Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,067 members, 7,890,512 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight (21096 Views)

These Pictures Will Make You Miss Owerri / Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight / 6 Signs You May Miss Your Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Opinionated: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Your flight was scheduled for 10 am. But you are still in traffic or held up somewhere as at 9:30 am. You are gasping for breath fearing the worst. You arrived at the airport past 10, low and behold the flight had taken off! What will you do? Well, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, got you covered as we share the things you should do.

Do not panic

Keeping calm can be hard when you miss a flight. What such circumstances really require is logical problem solving, a frame of mind best achieved when you are calm. This will enable you to direct your mind towards fixing the situation.

Ask the airline staff about your options

Depending on the reason why you missed your flight, you should reach out to the airline staff about your options before accepting your fate. You can make your decision based on their advice. But remember that you have favourable options if the reason for missing your flight was not your fault.

Check the departure boards

If your trip is very important that you cannot postpone or reschedule it, you can buy another ticket. Prior to this, check the departure boards to see which available airline is flying to your destination.

Reschedule your flight

After you have done everything humanly possible to travel and there is no solution, it is advisable that you reschedule your flight. This is even cheaper than booking an entirely new flight.

Make the call

Missing a flight is more painful if you are on a business trip. Nonetheless, endeavour to control the situation by letting whomever you are meeting know that you have missed your flight and you will not arrive on the agreed date. Kindly apologise and reschedule the meeting.

Learn from them mistakes

Mistakes do happen. But these same mistakes will happen repeatedly if we do not learn from them. So, whatever the reason for missing your flight may be, endeavour you take pragmatic actions to prevent them from occurring again.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-things-miss-scheduled-flight/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by jony247(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ok.

Yipee. I made FTC
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by DirtyGold: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
Do NOT miss your flight in the first place because you are most likely to PAY MORE to work out another flight including your lost time.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein

What's tha business?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Ibrahim9090: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
Missed FTC
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by 9jvirgin(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
The best advice is try not to miss your flight, it gives the worst feelings. I almost missed a flight to Port Harcourt and when I eventually got into the aircraft, it felt like I had won a jackpot. smiley

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by hypertension(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
7 Thing JUBRIL should do after missing campaign promises

1. BEG FOR MORE TIME

2. ASK AISHA IN THE OTHER ROOM

3. EXPLAIN TO HIS GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS

4. APPROVE MORE CONTRACTS FOR TINUBU

5. FREE NNAMDI KANU WITH NO MORE CHARGES

6. MORE WORLD BANK MONEY TO THE NORTH

7. HONOURABLY RESIGN

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by sucess001(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
just go and book the next available flight and stop blaming your village people
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by aldexrio(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
I'm sure all the commenter above me didn't read the post before commenting including myself. Issokay
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Papiikush: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
The only flights I miss are the Danfo busses in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by slawomir: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
ok
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Lighthouseman: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
And it made front page??
Mschew
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by tosyne2much(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
Call me when a thread for people who miss their Mass Peace Transit schedule is opened

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Keneeby(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
Has buhari resign?
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by tega10: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2017
mtchewwwwww op I think say na money we go get as we miss flight
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by dahaz(m): 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Departure board?
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Jabioro: 6:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Is a pit hole just do every humanly possible to avoid it...you will be subcharge it
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Guilderland1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
.....…......
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by datola: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
I once miised it because of fear. I had booked to travel and rain started falling Pitter patter on the day. I was charged for 'no show' when I rescheduled. On that day too I was the last person to board. They've closed the counter.

I don't know what people enjoy in flying sha, especially on a long journey.
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Robbin7(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
RUBBISH POST AGAIN.
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by NLbully(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
sheybi Na person wey get money dey fly embarassed
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by iamawara(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the guidance
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by iamawara(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
hypertension:

1. BEG FOR MORE TIME

7. HONOURABLY RESIGN

Honestly I wanted to give u a reply not until when I saw ur moniker

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by blackmann(m): 7:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
Here in the US the agents usually just book me onto the next available flight to my destination. Not a cent paid extra.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by realsolver: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
YOUR USERNAME SPEAKS VOLUME
hypertension:

1. BEG FOR MORE TIME

7. HONOURABLY RESIGN
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by laborious(m): 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
And if you know you were going to miss the flight already, then contact us...check my signature..
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Kingstel(m): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
This thing can pain as if one don miss heaven. embarassed
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by mcayomind: 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
ssəuıssnq ɹnoʎ puıw puɐ
ʞɔɐq əuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ʍou 'noʎ uɹəɔuoɔ ʇou səop ʇɐɥʍ pɐəɹ oʇ uʍop əpısdn əuoɥd ɹnoʎ pəuɹnʇ əʌɐɥ noʎ
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by Spaxon(f): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Oh that's educative
Re: 6 Things To Do When You Miss Your Scheduled Flight by coldsummer: 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
This isn't nija flights I assume.

I bought a ticket on air peace and for 11 am from abuja to Lagos one time. On getting to the airport at 10, I was told the flight time changed and the flight had left.

I had to pay another 7k to reschedule.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coup: Aircraft Conveying Nigerian Pilgrims Trapped In Niger, Says MaxAir / 16 Passengers Missing In Another Lagos Boat Accident / Another Container Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.