest justwise omobendel and other gurus in the house

Plz what is a barcode issue. Plz tell me cos i don't want be turned back a second time guys!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2018
KDK:

Thanks! I was already sleepy. Corrected! wink

Good morrning!

I doubt if you remember me, my lady. I have got a story to tell. Just give me 5 more days. smiley
Yes! And we will sing "aka mara Mma Ka m ga akuru Chineke Mo! "

Please where is Twoods?!?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dammi(f): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dammi(f): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dammi(f): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by maraduke: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
I got interview date for September for myself and kids. Then I saw earlier dates in august and opted to change. I picked change date and the change only affected one of the kids, myself and the other kid still had the earlier date of September. please I dont know if anybody has had that issue and got it corrected to maintain the previous date or effect the change to affect all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.