Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,566 members, 7,923,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:56 PM

A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media (1095 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report / BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. / Tribalism Among Nigerians In Diaspora And On The Web – A Trend We Need To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by publisher(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
Its amazing how the Nigerian media and Nigerians in general indulge in this morbid passion for showing and viewing gory pictorial details of tragic events such as the Jos crisis or motor accidents. In western nations,whenever calamities befall them,they DONT horrify the world with grotesque images as the ones recently posted on the Jos crises and the phantom robbery incident where passengers were crushed for not having money. Our media houses now use such images to sell their publications,major culprits being the likes ,Next and the SUN. Americans have over the years arrested thousands of serial killers who indulge in cannibalism,sex with dead victims,you name it. But they hardly ever publish their victims gory remains, however in Nigeria,our Sun newspaper for example captures a story on a man who beheaded his nephew for rituals,next thing you see is a man posing with a human head on the front page of a publication. I sometimes want to ask some print media practitioners, if their relations (God forbid) happened to be one of these unfortunate victims,would they gladly publish their burnt or dismembered remains on the front cover of respective newspapers/magazines?
In the Terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 2001,almost 3,000 Americans were killed yet we hardly even saw mangled burnt bodies of Americans. Even videos showing people jumping off from the flaming World Trade Centre,had restrictions. So,Whats wrong with us as a people?
I do hope we Africans,especially Nigerians do not have a deep seated demonic affection for viewing such,with a deceptive public show of horror or condemnation of items being viewed. Our path to civilization seems longer,may God help us.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Beaf: 11:39pm On Mar 11, 2010
What a heartless post! angry
It even starts with "Its amazing". . .

So you have nothing better to say about the loss of 500 women and babies, than to condemn the pictures?
My guy, your article show any sympathy for the victims, neither does it shrink at the horror of the crimes. Your article is only oncerned with cosmetic nonsense, while real lives have been lost and real families are greaving.

Charlie, look for the "deep seated demonic affection" in yourself.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by publisher(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2010
Mr Beaf,you are a pathetic and ignorant case,clearly your understanding of the English language is suspect. Does viewing such pictures do anything to lessen the pain of the victims' relations?,or will it bring the dead back to life? The only goal it achieves as far as i'm concerned is to reduced our already depleted respect for human life or the lack of it. Almost everyday you hear of suicide attacks in third world countries such as Iraq and Pakistan,tell me how many pictures of dismembered and mangled corpses of Iraqis have you seen?
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by publisher(m): 12:14am On Mar 12, 2010
Mr Beaf,you are a pathetic and ignorant case,clearly your understanding of the English language is suspect. Does viewing such pictures do anything to lessen the pain of the victims' relations?,or will it bring the dead back to life? The only goal it achieves as far as i'm concerned is to reduced our already depleted respect for human life or the lack of it. Almost everyday you hear of suicide attacks in third world countries such as Iraq and Pakistan,tell me how many pictures of dismembered and mangled corpses of Iraqis have you seen?
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 12, 2010
^^ you're preaching to someone who finds joy in posting pictures of women urinating as well as any other photo guaranteed to show depravity.

dont waste your breath- there are many of such people here.

and yes, Nigerians delight in gory scenes.

you aint seen nothing yet on this nairaland.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by MrCrackles(m): 12:17am On Mar 12, 2010
tpia.:

^^ you're preaching to someone who finds joy in posting pictures of women urinating as well as any other photo guaranteed to show depravity.
dont waste your breath- there are many of such people here.
and yes, Nigerians delight in gory scenes.
you aint seen nothing yet on this nairaland.
Tpia tape it shut. . . .
Knackered Donkey!! wink
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 12, 2010
^^ your mama
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Mar 12, 2010
Demonic Passion? What's this poster talking about?
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Beaf: 12:28am On Mar 12, 2010
@Tpia we have started all night vigil; just praying that, one day, you will become civilised.

@publisher
There is little more you need to be convinced that you are in the wrong. Rubbish, tribalism, racism, rudeness, moral filth all attract Tpia like a fly. . . And you have attracted Tpia! grin
Take a look at her profile, check her recent posts; bros, free yourself, it is like opening a garbage can. grin
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 12:33am On Mar 12, 2010
Beaf:

@Tpia we have started all night vigil; just praying that, one day, you will become civilised.

@publisher
There is little more you need to be convinced that you are in the wrong. Rubbish, tribalism, racism, rudeness, moral filth all attract Tpia like a fly. . . And you have attracted Tpia! grin
Take a look at her profile, check her recent posts; bros, free yourself, it is like opening a garbage can. grin

who posts photos showing his depraved state of mind? Is it me?

why are you now lying?

Jeez, the guy made a simple point and you suddenly started shivering as if you saw death?

where you come from, do you usually ogle women's teetee while they're urinating? Or look everywhere for nasty disgusting pictures that get you higher than if you used cocaine?

and you dont think you're bipolar?

hey, you must see yourself in the original post, hence you're shaking like a castrated f.ool
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by publisher(m): 12:35am On Mar 12, 2010
I have no business with either you 'Beaf' or 'Tpia'. I just put my piece together and posted it on nairaland,you either agree or criticize constructively,your views or mine will not affect the price of Garri in Lagos. You both sound like Freaking Ghanians for all i care.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 12, 2010
@ beaf

you're so disgusting, i swear.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 12, 2010
publisher:

I have no business with either you 'Beaf' or 'Tpia'. I just put my piece together and posted it on nairaland,you either agree or criticize constructively,your views or mine will not affect the price of Garri in Lagos. You both sound like Freaking Ghanians for all i care.
you need to stand back and leave us to slug it out here.

Like i told you before, that's nairaland for you. If you think you'll encounter more sane people than morons here then you're sadly mistaken and may want to migrate somewhere else.

I've opened a similar thread before, in Nairaland section.

If the Jos crisis is what's upsetting you then wait for beaf and co to spam the forum with their unclothed photos or their unclothed gay lovers.

na then you go know what's up
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Beaf: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Tpia, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase am begging. Can you post a link to any of these pictures you've been so vocal about. Please post them na, many peeps are waiting to laugh. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

Stop disgracing yourself, its not nice for a 46 year old to behave this way. You have even derailed this thread. Kai! grin
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 12, 2010
enough of your daftness.

Kindly allow other people to post on this thread- no be only you dey nairaland so quit hogging every topic.

key word here is [size=14pt] HOGGING[/size]

and stop thinking you can intimidate me by abusing my age.

You only display more of your stupidity when you do that. na your type dey carry  80 year old sugar mummy due to joblessness and karma

so enough of the back and forth unless of course you need it to boost your depraved self esteem

the thread is about the massacres in Jos but of course it has to become all about beaf and company.

disgusting.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Beaf: 1:05am On Mar 12, 2010
^
Post some links na. Abi, fear deh catch you grin
Olodo! Professional derailer.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by MrCrackles(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2010
publisher:

LMFAO!!!
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by DisGuy: 9:49am On Mar 12, 2010
Its amazing how the Nigerian media and Nigerians in general indulge in this morbid passion for showing and viewing gory pictorial details of tragic events such as the Jos crisis or motor accidents.

Totally agree here!! I made sure every bloody topic with pictures of the accident/robbery was blocked in teh travel section

weird thing is the post usually start with 'look at man's inhumanity' why the hell would someone think it's something worth seeing- if the pictures are sent to the politicians and perhaps their children then fine but to millions of people online without putting a caution its absolutely barbaric, some people are very disturbed!! in some of the picture there are people actually bringing out their camera phone to take pictures of dead people's brain and I'm assuming they will want to share this with people in their offices, market place- barbarians!!!
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by darqly(m): 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
Perhaps we've become dulled by the constant sight and threat of death all around us. I know corpses lie around some side streets in lagos for days and even decompose in full glare of the public. I fear the majority of us have a morbid fascination for death,very sad.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by alongefestus: 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by ElRazur: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
@Op

Yes I blame our culture. It is normal to see dead bodies on the side of road and highways in Nigeria. It is not uncommon to see a burnt out torso etc. As it stand, when it comes to gory and upsetting images, we have become desensitised to it. And because the laws are so lax regarding these, people are able to get away with posting anything.

On the forum here, I blame the owner, moderators and how the system is implemented. While the rules around here are clear in this aspect, it is not properly enforced. Period.

@beaf

Abeg leave tpia jare. She is not all that bad you know, just be nice to her. I do look for her trouble from time to time, but not to the extent you and her take it jare. grin
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by shotster50(m): 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2010
@ Poster,

Good one. The word sensitivity means nothing to the Nigerian media. No warning, no disclaimer, nothing, just bang in your face. Am surprised no one has picked up on that until now.
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Arielle: 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
@ poster. Thank you! Thank you!I thought I was the only one who felt this way!
Re: A Demonic Passion Among Nigerians And The Media by Mobinga: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2011
MrCrackles:

LMFAO!!!
Where did mrcrackles actually go? cry

(1) (Reply)

Convicted Thief Bode George Celebrated / Tinubu Acquires Bellview Airline For $300m / Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.