Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,837 members, 7,898,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations (8792 Views)

Drama As Man Disrupts Army Press Briefing, Accuses Soldiers Of Murder. Photos / Why We Invade Daily Trust Newspaper Offices - Nigerian Army (Press Statement) / Full Text Of Army's Press Briefing On How Exercise Python Dance Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 18, 2017
N
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by samnyeks: 7:07am On Oct 18, 2017
Na wah
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Tamass: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2017
dictbennie:

So the NA doing the job of the police is right to you? In sane climes, they don't even leave their barracks until there is an external/internal aggression. Nigerians still behave as if they are under military rule.
How is curtailing the activities of an emerging secessionist group that could jeopardize the unity of the nation and disrupt economic activities a duty of the police...? Btw i can see how the police have been tackling issues like cultism not to talk of sensitive matters like that
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Naziridamos: 7:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Criminals lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Lomprico2: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2017
The Cabals don join nairaland ni?
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria Army should stop blaming rumour mongers and the so called mischief makers for their for their unprofessionalism and incompetence.

News about whatever outreach programme they planned with the civil populace should have been made available months before ie before the ‘operation’ starts.Details of the programme should have been released earlier.

Civil populace should not be blamed. I’m sure there is not a single person here who knows exactly what the medical outreach entails.

What are in their kit boxes? Who are the target? What sort of medical aids? When? How long it’d last. Details should be available on their website, not just news and pictures of fights against Boko Haram.

If the people are properly informed, rumour mingers stand little chance of exploiting the minds of even those who can’t read because they would have heard the authentic news over the radio, tv or posters in languages they would understand.

Even with all the rumour and bad press flying around, no one still could say exactly what the NA want to achieve with their medical outreach.

In some places like the SE, it was ill planned, I’ll timed and wrongly executed. The Army should have reflected but they continued making the same mistake in other places.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by SOPIGO: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2017
ybalogs:
Every way is being sought to bring about the downfall of this government that even an harmless aid by the Nigerian Army has been misconstrued. This is so sad. Now the aid will have to be stopped and that spell bad news for those not vaccinated.
Who started d means of downfall of Government if not this very wicked propaganda APC-BUHARI Government. What goes up must surely come down. The card they use is being used against them.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Bibi294(f): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2017
solochris:
In anambra it was a mere rumour by illiterate Igbos, Ok. I'm Rivers, same thing, we agree. In ogun, same ibob? U people will still do another one and come up with yet another disclaimer notice.
Even in Ekiti.... Conan see those students yesterday
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by lastmessenger: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

How is curtailing the activities of an emerging secessionist group that could jeopardize the unity of the nation and disrupt economic activities a duty of the police...? Btw i can see how the police have been tackling issues like cultism not to talk of sensitive matters like that
We need a real commitment from the army that they are really acting in the interest of all. How can we have the army behave in a way that is so suspicious and then they turn around and expect confidence from the populace? just yesterday a man who managed to survive the Fulani massacre in plateau state confessed that they were actually led to the point where Fulani attacked them by the army.
The kind of deaf ear the security agencies are paying to the atrocities of these herdsmen make one wonder how patriotic the army is in what they claim to do.
I expect the FG to send troops after these herdsmen, for a serious search and let all of them be disarmed. There is too much hypocrisy in this country for Gods sake.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Lomprico2: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
presidency:
DISCLAIMER NOTICE

1. The attention of Headquarters 6 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to some rumours making the rounds that some Nigerian Army Personnel are going round schools in Rivers State dressed in Military Camouflage uniforms with the intention of forcefully vaccinating students with an unknown substance. The callous and unpatriotic rumours spread by these enemies of State are, to say the least, despicable, deplorable and highly condemnable by all well meaning Nigerians as they are intended to cause pandemonium among the general public.

2. The authorities of 6 Division Nigerian Army wishes to inform the general public that while the Nigerian Army plans to undertake such gestures like free medical outreaches, sanitation exercises in host communities and distribution of educational materials as part of our community relations activities during the ongoing Operation CROCODILE SMILE II, these activities are yet to be conducted and will eventually be conducted with the consent of relevant authorities of designated communities and at venues and dates that will be duly communicated to the general public through future press releases and relevant posters.

3. For the purpose of emphasis, the Nigerian Army does not and will never carry out its medical outreaches or vaccination exercises for that matter in Schools. We can therefore categorically inform the public that the ongoing rumours about Nigerian Army Personnel going round schools in military camouflage to forcefully immunize school children are not true and should therefore be discountenanced with.
Additionally, members of the public are please requested to call 09072509436-8 to report any case of any impostor(s) that may be seen actually trying to commit such atrocities.

4. You are kindly requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

AMINU ILIYASU
Colonel
Deputy Director
Army Public Relations

Since the president asked WHO to focus mainly on the north, WHO is a health organisation, the military health care awareness is also a health matter, so can you please take this vaccination to the north, buhari will like it more. We dont want it here in d south!
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by eagleeye2: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
maclatunji:

Yes, we don't need the trust of dubious seditious elements. The law is there to deal with them and their nefarious activities.

Law-abiding citizens have little to fear from the law. Fake news bearers beware, you may be exposed and duly prosecuted in due course
I have been noticing more of your posts on politics section. So you have decided to stop hiding in the Muslim section or has BMC...HQs been recruiting?
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Temidayo9(m): 7:28am On Oct 18, 2017
If the whole country believed in Salt bath during ebola, I wonder what dey will also believe now when the rumour involve NA and killing students.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 18, 2017
maclatunji:

Yes, we don't need the trust of dubious seditious elements. The law is there to deal with them and their nefarious activities.

Law-abiding citizens have little to fear from the law. Fake news bearers beware, you may be exposed and duly prosecuted in due course
Are you OK? if I meet you in real life, I will use your gun on you. terrorist like you.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2017
maclatunji:

baba who is more dubious the Fulani that go about killing innocent people, the terrorist in aso rock or the people waving flag demanding freedom. your answer is expected pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by bsideboii(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2017
The citizens are harassed everyday if not by siren blaring military men in traffic, they are been manhandled by angry looking army Privates for the flimsiest of reasons. In saner climes military guys are just cool to be around but here dem be demigod.Now they want to inject the same pple they have harassed in the past and still do with vaccines .Who does dat?

Work on your image !!! You guys are living in a world of yours.
Nigerians don't like you guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Jelal0007(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Till date the Army has refused to list the names of the so called Vaccines in its custody and who they are meant for ?
Why I'm I not surprised? A kid in adult skin whose f00lishness knows no bound. Oya 5naira,use it n buy sense.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by tishbite41(m): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

Oga did you read the post at all..let me do you a favour then..."The NA refuted claims of carrying out such exercise..." so whats the sense in your last statement?
Btw its thanks to the military the SE is peaceful again..the got rid of the miscreants that were trying to cause an uproar and create tension in the environment
Biafra has always been peaceful.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by SalamRushdie: 7:46am On Oct 18, 2017
Jelal0007:
Why I'm I not surprised? A kid in adult skin whose f00lishness knows no bound. Oya 5naira,use it n buy sense.

The Army in this same article has agreed that it carries out medical outreach and vaccinations but doesn't force anyone to take it ...My question is simple what are the names of the vaccines in its custody abi is there a general vaccine for that prevents every disease including stupidity then I suggest you go for such vaccination to stem yours

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by amerlino(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2017
I keep asking myself wat kind of vaccines are they carrying around that they are so desperate that to administer to people. Is it cancer vaccine or what? People dont want those vaccines and this stupid nigerian army are still taking them around all the states despite peoples fears and rejection. This nigerian army is very foolish
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Made1414(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

Check yourself bro... Its either you have comprehension issues or you are finding it difficult to accept the truth

Still not making sense..Does you and your NA know the meaning of the word truth?
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Tamass: 7:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Made1414:

Still not making sense..Does you and your NA know the meaning of the word truth?
Soothe yourself lad...you are entitled to your opinion no matter how silly it may seem.
Don't bother quoting me cause i wouldn't reply you again..
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by ozimec(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2017
presidency:
DISCLAIMER NOTICE

1. The attention of Headquarters 6 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to some rumours making the rounds that some Nigerian Army Personnel are going round schools in Rivers State dressed in Military Camouflage uniforms with the intention of forcefully vaccinating students with an unknown substance. The callous and unpatriotic rumours spread by these enemies of State are, to say the least, despicable, deplorable and highly condemnable by all well meaning Nigerians as they are intended to cause pandemonium among the general public.

2. The authorities of 6 Division Nigerian Army wishes to inform the general public that while the Nigerian Army plans to undertake such gestures like free medical outreaches, sanitation exercises in host communities and distribution of educational materials as part of our community relations activities during the ongoing Operation CROCODILE SMILE II, these activities are yet to be conducted and will eventually be conducted with the consent of relevant authorities of designated communities and at venues and dates that will be duly communicated to the general public through future press releases and relevant posters.

3. For the purpose of emphasis, the Nigerian Army does not and will never carry out its medical outreaches or vaccination exercises for that matter in Schools. We can therefore categorically inform the public that the ongoing rumours about Nigerian Army Personnel going round schools in military camouflage to forcefully immunize school children are not true and should therefore be discountenanced with.
Additionally, members of the public are please requested to call 09072509436-8 to report any case of any impostor(s) that may be seen actually trying to commit such atrocities.

4. You are kindly requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your medium. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

AMINU ILIYASU
Colonel
Deputy Director
Army Public Relations

I seriously doubt if I will ever believe or trust Nigeria Army. And I know it will be difficult for many people in the South to trust them after their bitter experience in the past. Just yesterday some people who escaped from the Jos community massacre alleged how they were lured into a primary school by the same Army and about 30 people were killed after being abandoned there by the same people who assured them of their protection.
Trust them at your own peril.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by ozimec(m): 8:13am On Oct 18, 2017
maclatunji:

Have you asked yourself why the people are scared of the so called vaccines even though they haven't started the vaccination?
Many people have lost confidence in Nigeria Army especially, in the South.
I seriously doubt if I will ever believe or trust Nigeria Army. And I know it will be difficult for many people in the South to trust them after their bitter experience in the past. Just yesterday some people who escaped from the Jos community massacre alleged how they were lured into a primary school by the same Army and about 30 people were killed after being abandoned there by the same people who assured them of their protection.
Trust them at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 18, 2017
dictbennie:

So the NA doing the job of the police is right to you? In sane climes, they don't even leave their barracks until there is an external/internal aggression. Nigerians still behave as if they are under military rule.

Most of us are always quick to say " in sane countries......". Do you think NA is happy doing or assisting Police in their duties? We are the problems my bro, average Nigerians dont have regard for the law nor the Police, yet we want to be treated with all civility. When traffic police are controlling traffic, you see us still driving anyhow without courtesy for other road users. But if you put just one Army guy to just stand there, you notice everyone starts behaving well.

I think the day we citizens start obeying laws n orders with adequate respect for our Police, the NA will return permanently to the barracks. Stop comparing us to developed n organised nations like US. The day their people start behaving like us, military means will be used to maintain law n order.

We like being treated with false.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by virus05(m): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2017
wintersnow:
God bless the Nigerian Army..
The high level of illiteracy in this country is something else... I live in rivers state...Funny enough nobody saw the army injecting anyone.....Rumors spread like wildfire ni..
u staying indoors and expecting to see? You're insane. I'm at uniport and there were soldiers around the primary school in uniport there but the school refused to open the gate for them to come in. So I dont know what u wanna see when u're indoors.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by wintersnow(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2017
virus05:
u staying indoors and expecting to see? You're insane. I'm at uniport and there were soldiers around the primary school in uniport there but the school refused to open the gate for them to come in. So I dont know what u wanna see when u're indoors.

Smh indoors? Niqqer I went to pick my Lil bro from school.. I didn't see any army personnel, so I don't get your point? More than 400 principles have been interviewed already and none of them saw the arny injecting anybody.. Please get your fact right before you type trash... More principles would be interviewed today.. This is just a fcking rumor!
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Ormorlehwah(f): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2017
What are they doing in the school? Did they went there to teach? Mai people, if u Don born pikin u go know how e dey do pesin
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Ndupat(m): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2017
This is total misplace of priority.. What has the army have to do with vaccination. Honestly I dont get it, and Nigeria should be ashamed at herself for dragging the army into all these domestic activities.
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Ndupat(m): 8:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Besides, vaccinations has always being carried out long before now, and it all worked out...... But now why the sudden use of military presence to vaccinate children.. There is hidden agenda if I am ask. Because me i am not understanding oo
Re: Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations by Femistico(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2017
Not only in Rivers state, here in ondo state yesterday everybody was running helter skelter to go pick his/her child from school around 10am when the rumors broke out and was spread like wild fire.....90% of Nigerians are illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List / Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE / President Tinubu's Diplomatic Engagements Strengthen Nigeria's Global Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.