Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,084 members, 7,963,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:39 PM

Friends I Value Your Advice On This Asap - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Friends I Value Your Advice On This Asap (725 Views)

Friends I Need Your Advice/ Opinion Plsssss / 3:49 CGPA, What Is The Way Forward Please? Your Advice Is Needed. / Advice on Handwork A Nigerian`student Could Learn.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Friends I Value Your Advice On This Asap by lomaxx: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
Friends, I just decided to seek quality advice from you guys concerning something very important to me. Starting a new thread wouldn't have been appropriate but I just have no choice.
In 2009, I took JAMB with first choice in Medicine<university of uyo> and second choice Medicine<niger delta university>. I scored 273 which qualified me for post-ume in both universities. In the university of uyo, I scored 82%<the highest for that year in faculty of medicine>, but when I checked the admission list my name wasn't there. I later went to complain to the admission officer and she told me that my name wasn't in the printout that JAMB sent to them. Puzzled as I was, I demanded to check the printout again. After re-checking, my name was found and she started offering apologies for the oversight. By then, the merit list was already out- unlucky me.
I didn't bother much because I also had admission to study medicine in niger delta university. By then, I had one week to accept the ndu admission or risk losing it- which I did because the expenses for non-indegenes like me was too much for us.
So uniuyo was the only hope I had. When I got to see the original master list, I saw my name in the no. 1 position, but that was not what every body saw. So as it stands, i never had the admission.
Why the long story? I want to give you guys a platform to where I'm coming from. Now uniuyo says the only solution is to paste my name in the supplementary list which hasn't yet been released. You could see how desperate I am, that I can't trust them anymore despite my excellent performance. Well, those who scored a paltry 70% had the admission while I never did.
Friends, where do I go from here. Trust them about the supplementary thing? Or go back and bear the 'toture' of preparing for jamb again? Or think of schooling abroad? Or what?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Raise My School Fees? / Pls I Need Help On My Project Topic / How Was Ur Fupre Post Utme Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.