Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,971 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

Am Back To Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Back To Nairaland (794 Views)

EUROBOMBER Returns To Nairaland / Back To Nairaland: Message To Members Of The Wailing Family(barcanista) / Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Am Back To Nairaland by SegzyJoe(m): 7:41am On Mar 12, 2010
Hello all,
Am glad to be back on this forum. About six month ago, i left the forum because i felt the forum was not being put into good use, instead of using it to serve as an avenue for constructive engagement for every Nigerian to bring our country out of the wood, but what we see here everyday to say the least is not encouraging about Nigeria and Nigerians. Ethnicity, pessimistic view about Nigeria etc. Well, I also felt i was part of the problem, so i decided to leave and come about after six month to see if i will see the forum differently, but unfornuately, it is as i left it.

This forum has the largest concentration of Nigerians at home and in diaspora, and I think we should make it a force for good, to mobilize for good governance, corruption free society, especially to mobilize for action, we should move forward from mere talking and do something for the counry we all care about irrespective of our ethnic background and orientaions. The time to put NAIRALAND into good purpose is now. God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by MrCrackles(m): 7:49am On Mar 12, 2010
ok!!!!
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by 9ijaprince(m): 7:58am On Mar 12, 2010
Nairaland is like a barrack. "Soldier go soldier come" Barrack remains. Welcome back!
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by kosovo(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2010
@SegzyJoe
so i decided to leave and come about after six month to see if i will see the forum differently, but unfornuately, it is as i left it.
Unfortunately you are putting on dark shade, Open your eyes and experience the difference, Change has come to Nairaland Politics Section.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by chelseabmw(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2010
@poster
I believe in no distant time u will go back from where u are coming from.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by kosovo(m): 8:53am On Mar 12, 2010
chelseabmw:

@poster
I believe in no distant time u will go back from where u are coming from.
Lol cheesy
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by KnowAll(m): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2010
This forum has the eyes and ears of those in Authority. That is why people should endeavour to write original articles of how they feel, how their communities feel, how their city feels, about certain national issues.

If you write with a logical antecedent, applying facts in unison with the principles of probity, equity and fair play Nigerians of any ethnicities will see the wisdom in your argument.

That has being my goal in this forum, a crusader of good governance, even though methodologically it might appear harmless and not to everyone’s taste, it is like the seams that comes out of the ground before the eruption of a volcano, harmless, faceless, voiceless but deadly.

To some those views might be a howler in the winds but to many they are views directly or indirectly that enables the wind of change to snowball into avalanche of reformations.

Check out Some hard hitting articles that one way or the other ushered in Jonathan as the AP – all written between Jan10 and Feb10

1. Why is this Common Law Wife holding 150 million Nigerians to Ransome.
2. Blue Murder – About equal treatment querying – if a Northern VP will have the patience Jonathan exhibited throughout the Yaradua saga.
3. Ruling from the Grave – When Yaradua came back and wanted to wrestle power from the Act President.
4. Recently Mr & Mrs Power Brokers IBB might not be the right man for the Job

If there are 10 KnowAlls out there the country will definitely see changes. Has anyone asked themselves where people like Akinyuli get the confidence and inspiration from. It is by reading balanced, logical views on the Net.

Those people who see net bloggers as faceless are in for a shock, we are the ones purifying the polity as it where. I implore and asked more people to be involve in writing original articles that will tackle and banish the ills of our society into oblivion, may God bless Nigeria.

Even though the forum has a lot of tribalistic views, the lone wolf in the dark we keep on howling until the day Nigeria becomes the El-dorado we all envisioned it to be.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by Jarus(m): 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
@Knowall,
Can you supply links to those articles? Like reading articles.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by chosen04(f): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
SegzyJoe:

but what we see here everyday to say the least is not encouraging about Nigeria and Nigerians. Ethnicity, pessimistic view about Nigeria etc.

^^^^But why will this "small pikin" want me to be optimistic when i can see the hand writing on the wall?

I wont be surprised if you are a product of positive confession confusion
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by rebranded(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
lol @knowall,

Maybe becomrich should continue his posts maybe the authorities would soon move Yorubas to Benin Republic!, rubbish

nobody monitors nairaland, well maybe the CIA and Nigerian SSS grin
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by chosen04(f): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2010
rebranded:

lol @knowall,

Maybe becomrich should continue his posts maybe the authorities would soon move Yorubas to Benin Republic!, rubbish
nobody monitors nairaland, well maybe the CIA and Nigerian SSS grin
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by SegzyJoe(m): 10:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
I really thank you all for your comments, I have no doubt that despite our different views about the situation in Nigeria, quite a number of nairalanders have been inspiring in their writings, bringing out the best in all of us and putting the issues about Nigeria in proper perspective.

However, i believe we can take advantage of this information highway and transform it into a positive force - a catalyst for action.We have nairalanders in every city in Nigeria, this forum can be used to galvanize support for action to bring desired change to our country. Issues that affects the society economically, socially and politically could be indentified in our cities,we can create awareness, advocate and demand accountability from our leaders.

We have talked long enough, it is time for action, it is time to make our vote count, to campaign against corruption, to demand integrity in service and to advocate for change. The only thing good men do for evil to triumph is to do nothing (paraphrased). The alternative to taking action is to continue our talking on this forum, then we have no right to expect any positive change from those that are holding us to ransome.

It is possible to take individual and collective action against the evil being perpetrated by the political elites against the Nigerian state. If we truly desire change for this country, the time to act is now.Thanks
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
SegzyJoe:

I really thank you all for your comments, I have no doubt that despite our different views about the situation in Nigeria, quite a number of nairalanders have been inspiring in their writings, bringing out the best in all of us and putting the issues about Nigeria in proper perspective.

However, i believe we can take advantage of this information highway and transform it into a positive force - a catalyst for action.We have nairalanders in every city in Nigeria, this forum can be used to galvanize support for action to bring desired change to our country. Issues that affects the society economically, socially and politically could be indentified in our cities,we can  create awareness, advocate and demand accountability from our leaders.

We have talked long enough, it is time for action, it is time to make our vote count, to campaign against corruption, to demand integrity in service and to advocate for change. The only thing good men do for evil to triumph is to do nothing (paraphrased). The alternative to taking action is to continue our talking on this forum, then we have no right to expect any positive change from those that are holding us to ransome.

It is possible to take individual and collective action against the evil being perpetrated by the political elites against the Nigerian state. If we truly desire change for this country, the time to act is now.Thanks

maybe nairaland should become a political party so that people like you can contest election under it.i like your charisma.keep it up!!!
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by Ibime(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
You cant make a comeback. . . nobody noticed you been gone!
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by kosovo(m): 2:46am On Mar 13, 2010
Ibime:

You cant make a comeback. . . nobody noticed you been gone!
Kobojukie, ([insert correct name] here) anyone?
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by Saruman: 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2010
Welcome back!
Nonetheless and while Nairaland might retain its cyber existence, sooner or later Nigeria will dis-integrates. This is the way of nature and there is no gainsaying the blatant truth.
Re: Am Back To Nairaland by chrisical(m): 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ poster
Welcome back.

(1)

Cbn Govenor - Sanusi Perfect For Efcc Chairman Position / Let Raise Money To Help Becomrich Run For President. / Uduaghan "cries" Over Plot To “hijack” Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.