Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:50 PM

My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings (652 Views)

Emir Sanusi's Reaction On Meeting Ganduje At Eid Prayer Ground / PDP Declares Seven-days Mourning For The Victims Of the Plateau State Killings / President Buhari Speaks On Fresh Plateau Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by lanrefront1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
First of all, maybe we should give thanks to God and give testimony in churches and mosques that the President finally, at last, after so many lives have been destroyed by Fulani herdsmen all over the country, makes a decisive statement and order on Fulani herdsmen menace.

Through his media aide, Garba Shehu, the President said "President Buhari believes that this madness has gone too far. He has instructed the military and the police to not only bring the violence to an instant end, but to draw up a plan to ensure that there are no further attacks and reprisal attacks by one group against the other."

By the way, Mr. President, it had already gone to far more than a year ago. Makes one wonder how the Presidency judges what is "too far" in this context.

Watching Uncle Yori on "This Morning" show on TVC, he said some things, made some points: that there was already a curfew in place, and the Army were on ground, yet the killers (widely believed by all to be herdsmen) were still able to kill 29 people.

Then he asked: Was there even need for there to be an order from the President before the Army and police know they are supposed to have had a strategic plan to contain the Fulani herdsmen menace since 2 years now? So they were waiting for directive from the President before they know what to do? So if no orders had come from the Presidency, they will just keep on waiting?

I believe seasoned television presenter Yori Folarin's assertions or questions are very right. Only an hypocrite will declare them to be unguarded utterance. The evidence is all around us. We have all been witness to the President's inaction concerning the Fulani herdsmen menace since the advent of this administration two years ago.

At one point, coming from official quarters, they said it was Bokoharam attacking under the guise of herdsmen. Then at another point, also coming from official quarters, very strongly, we were told the herdsmen were not Fulani but foreigners. that they were Malians. This we were repeatedly told.

Thank God for Nigerian Immigration Service, which decided not to follow the usual eye-service culture of government officials to the power in Aso Rock and through its Public Relations Officer, Ekpedeme King, made a categorical statement on the matter.

He said, “There is no evidence that the herdsmen are foreigners and the immigration service doesn’t profile immigrants based on their ethnicity. So, the NIS cannot say whether the herdsmen are Nigerians or not because nobody has produced them for us to profile them.

“We are at the borders and we have not seen any herdsman coming into the country. We have our men at the borders and they are doing their job. So far, what we have heard is speculation that they are from foreign countries, but no one has profiled them to know their identities, but it is not impossible that they could be foreigners.”

http://punchng.com/killings-no-proof-fulani-herdsmen-forei…/

My point this morning: What is good is good and what is bad is bad. Because you are a PMB supporter doesn't mean you should ignore and not criticise the unchecked menace of the Fulani herdsmen. If PMB is doing good things, by all means commend him. If he's doing some bad things, by all means condemn it.

Some public commentators have opined that the problem of Nigeria is not just leadership but follwership. Are you a good or bad follower of our deal leader PMB?

The unchecked menace of Fulani herdsmen especially needs the condemnation of everyone since it has to do not with resources or marginalization, but the destruction of human lives in very violent and horrific manners. Farmers and villagers are slaughtered with knives and swords and gunned down by bullets.

To my friends who thinks anyone raising this issue is a rabble-rouser, only raising unnecessary dust, making a mountain out of a mole-hill, try to imagine if it were your villages that this herdsmen were committing these atrocities. Imagine you went on a weekend to your villa, and you met the whole town sorrowful; and you see corpses of mothers, fathers, daughters and sons that have been slaughtered with knives, swords and bullets. Would your perspective and indifference on the matter still remain the same?

Very few of us was as active and supportive of making PMB's emergence possible through social media as Kayode Ogunmaisi, the soicla media activist. He recently said on twitter:

Dear @NGRPresident @MBuhari you have not acted as CinC regarding the menace of Fulani Herdsmen / Farmers crisis. Your inaction is VERY LOUD

But at least we thank God, PMB has given the order the Army and police were waiting for. Let's all hope the slaughtering of innocent lives by Fulani herdsmen will come to an end, because really, it makes absolute senselessness when human-beings die so that cattle may live.

https://www.facebook.com/lanre.osinubi/posts/1568923716487046
Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by Nbote(m): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
D mere fact dat he has been completely non responsive to d menace of d herdsmen all dis while says a lot. At no tym has he even as much come out to condemn their actions or anytging
Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by Mrjo(m): 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
U be chemical abi? If presdent react u react abi? Kwatinu

Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
Buhari is only concerned in using the military to block a reprisal against the fulanis for the school massacre they carried out. He is not interested in bringing the fulani perpetrators of the heinous crime to justice

2 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by Amhappy(f): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Reprisal attack indeed. Buhari stand on fulani herdsmen is to protect them. Sadly Jonathan as president and David Mark as senate president did not take a stand on them when they were in power. They would have been branded terrorist long before Buhari came to power and he would have done nada. Fulani herdsmen have always been held sacrosanct despite all the terrors they committed.

1 Like

Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by lanrefront1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nbote:
D mere fact dat he has been completely non responsive to d menace of d herdsmen all dis while says a lot. At no tym has he even as much come out to condemn their actions or anytging

Sadly, the answer is yes

Even now, if you check is press release, he has avoided using any word like herdsmen. He only said groups, that the Army should keep one group from attacking one another.
Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by lanrefront1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
ChimaAgbalajob:
Buhari is only concerned in using the military to block a reprisal against the fulanis for the school massacre they carried out. He is not interested in bringing the fulani perpetrators of the heinous crime to justice

It does seem so. His order said nothing about bringing perpetrators of the crime to book. It only emphasised on putting a stop to killings and reprisal attacks
Re: My Reaction To The President's Reaction On The Plateau Killings by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

Allah Please Dont Let Ipob Break Up Nigeria-buhari Pray / 70 Famous Quotes By Confucius / PDP Chairmanship: Prince Uche Secondus Meets With Oyo State Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.