Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 (17876 Views)

Convicted Billionaire Kidnapper Evans Opts For Plea Bargain / Fraud: U.S. Court Denies Adesuwa Ogiozee’s Plea To Remove Monitoring Device / Key Evidence Missing As Offa Bank Robbery Suspects Plead Not Guilty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Proffdada: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Evans for president 2019

Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Mekanus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
It's alright
It's OK
Odimma
Odiegwu
They should kwantinu
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by hola106(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
mega alert for d lawyer
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Dearlord(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
Well may the good lord set him free
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by ahamonyeka(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
He pleaded guilty out of duress.

Naija my country.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by BluntBoy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
His lawyer(s) have drilled him. I doubt if any lawyer will make heaven.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Meritocracy: 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
Justice delay is justice deny.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by slimfairboy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
There is nothing new and suprising in Nigeria of today! Anything and everything is expected!! I won't be suprised by the time i hear "EVANS HAS BEEN FREED!!!" NAIJA, I HAIL O!!!!
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by emmanuel530: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
(Photos) Nigerian Billionaire kingpin Evans, accomplices arrive in court

Today in Lagos, The trial of Nigerian Billionaire kingpin Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka Evans, who was arrested on June 10 continues.

And Evans together with his accomplices were brought to court in cuffs.

See more Photos @ http://emmanuel17.com/2017/10/photos-nigerian-billionaire-kingpin-evans-accomplices-arrive-court/
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Oju4190: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
If Evans were not been punished den indirectly jungle justice is been encouraged
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Bmaster(m): 1:44pm On Oct 19, 2017
looseweight:
Give him and his cohorts Saudi Arabia treatment and let's move on to the next criminal.
please,no vex o
wat do u mean by saudi arabian treatment?
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Ngene44: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
Boyooosa:
Let the drama begins....

There is free medical check up in SS and SW going on now, courtesy: TeamCrocodileSmile
wht are you implying
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by 1stMD: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
The Top Profitable Online Business Opportunities. Read:
www.flowdiary.com.ng/2017/10/profitable-online-businesses.html
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Hidentity(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
aolawale025:
I hope this case won't drag on for years. Justice delayed is justice denied

Justice rushed is justice crushed
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Boyooosa(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ngene44:
wht are you implying
You might need to know that what he did was legally normal and the adjournment was also normal. Police team has also done the normal thing by tailing him, arresting him, investigating him and finally charging him to court through the prosecuting team. The prosecuting Team has also done the normal thing by presenting the case to the court and start up a trial against him. So, everything as of now is normal except ur comment.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by BalardLee88(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
That's how they'll keep adjourning the case till God knows when.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by juman(m): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
If someone predicted many years back that a kidnapper would come and be collecting millions of dollars in ransom in nigeria, one would ask would there be no government that time?
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Ngene44: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
Boyooosa:

You might need to know that what he did was legally normal and the adjournment was also normal. Police team has also done the normal thing by tailing him, arresting him, investigating him and finally charging him to court through the prosecuting team. The prosecuting Team has also done the normal thing by presenting the case to the court and start up a trial against him. So, everything as of now is normal except ur comment.
I get your point. what I saying is that the police subjected him to media trial before the main judicial processeding. the lawyer that is standing for was interested in the case after the media trial.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by Boyooosa(m): 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ngene44:
I get your point. what I saying is that the police subjected him to media trial before the main judicial processeding. the lawyer that is standing for was interested in the case after the media trial.
Either media trial or not, a lawyer will still stand for him, it depends on the lawyer's interest. Even in a case of murder, a lawyer will still step in for the accused except if he declines. And even if he declines, the state will still provide a voluntary lawyer for him so that he won't be trialed or judged without Attorney, judicial proceedings is different from Martial Proceedings.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by AngelicBeing: 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very wise move...

It's up to you and I to pray to God for his vindication.

Christians should read Psalm 35
While Muslims should read Surah 24. An-Nur, Ayah 26
Let's intercede on his behalf.

Because if he is found guilty, the crime attracts a capital punishment and God won't be happy because my bible tells me in

Ezekiel 33:11 "... I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live."

And

Ezekiel 18:22
"For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD."

Shalom
Hian, you have started again with your jugunu analysis tongue

Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by PDPGuy: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
donlucabrazi:
'NOT GUILTY' ke? Despite the weight of evidence?......This is going to be very interesting.

Someone somewhere is trying to be smart by half. Although we are aware that the incompetence and corruption of the Nigerian Police is of Legendary proportions, the high profile nature of this case will not give room for any shenanigans...

Many heads will roll if this dare devil kidnapper is released to the society in what ever guise.

Sorry Naija police, this one don over una! .....we are watching!

Well, the only person trying to be smart is Evans because he his within his rights to plead either “Guilty”, or “Not-Guilty”.

His plea is no guarantee that he will escape conviction.
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by olypharm: 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by kingzjay(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria with a very weak and unstable judicial system.

I won't be surprised if this guy is one day acquitted of his crimes. He who pays the piper, detects the tune...

Yeye dey smell in high places!
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by wayne4loan: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
MARKone:
Maybe he don engage the services of prof. Analise Keaton.
How To Get Away With Kidnapping
Re: Evans Changes Plea To Not Guilty, Case Adjourned Till November 3 by psalmy2(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
[img][/img]
9jakohai:

EVANS 2019

Vote for the candidate who will kidnap corruption, bad governance and incompetence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Beheaded, “accused Of Exposing Boko Haram To Security Operatives” (video) / Rev Ajiboye Kadmiel Jailed 10 Years For Swindling 40 Persons Of N5.9m / Chukwuemeka Uzoukwu Notorious Kidnapper Captured By Police In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.