Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,147 members, 7,887,329 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:52 AM

Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] (11017 Views)

Sad News ,-: Big Iroko Tree Fell In Port Harcourt Few Hours Ago !! / The 9 Biggest Political Casualties Of The 2015 Nigerian General Elections / BOMB Blast In KANO Few Minutes Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God for his mercies
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Oluwa E se
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Kingpusky: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God we can have a crash without casualty in Nigeria, this implies the Aviation sector will soon stand up.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by alldone(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
Great. Thank God all is well.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Kingpusky: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2010
Please does anyone know were Seadrill office is located in Lagos.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by sirt1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God no casualty
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by hbrednic: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
thanks to the devil for taking no life cheesy
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by victorazy(m): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
edu_austin:

Fellow NL,
I just confirmed from someone that works at the airport, it was a training exercise on safety by the airport authorities NOT a commercial flight. What happened was that, the plane developed a small fault and this caused a stare withing the airport. but as i write this, everything is in other and back to normal.
So no Heart attack people, have a blessed week & continue praying for our beloved country NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God is not another commercial plane
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by cvibe: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ kingpusky

Seadrill Mobile Units Nigeria Ltd (Mobile Units and Jack-ups Nigeria) Sabaina House Plot M15 Banana Island Foreshore Estate Ikoyi Lagos ,

@Post,

Thank God no life was lost!
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by vocalist(f): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
yes there was no fatalities, but we have to be watchful just as the bible have rightly said, we all have to interceed for this country, cos i am sensing dat the devil is trying wit its agent to destroy nigeria but their plans can never can to actualiztion, the will of GOD concerning nigeria will surely come to pass
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Father help us(me) ooh! These days that i'm more in the air than on the road! embarassed
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
Amen
Akaraoku$:

Father help us(me) ooh! [b]These days that i'm more in the air [/b]than on the road! embarassed

take am easy in the air oh . . . .cos Nigeria has no standard at all for any mechanical stuff
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by akelliah(m): 6:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
next the GOVT will do the only thing they know how to do SET UP A COMMITTEE to investigate then they will throw away the findings till the next incidence and a new committee will be set up again
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Fhemmmy: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2010
akelliah:

next the GOVT will do the only thing they know how to do SET UP A COMMITTEE to investigate then they will throw away the findings till the next incidence and a new committee will be set up again

You mean to say they will set up a committee and give some people opportunity to make money
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You mean to say they will set up a committee and give some people opportunity to make money

yea
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^^ Nija don suffer
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by mamagee3(f): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God nobody died, by the way why are there so many bad things happening in the world this year?
I smell the beginning of the end time, First Haiti Earthquake. . .
Second Chile Earthquake etc. . .
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by lagbaja(m): 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2010
Thank God o,

one lesson about all the postings here is that we still love our beloved country Nigerian and despite all our diffences no body wishes any evil to befall anyone, nobody cared whether the occupants were Ibo, yoruba or hausa. our concern was that there was no deaths or casualties. This tells me that the Nigerian spirit in all of us never gives up and there is still hope afterall.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by tanimz(f): 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
Any sources
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Spyker: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
Just spoke with a friend who works with Chanchangi aviation security and he said that it was an airforce Dash 8 aircraft . He also blamed the pilot for the crash saying that the Pilot didnot wait for the aircraft to stabilize before landing hence the aircraft veered off the runway and crashed into the bush. No body died but injuries were sustained.

I wonder why the Nigerian Air force still use that Dash 8 aircraft that is more than 20years old. Is Nigeria so poor that we cannot purchase modern aircraft?
tanimz:

Any sources

Local radio stations in PHC have already announced it and also breaking news on some online Nigerian newspapers

Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by browncocos(f): 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
mama-gee:

Thank God nobody died, by the way why are there so many bad things happening in the world this year?
I smell the beginning of the end time, First Haiti Earthquake. . .
Second Chile Earthquake etc. . .

i was just talking with my friends about these series of unfortunate events all around the world
and truly none can deny that this world is so coming to an end
i hate to admit it but everything in the book of revelation is coming to past
scary as hell
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Dclique(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
browncocos:

i was just talking with my friends about these series of unfortunate events all around the world
and truly none can deny that this world is so coming to an end
i hate to admit it but everything in the book of revelation is coming to past
scary as hell

Yea!!! it is. cry
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by superboi(m): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
spyker your friend should just remain as aviation security, naf do not use dash 8s,the aircraft that had the incident was an airforce g 222 still used all over the world. in military age do not really matter as the utilization of aircraft is not as high as in civil avition, thats why even the mighty usa still use their 50 year old B 52s and C 130s, and the British their 40+year old vc 10s. please wait for the accident report before you start to judge and speculate rubbish.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by rickie4us(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
thank God no life was lost
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by JUO(m): 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
waooooooooooo,

Why sad news involving lives all over?!!.

I just pray this story is NOT true

God will save us: it is end time
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by millitantx: 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2010
whatz with all these quotes? guys we need to understand that there is a genuine problem in our country, ranging from our believes to our eductional system, if we do have one. This is an accident that occord due to technical problem, be it a mechanical malfunction or human error, we dont know yet and certainly satan or who ever u guys refer to did not push this plane out of the run way and God would not let any incident to be recorded, so please excuse most of us the elite ones from this whole 'end of world' mombo jumbo and think constructively.
cvibe:

@ kingpusky

Seadrill Mobile Units Nigeria Ltd (Mobile Units and Jack-ups Nigeria) Sabaina House Plot M15 Banana Island Foreshore Estate Ikoyi Lagos ,

@Post,

Thank God no life was lost!
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by Eziachi: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Nigerians are the funniest bunch really grin grin grin
No casualty- Thank God! And all the prayer warriors are out!
So what if there is a casualty? What will be the response? THANK YOU GOD FOR GOING ON HOLIDAY?
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by ikeyman00(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

nl yal got it wrong
[size=32pt]
it was a passengers craft oooooooooooo[/size]

nobody die doe
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by oge4real(f): 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2010
It was originally meant to be a simulation or safety drill, but he plane actually went off the runway claering trees on its path. Thank God no life was lost though most of the passengers sustained injuries of varying degrees.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by akwaowoudo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hope Farouk Abdulmutallab's associate isn't at work.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by akwaowoudo(m): 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hope Farouk Abdulmutallab's associate isn't at work.
Re: Plane Crash In Port Harcourt: Few Minutes Ago. [No Casualties] by klas(m): 11:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
Mock plane crash turns real in PH
From Henry Chukwurah, Port Harcourt

An initially mock exercise in air crash management turned sour yesterday as a military aircraft used in the demonstration near the Port Harcourt International Airport, plunged into the bush. No life was however lost in the accident but some of the crewmen were said to have sustained various degree of injuries.

Strangely, the zonal office of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) dismissed it merely as, “a simulation exercise”.
Checks by Saturday Sun revealed that the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), had organized a “simulation exercise” on how to manage crashes and passengers in crash situations.

Unfortunately the mock crash exercise that started in the morning later turned sour when the aircraft with registration Number NAF: 950GG222-8 Series, veered off the runway into the bush. Luckily, nobody died in the accident.
However, following the accident, the airport was shut down briefly and later resumed normal flight operations.
When contacted, the South South Zonal Coordinator of NEMA, Mr. Umesi Emenike merely dismissed the incident as “a simulation exercise” and his line suddenly went off.
After two repeated calls by Saturday Sun, he promised to call back and cut off the call.
Also, repeated calls put to the Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs of the Port Harcourt Airport, Mr. Victor Arisa, were not picked. This was despite a text identifying this reporter after initial unanswered calls.
However, when contacted, the Acting Regional Airspace Manager in-charge of the airport area, Mr. Mike Balile told Saturday Sun that it was initially a mock exercise that started well but later led to an accident.

“It was actually a mock exercise. The aircraft actually came for the exercise with all the passengers some of who were in bandage as if they sustain injuries. However, during landing, the aircraft veered off into the bush”, he said.
Mr. Balile however assured that the situation has been brought, “very much under control”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / TIMELINE: Bad Fuel, Foul Fuel, Off-Spec — Nigeria’s History With Bad Petrol / CAN Demands On NASS Leadership Distasteful : MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.