Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,358 members, 7,891,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1192658 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
LadyGuinivere:
Has anyone gotten visa for just visit recently?

Anyone? It would be nice to hear some success stories.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
Malevonent:

wow, tats sad, lemme take my chanes and hold out then, feb 2019 is quite far!!..arrrrghhhh
again, an clue about what happens to the intl passport during this window??, do they hold on unto it, and send it back via dhl. it wud be unimaginable if they hold onto it till then
No. U pickup from DHL in like 2 days after u get the status change

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ChrisRocks: 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Me smiley

I did Dropbox back in June and I got 221G... fastforward to September when I was able to get my appointment. Interview seemed long in my mind but I got it in the end. I was asked what I was going to do and I said a holiday. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Over 10k NIVisas were issued to Nigerians in August, 2018.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/AUGUST%202018%20-%20NIV%20Issuances%20by%20Post%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
sharpman1:

Anyone? It would be nice to hear some success stories.

Alot of Nigerian applicants still get US visas but somehow choose to not share about it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boboro1: 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thank you all for the respond to the questions on this thread quick one

I intend to apply for US visa for honey moon with my wedding certificate from the registery please what are my chances am applying as a self employed with one year of operating the business and my wife not working ..Am spending 10days for the trip what documents do I need to summit and as anyone apply for honey moon in US and been successfull .Note both of us have a virgin passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:46am On Sep 27, 2018
boboro1:

I intend to apply for US visa for honey moon with my wedding certificate from the registery please what are my chances am applying as a self employed with one year of operating the business and my wife not working .. Am spending 10days for the trip what documents do I need to summit and as anyone apply for honey moon in US and been successfull .Note both of us have a virgin passport

Well, if you think your reason for travelling is genuine enough (which I doubt) go ahead and apply. No one can tell you your 'chances'. Carry all documents you deem fit for the interview and read through thread.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2018
ChrisRocks:

Me smiley

I did Dropbox back in June and I got 221G... fastforward to September when I was able to get my appointment. Interview seemed long in my mind but I got it in the end. I was asked what I was going to do and I said a holiday. Hope this helps.
A whole lot dear.
Chop knuckle.
MBA chop kiss! kiss grin
Final question. Did u fill a new ds 160?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boboro1: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2018
ayenikunle:

Well, if you think your reason for travelling is genuine enough (which I doubt) go ahead and apply. No one can tell you your 'chances'. Carry all documents you deem fit for the interview and read through thread.

Thanks for the answers checking round the thread to check if anyone as applied for honey before to US both have not found yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sonne20: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2018
Good evening house,
my husband and I were supposed to have an interviewed yesterday been 25, we printed the appointment letter late, and we were unable to checked the barcode which did not tally with my DS-160 form and I was sent back to book another appointment... he was denied... saying they didn't give people visa, that the man was just too fast asking questions without given time for answers , given out blue paper like water.. the question now is...
should I wait for him for us to apply together or I should book appointment alone... I wanted to pick date like early March next year after election... cuz If I pick date now I might still get denied... possibly if they grant me, then by march he can still reapply ... we are going on a vacation as a couple, we intend going by May next year... pls house what is ur advice.... thanks
...waiting for ur responses..

pls still waiting for suggestions from the house...
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2018
boboro1:

I intend to apply for US visa for honey moon with my wedding certificate from the registery please what are my chances am applying as a self employed with one year of operating the business and my wife not working ..Am spending 10days for the trip what documents do I need to summit and as anyone apply for honey moon in US and been successfull .Note both of us have a virgin passport

Certificate means what here if I may ask? Read through the thread like you have said you've been doing, you will see the compulsory and most important documents to go with. But SELF employed for one year only, wife not working, and no travel history for both of you means chances of getting the visa at this time and age with the US embassy in Nigeria is slimmer than even slim, but I'm not God on this and neither am I a VO. All the best oh!

boboro1:

Thanks for the answers checking round the thread to check if anyone as applied for honey before to US both have not found yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

A whole lot dear.
Chop knuckle.
MBA chop kiss! kiss grin

You are a very bam somebody, I know that wink. Good morning dear Sis.... No shakes!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You are a very bam somebody, I know that wink. Good morning dear Sis.... No shakes!
Hehehehehe

Where is Seye?!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hehehehehe

Where is Seye?!

Dude is still very much on ground ma, most definitely! Great guy....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2018
A question I have always wanted to ask off the bat, is what are my possible chances of getting a visit visa for the United States for conferences

- I work as a solutions architect / pentester
- I'm not married
- I have some landed properties (apparently being a next of kin to my father)
- I have a Bank statement of about 8.7million naira balance
- I have a conference invitation for Pen testing (Kali Linux etc)

What are my possible chances
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ChrisRocks: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

A whole lot dear.
Chop knuckle.
MBA chop kiss! kiss grin
Final question. Did u fill a new ds 160?

I didn’t. In fact I completed the DS160 for Dropbox back in April. A real journey shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
ChrisRocks:

Me smiley

did you go with any documents, like bank statement etc, were you asked for any? thinking of going with normal docs for a fresh interview grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
sonne20:
Good evening house,
my husband and I were supposed to have an interviewed yesterday been 25, we printed the appointment letter late, and we were unable to checked the barcode which did not tally with my DS-160 form and I was sent back to book another appointment... he was denied... saying they didn't give people visa, that the man was just too fast asking questions without given time for answers , given out blue paper like water.. the question now is...
should I wait for him for us to apply together or I should book appointment alone... I wanted to pick date like early March next year after election... cuz If I pick date now I might still get denied... possibly if they grant me, then by march he can still reapply ... we are going on a vacation as a couple, we intend going by May next year... pls house what is ur advice.... thanks
...waiting for ur responses..

pls still waiting for suggestions from the house...
thanks

With what is going on wait 6mths, and make sure if u want to go as a couple u fill in your DS 160, very important. I think the blue paper is the norm now..with time it will ease out..

Am also waiting out the six mth to go with my son, he was denied on Monday..

Best of luck to other applicants.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sonne20: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
thanks for ur advice... much appreciated...

With what is going on wait 6mths, and make sure if u want to go as a couple u fill in your DS 160, very important. I think the blue paper is the norm now..with time it will ease out..

Am also waiting out the six mth to go with my son, he was denied on Monday..

Best of luck to other applicants.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Donmatlock:

Thank you for the information. Please, what did you get as a message when your visa was approved?

URGENT
Please 'I was asked to schedule another interview "no sooner than two business days after the date above" schedule follow up interview under "221G" category.

Please does this mean before the date or after? How do I find 221G category.
I will appreciate urgent response.
ChrisRocks:

I didn’t. In fact I completed the DS160 for Dropbox back in April. A real journey shocked
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Donmatlock:

URGENT
Please 'I was asked to schedule another interview "no sooner than two business days after the date above" schedule follow up interview under "221G" category.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

For that option of 221 g u can't reschedule. Once u book, that's it.
100 percent sure

URGENT

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ChrisRocks: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2018
Malevonent:

did you go with any documents, like bank statement etc, were you asked for any? thinking of going with normal docs for a fresh interview grin

I did, took an employment letter, bank statement and payslips. Although these docs were never checked, it’s better to be safe than sorry. I advise you go with the normal docs (just in case). All the best smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ChrisRocks: 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
Donmatlock:

URGENT

Thank you.

Have you tried to log into your Ustraveldocs profile? The option to reschedule should be there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Whytelyon(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
ChrisRocks:

Have you tried to log into your Ustraveldocs profile? The option to reschedule should be there.

A question I have always wanted to ask off the bat, is what are my possible chances of getting a visit visa for the United States for conferences

- I work as a solutions architect / pentester (For Sterling Bank)
- I'm not married

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donmatlock: 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
ChrisRocks:

I didn't see reschedule.
All I see is New Application/Schedule Appointment
Appointment History
Provide Feedback
Update Profile
Log out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Whytelyon:

- I'm not married

How long have you worked with the bank? You should be fine. Just be honest and articulate, because being a banker ehn...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Hehehehehe

Where is Seye?!

He's enjoying the US of A.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
Pls what is wrong with being a banker?
ayenikunle:

How long have you worked with the bank? You should be fine. Just be honest and articulate, because being a banker ehn...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Sage7(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
Whytelyon:

- I'm not married

If you have a good travel history.

Bankers without travel history and are not married barely scale through but not in all cases, you might be lucky.

Goodluck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Sparkle1515:
Pls what is wrong with being a banker?
They have good history of 'eloping'.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
Donmatlock:

I didn't see reschedule.
All I see is New Application/Schedule Appointment
Appointment History
Provide Feedback
Update Profile
Log out

hmmm, so how did you know , you got the 221g?, were u sent a mail or sms?.
is from you guys, am seeing/hearing this 221g code, i logged into my profile and exactly on the 10th working day, the reshedule interview option popped up. got an sms now that my passport is ready for pickup at the dhl office i specified, even the feb 28th reshudle date in no longer available, its now march 2019!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (508)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.