Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment (614 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Signs MoU on Rail Modernisation in Sochi, Russia - Photos / NNPC And Chinese Consortia Sign MOU On Fuel Production / Cross River, Chinese Firm Sign Mou On Calabar Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Robinsonjeff: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
The Government of Osun, Monday signed a partnership agreement worth $450 million with an American company on waste management.

The Memorandum of Understanding between the State Government and the American Green Environmental Global Solutions ‎Nigeria Limited which was signed to render services on turning wastes to consumables took place at the Governor's office, Osogbo.

The partnership will create jobs, expand the economy, create a new dynamic economy in tourism and as well keep the environment clean.

Signing the MOU, the President of the Green Environmental Services of America (GESA) and America Green Environmental Solution Nigeria Limited (AGEGS), Patrick Onyeije ‎disclosed that the machineries and building as regards the planned projects will take 8-12 weeks to be fully on ground.

The President of the company explained that the first phase of the projects will cost $250 million‎, assuring that the company is ready to commence operation soonest.

Onyeije, who was represented by one of the top officials of the of company, ‎Major Samuel Adewumi (rtd) said the partnership will help to improve the economy of the state as waste will be collected from tenants and homes and recycled for valuable products such as tissue papers, plastics and organic manure (fertilizer) for farmers.

‎Onyeije said with the partnership, a new era has begun in Osun on effective and efficient waste management.

According to the President, ‎"Today marks a great ‎and important historical beginning in the epilogues and annals of captivating history of our people in the State of Osun. By accepting the arduous but admirable responsibility to take care of our environment is a lofty ideal to behold and as such a new day is born.

"We are here to change the story on the environment with the enunciation of these wonderful projects of garbage and sewage collection.

"It is befitting that the State of Osun has been selected to lead the rest of the country towards an evolutionary approach of reclaiming our environment. One thing that we all have taken for granted right from the time we were born to the time we die is our environment.

"Today marks a new beginning as we take the solemn commitment to protect our environment. We have to do our little best not to litter the streets but to recycle everything coming out of our homes and working places. Every household will purchase various containers from AGEGS for different ‎items from the household for which they can recycle.
"These containers will be picked up from your homes on designated days of the week and may include weekends as the need may arise.
"On behalf of Green Environmental Services of America (GESA) and America Green Environmental Global Solution Nigeria Limited (AGEGS), we say a big thank you to the government of the state of Osun.

"It is with great pleasure and gratitude that we have accepted to begin these great projects here in Osun. This amazing state, though small but mighty, has the propensity and foresight to always lead the way in innovations as the cradle of ingenuity making the state of Osun the pioneering state for the America Green Environmental Global Solutions in the whole of Nigeria, West Africa and Africa as a whole.

"We are here to create jobs, expand the economy, create a new dynamic economy in tourism and above all, keep your environment clean. We reiterate our gratitude to all our stakeholders locally and abroad and most especially our worthy partners in Government who have shown unparalleled commitment to the success of this project since inception.

"With these projects, the state of Osun has accepted to set an international standard in Nigeria for other states in the country to follow", Onyeije added.

‎In his remarks, the Governor of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, said the partnership was to complement his administration's efforts in keeping the environment clean, safe, green and sustainable.

Governor Aregbesola said his administration has never failed in its responsibilities of making Osun the safest state in Nigeria through its consciousness to environmental preservation and maintenance.

Aregbesola noted that in spite of the present economic challenges confronting the state, what cannot be taken away from his administration is the commitment to the environment.

Read the full article here: http://www.unuspost.com/2017/10/osun-american-company-sign-450millon.html?m=1

Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Shawnnn01: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
Aregbe wan start with Obiano scam.
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2017
Aregbescam, the man that succeeded in putting Osun unborn children in debt.
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by SunFlow(m): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
HERE COMES another MoU.

OBIANO is a good teacher
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by uglyafonja: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
Onyeije......an igboman...

From peace airline in ondo to onyeije in Osun.....
Igbos always helping the yorubas....

Like I always say......
Igbo's do not need the Yoruba's But the Yoruba's will always need the igbos
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Biety: 11:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
Verry funny that people who are running away/escaping from their homeland in thousands every week as though war is being fought there are talking about helping the people(yorubas) accomodating them.
These refugees are everywhere in yoruba land because the development in yoruba land is not in their backward states.

Igbos need the yorubas to survive hence they are fleeing their region to yoruba land everyday.

4 Likes

Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Justiceleague1: 12:19am On Oct 17, 2017
Am sure the yankees have their heads insured and covered grin grin
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Desyner: 2:08am On Oct 17, 2017
ovadozes:
Aregbescam, the man that succeeded in putting Osun unborn children in debt.
The man executed what I term 'reverse-child-raising'. He took a huge loan to be paid by the children and used it to feed the fathers.
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 17, 2017
deomelo:

https://www.nairaland.com/3353731/osun-state-paying-full-18000/42#61418170

^^^^^^^^

We have it on record, Osun state and Aregbe delivered more infrastructures and did more for his people than all your useless SE states and worthless governors combined.

Facts and picture don't lie.

Funny how you Igbos know more about Osun state and Aregbe than your own useless states and governors.

When was the last time any of your useless and unproductive governors commission any project?

Silly Igbos.

Taaa gerrout, i don't do IPOB and Afonjah shit, what I am after is good governance.
I criticise anybody and I praise who is doing it right.
Ambode happens to be my best governor.
I still repeat that Aregbe is a scam, what will it profit Osun state with a very small allocation to owe more than the whole North East state and at the end of the day generations yet unborn will have to pay.
Get the facts right, the governors of south east states are all scumbags with no exception, especially that one that erected a statue recently.
So carry your IPOB and Afonjah shit out of my face.
And then again I support the breaking of this country into ten or twenty parts because it is not working and also APC is a scam.
Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by seunowa(f): 7:55am On Oct 17, 2017
uglyafonja:

Like I always say......

You are smelling

2 Likes

Re: Osun, American Company Sign $450millon MOU On Environment by Bolustical: 8:08am On Oct 17, 2017
The South East has 3 of the top 10 dirtiest cities in the world and Patrick Onyeije is yet to 'help' them. We're talking about turning waste to consumables, you're here talking trash.
uglyafonja:

Like I always say......

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Buhari Leaves Nigeria On Wednesday / The Faith Of Woman Who Donated 1million Life Saving To PMB? / I Only Need Jonathan To Prove That I Am Innocent' Ex-pdp Spokesperson, Olisa Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.