Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,118 members, 7,890,712 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. (2571 Views)

How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? / Diaries Section Is A Lot Of Fun. / In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
sisisioge:

Oh spoons! You are brutal baby...very brutal grin
grin That little boy is still teething jare, that's why he's been misbehaving. All he needs is motherly cuddling from you ladies to ease his pains, and a tender pat on his flat buttocks from we guys to show that we care --- although, the pat might feel like lashes intended for a masquerade. grin
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I don't just agree, i'm with you all the way..By the way, someone read your post and contacted me offline saying we write exactly alike...

Don't take them too seriously bro, some folks just have nothing to offer...Take it like that
Like, seriously?
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Like, seriously?

I meant i agree 100%
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I meant i agree 100%
You mean, with our resident devil? Okay. No wahala.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
You mean, with our resident devil? Okay. No wahala.

Sorry i don't stereotype people. I have my downsides too.. I'm more about the message this time around...Did you take time to read through the post?
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Sorry i don't stereotype people. I have my downsides too.. I'm more about the message this time around...Did you take time to read through the post?
If I didn't read through the post, I wouldn't have been able to make the numerous highlights I made.

I'm no longer interested in this thread anyways---I won't reply if I'm mentioned here again.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
If I didn't read through the post, I wouldn't have been able to make the numerous highlights I made.

I'm no longer interested in this thread anyways---I won't reply if I'm mentioned here again.

Well...we see things differently..It's simply posturing
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by NPComplete: 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
Daeylar:
Chaii he has come to family section grin grin

Cc ZandhaZaraZ
Npcomplete

Every section on nairaland must know him by fire by force, after all every publicity is good publicity,

We must know him, whether for good or bad grin grin LMAO grin

He cannot come to nairaland and be unknown grin

Lol grin

I think what will pain him most Is if he is ignored grin if he opens the next thread and no one even bothers to comment grin grin LMAO, grin

That will be more painful than all theses disses and explanations for his behaviour he keeps recieveing.

Babe. That guy matter don tire me. I am just glad to be one of those who have put him in his place. Gradually we will cure him of his vainglory and he will become a normal person eventually.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Acidosis(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
OP,

At least 1 out of every 10 Nigerians you meet out there is a Nairalander. How do I know? Nairaland has over 1.8 million active members (that is, 10% of Nigeria's current population).

What does that tell you? Nairalanders are the typical educated Nigerians you meet out there, we aren't robots. If you can't get the good intelligent views here, it means those views don't exist in Nigeria.

Opinions, whether good or bad, are not easy to come by. Everyone has one problem or the other, so when people take out time to respond to family issues, try as much as possible to respect their views, even when, for some reasons, you don't agree with them.

Having said that, you need to also realize that we all have our weaknesses and strengths. Don't leverage on your strength to condemn the weaknesses of others. Some of you here complain too much about written English. You all failed to realize that those you complain about may actually speak better. Their command of the spoken English can take them to places your written English may never give you. Some people write so well but in reality, they stammer and stutter. For such persons, writing becomes their strength.

Another problem I have with people like you is that even when the message has little or no spelling or typographical error, you still condemn the poster because the writer probably didn't write like Shakespeare or Wole Soyinka. Some persons were trained to code, design, draw, paint, analyze, calculate, etc. so when they fail to write like Shakespeare, do not criticize! It only means they've learnt to leverage on their strengths.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
Daeylar:
Chaii he has come to family section grin grin

Cc ZandhaZaraZ
Npcomplete

Every section on nairaland must know him by fire by force, after all every publicity is good publicity,

We must know him, whether for good or bad grin grin LMAO grin

He cannot come to nairaland and be unknown grin

Lol grin

I think what will pain him most Is if he is ignored grin if he opens the next thread and no one even bothers to comment grin grin LMAO, grin

That will be more painful than all theses disses and explanations for his behaviour he keeps recieveing.
I don't know him. Who is he? grin
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2017
Acidosis:
OP,

At least 1 out of every 10 Nigerians you meet out there is a Nairalander. How do I know? Nairaland has over 1.8 million active members (that is, 10% of Nigeria's current population).

So 1.8million is 10% of 180million?

6 Likes

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Acidosis(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
THT80:

So 1.8million is 10% of 180million?

Why are you so attracted to mistakes? Is it that bad?

Anyway, thanks for highlighting that one aspect of my post. 1.8 million is 1%, not 10%, of 180 million. That's still a very good representation in a country with very low internet penetration and high illiteracy rate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by DarkRebel69: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
Acidosis:

Why are you so attracted to mistakes? Is it that bad?

Anyway, thanks for highlighting that one aspect of my post. 1.8 million is 1%, not 10%, of 180 million. That's still a very good representation in a country with very low internet penetration and high illiteracy rate.

Nigeria is a country with low internet penetration? Statistically speaking, 1% is a good representation of the remainder 99%?

You never cease to amaze me with the simplistic nature of your reasoning.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by DarkRebel69: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
NeeKlaus:
I am not evasive like you pointed out and I believe I have a right to address whatever and whoever I choose to address without being guilty of a fallacy.

I stumbled upon your posts littered around various sections in the course of your (very) short stay here and I noticed you have an advanced case of superiority complex. I don't know if it's as a result of your grammatical fluency or some other psychological problem I know nothing about but you really have to come down from your high pedestal.

Also, you act like a perfectionist with your mantra of anything worth doing is worth doing well but seriously, who gives a rat's ass? This is an online forum; a virtual reality. If everything doesn't conform to your high and exquisite taste, then you can go ahead and create your own planet of perfection and reside in it exclusively. No one cares.

I don't resort to invectives because that tramples upon all aspects of intellectualism. Criticism is both constructive and destructive and I honestly doubt if I am in line with the latter.

@emboldened_Really? You ought to read Philippics, written by Marcus Cicero. (It was a litany of invectives directed at Mark Antony). And I don't think it—Philippics–"tramples upon all aspects of intellectualism".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by ImaIma1(f): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
OP i understand your point. Off course NL is a forum with all kinds of people...well and unwell...illiterate,semi literate, literate,etc. Not all the advice will make sense because they come from various people with different mindsets,family backgrounds, upbringing, level of understanding,etc.

However, you need to keep an open mind and tone down your perfectionism. You cannot expect everything to be according to how you think it should be. And when you put "Nigerians" in a bucket of low IQ, unintelligent, etc, you should remember that you are a Nigerian. NL cannot submit to your ideas or ideal situations. . It's either you learn to relate with all the kinds of people you find here or you continue to find fault in everything. It is not a formal forum.

Breathe...life is not that hard.

5 Likes

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't know him. Who is he? grin

Lol he's been going from section to section finding fault with how each section operates.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
NPComplete:

Babe. That guy matter don tire me. I am just glad to be one of those who have put him in his place. Gradually we will cure him of his vainglory and he will become a normal person eventually.

I can't even say I know what he wants, I don't even know if he just wants to be known or he really means all these things he posts, oh well,

Even if he has a good point it can't be heard because he keeps attacking everyone.
Oh well
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by adepeter2027(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Daeylar:

I can't even say I know what he wants, I don't even know if he just wants to be known or he really means all these things he posts, oh well,

Even if he has a good point it can't be heard because he keeps attacking everyone.
Oh well
Who's the person please
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol he's been going from section to section finding fault with how each section operates.
wow, maybe he's was employed newly to be a nairaland critic grin grin
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by adepeter2027(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
So it's even this werey
Werey tun ja wọ family.
Programming, crime and joke sections loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
adepeter2027:
So it's even this werey

Werey tun ja wọ family.

Programming, crime and joke sections loading

adepeter2027:

Who's the person please

You've found the person,

Lol, I will burst out laughing if he actually goes to other sections to complain, lol,
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Tamass: 1:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

You've found the person,

Lol, I will burst out laughing if he actually goes to other sections to complain, lol,
He'd regret it if he shows off at the politics section...thats where the crazy nairalanders are situated
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by cococandy(f): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2017
OP I agree with you up to the point of the grammar issue. Yes I enjoy well written posts a lot but your initial complaint is so much more important that combining it with the problem of grammar belittles it.

On the first issue.....
Why people can't give practical meaningful advice instead of regurgitating
'go on your knees'
'ignore it'
'God will take care of it'
(You know all those things that sound 'right' but actually mean nothing and won't solve the posters problem one bit) baffles me. Shows inability to even think moderately much less in-depth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 6:27am On Oct 19, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
wow, maybe he's was employed newly to be a nairaland critic grin grin

If he was. He could have done a far better job than what he is doing,

I didn't even read his other complaints in other sections I only read that of literature and I felt that was too harsh,
Maybe if he tones down the insults, (I feel he tried to do so here but he can do better ) then I can take him seriously
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 6:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Tamass:

He'd regret it if he shows off at the politics section...thats where the crazy nairalanders are situated

Really? Let me go and see
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

I didn't even read his other complaints in other sections I only read that of literature and I felt that was too harsh,
Maybe if he tones down the insults, (I feel he tried to do so here but he can do better ) then I can take him seriously
I understand you
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

I honestly do not give a rats ass about whether or not you take me seriously. Your opinion about me is irrelevant.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by adepeter2027(m): 7:18am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

Really? Let me go and see
Actually, politics section is thy home of mad and raving lunatics. If he dares go there, that's the beginning of the end for him
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2017
adepeter2027:

Actually, politics section is thy home of mad and raving lunatics. If he dares go there, that's the beginning of the end for him

Lol, you guys are making me very interested, I'm on my way there. Lol,
I don't see the lunatics when threads from politics section comes to FP, but let me check,
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by adepeter2027(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, you guys are making me very interested, I'm on my way there. Lol,
I don't see the lunatics when threads from politics section comes to FP, but let me check,

Maybe they are calmed people because before now and before the birth of mydn44, politics section is/was hell

Furthermore, a thread filled with comments from thy crazy ones no longer make FP or hardly get to FP

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by vaxx: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2017
THT80:
Matters of family and relationship are very crucial subjects. They are crucial because they deal with the lives of people. Whenever a problem arises from the home or between couples, such problem should be taken as an extremely serious and volatile one because if it is not handled properly, it could lead to the end of such relationship, or even worse. And the scars that would arise out of such outcomes may last through out the lives of the individuals involved and possibly even affect their children.

If all this is the case, and if we, as I suppose, understand how precariously balanced a problem or issue bothering on family or relationship is, why then are we quick to the proffer advice that we aren't competent enough to render?

I don't mean to denigrate the active users on this section, but from all the threads I have read, I have hardly come across any piece of advice that's worth applying. I think it was just in one case that I read something that didn't make me frown. Does this mean that no one on this section is smart enough to render the sort of advice one would find on foreign forums? Is this related to the pervasive claim that black Africans have lower IQs compared to other races, a claim I am trying so hard to reject? Why is it that almost all responses from users on this section bespeak of a low intelligence, a lack of healthy experience on the subject of marriage and a dangerous eagerness to air opinions, whilst lacking the cognitive capacity to realize that such opinions are inane?

And the poor content quality on this section isn't the only problem, there is also the problem of the poor writing. If you must offer an advice, please do it in proper written English. I've read a lot of responses on this section that bear a lot of similarity to the writing of a kid in nursery school. If you can't write properly then please don't hurt the sensitivities of people who enjoy reading properly written posts by uploading the pile of grammatical blunder you call a post.

Please, for the sake of the families and relationships of people who ask for advice, if you are incompetent to proffer a solution to their problems through written advice(and this is like more than 90% of the users on this section), please don't bother responding to such threads. These are real people with real problems and you shouldn't jeopardize their lives or escalate their problems with your ill-thought-out, preposterous advice.
may your star let you reply my post..

You are a bunch of error on nairaland.. Where the hell do you hail from? Do you tink you are smarter than many esteem nairalanders..

Your first post on religious section speak a lot about your impaired intelligence. Do you ignorantly think is about queen English? It is about your quality thinking and not grammar. In fact go to your peer which I assume are planning to write wassce and give them this your corrosive gibberish you call an advice..I told you earlier ,you need DNA-g2 test as quick as possible.
Re: The Quality Of Advice On This Section Is Extremely Poor. by Daeylar(f): 7:52am On Oct 19, 2017
adepeter2027:

Maybe they are calmed people because before now and before the birth of mydn44, politics section is/was hell

Furthermore, a thread filled with comments from thy crazy ones no longer make FP or hardly get to FP

Because of this I'm going there, lol, I know I've been saying this since morning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Nigerian Families Are Very Traditional" - Scottish Scholar / Inter-tribal Marriage: What Pain, What Gain? / Parents, What Would You Do If This Was Your Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.